“Nicest place in Nashville!”

Courtyard Nashville at Opryland
Ranked #76 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nicest place in Nashville!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel. The place is very nice and the staff is friendly! I will always stay here when in Nashville! Renee the night clerk was very friendly and Carolyn the manager made us feel right at home.

• Stayed November 2012
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Nickirae17!

Thanks so much for your kind words about The Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland! Our return customers mean the world to us, and we know that there are many hotels to chose from- we appreciate the fact that you chose us again and had a great experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was spotlessly clean and roomy. Our room was on a side of the hotel which backed to a school district bus barn. Constant beeping early in the morning while the buses were all backing up and leaving for their rounds.
We had a minor issue with the ice machine not working on our level. No big deal - except for how the clerk handled it. We needed some ice for our little cooler. The clerk was so dismissive as to be rude.
The next morning we brought our disappointment to the attention of the manager. She was delightful, took our concerns seriously and bought our breakfast at the on-site restaurant. She even took our little cooler and personally filled it with ice.
Now THAT is customer service.

Room Tip: ask for a room AWAY from the bus barn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
trentsgal,

Thank you for your feedback- we apologize for any issues you may have encountered while staying at our property and we are happy that our General Manager was able to make it right for you. Thank you for your positive comments about the cleanliness of our hotel and your satisfaction with your accommodations- our staff works hard to provide a clean, comfortable stay for our guests and we are glad you felt that way! We are currently addressing the issue with the buses and will have that resolved. Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate your business and please come back and see us again at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland the next time you are in Nashville!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed her by recommendation. It is fabulous! Clean, great staff and the manager Carolyn even came and introduced herself at breakfast. I will definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2012
Hobart, IN
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights (July 27 and 28, 2012). The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a King room. It was clean and nice. The desk staff told us how to ask for the shuttle to go over to the Gaylord Opyland. They just take your name and let you know when the next shuttle will leave from this hotel to go over there and that you just call them when you are ready to go back. Our room had a little mini fridge, desk and a couch with coffee table. For as much as we were in the room, it was comfortable to come back too. They have Wi-fi too. The pool looked very nice. We didn't have time to use it though because of all the other places that we visited in Nashville. There is a big screen in the main lobby that is a great idea. It's like a laptop screen with the weather, events for the day and attractions. You can tap on anything on the screen and get more information, zoom in on a map, get concert times, etc. It was great! There are ALOT of restaurants close by. It was TOO HOT to walk, so we drove down the street to Shoney's for breakfast each day. They have a cafe/deli type place at the hotel, but seemed kind of pricey for what you can get. It's still nice if you just want something quick...water, coffee, juice, snack, etc. There's a Bob Evans, McDonalds, and a couple others in the same block or two by the hotel. You HAVE to go over to the Gaylord Resort (the shuttle will take you). It is really something to see! They should have their own zip code! It is just HUGE inside. There are places to eat all throughout each section of the hotel as well as shopping places and waterfalls/ fountains everywhere. We walked behind one of the falls! I even bought a couple of nice Christmas presents to put away for later! We even took the River Boat cruise while we were there. YES IT's INSIDE THE HOTEL! They even tell you about the hotel and all the beautiful flowers and trees that are inside. You can spend at least 4-5 hours in there depending on what you decide you want to do or eat in there. If you want to walk even more, the big outlet mall is on the backside of the hotel and all the way across the mall's parking lot, which is BIG. We did, and looked around at the mall shops and had dinner there. We walked back to the Gaylord but called for the shuttle on the way. We waited for pick up about 15 minutes after we got there. We like Marriott and would stay here again. The only thing that I would like for them to change, is to have more plush towels. I thought they were too thin for a Marriott. They were ok though and the room was always fresh and clean each day when we returned. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Cathy- we are so happy you had a great experience while staying at the Courtyard at Opryland and got a chance to enjoy all the great things there are to do in this area! We feel like we are in a great location and have easy access to all the attractions in the Opryland area and we invite you to come stay with us again next time you are in Music City!
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stay in Courtyard properties fairly often. Unfortunately, I found this one a little lacking compared to the others I've visited this year.

Pros: Conveniently located to Gaylord Opryland for conference attendees, quiet, many restaurants close by, easy to get to off the highway.

Cons: Some service issues, cleanliness, temperature.

The common areas in this hotel were warm and humid, and it did take some time to cool down the room (and it was still humid). It was a warm time of year, but other Courtyards I've visted in even warmer areas have not had this issue. When I arrived at my room and began unpacking I immediately noted debris on the floor and bug (dead) easily visible in the closet. I'm phobic, and this did not sit well with me. I reported the issue and a staff member visited my room to take care of the offending insect and dirt, and offered to move me to another room. I stayed. I later discovered debris on the carpet in other areas of the room, and I don't think my room was vacuumed at all during my three night stay. The iron leaked- a lot. The hair dryer turned on, didn't blow, and began to smoke heavily. I called the front desk to report it. When I said, 'Hi, I just turned on my hair dryer, and it started to smoke" the response I got was "Press the reset button." I had to ask if they could swap it out for a new one. I was disappointed in my stay here, and I wouldn't stay here again or recommend this property to others. I found myself wishing I had made another choice for lodging.

Room Tip: Request to be away from the elevators/ice machine. The ice machine is very loud.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ScrapKAT
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
ScrapKAT- we at the Courtyard at Opryland appreciate your feedback and apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. We strive to make our guests' experience the best possible and are sorry that we did not make this happen for you during this stay. All of the points you noted have been reported and have been addressed- if you would like to call our hotel directly at 615-882-9133 we would be happy to speak to you in person concerning these matters. The Courtyard at Opryland was in the highest percentage on our last quality inspection earlier this year, and we constantly strive to work to keep this high ranking. Thanks again and best wishes!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2012

(we rented a standard room 2 queen beds)

Pros: I found it to be a good location, clean hotel, clean room, the staff was friendly and very helpful, the beds were comfortable.

Cons: I found the price to be too high for what little I received, no fridge or microwave in my room, the ice machine wasn't even that close to my room, but it was VERY loud - I heard it all night, it even woke me up at one point. No vending machines (from what I saw) and no continental breakfast. I have paid a good bit less at other hotels and I had all of the above. So I wasn't just super impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
red2010_10 - thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your positive feedback on our location, cleanliness, staff and the comfort of our beds!

We apologize that the ice machine was noisy and we do hope that you reported this to our front desk so our maintenance staff could address the problem. We do have microwaves and refrigerators available on a request basis, if you are back at our property. As far as breakfast, our hotel is one of the newly-designed Courtyards that features "The Bistro", our cafe that features healthy choices, a variety of breakfast and dinner options (cooked to order), Starbucks beverages and a full bar in the evening.

Thanks again for your feedback and we do appreciate you staying at the Courtyard at Opryland!
Frankfort, IL
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a great hotel if you need to be downtown and don't want to pay the prices for staying downtown. This is a great location and easy to navigate to downtown. It takes about 15 minutes to get downtown. This is also a great deal if you are going to the annual CMA Music Festival in early June. There is a shuttle option if you don't want to drive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends