“Wasn't my favorite”

Ranked #78 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Wasn't my favorite”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

(we rented a standard room 2 queen beds)

Pros: I found it to be a good location, clean hotel, clean room, the staff was friendly and very helpful, the beds were comfortable.

Cons: I found the price to be too high for what little I received, no fridge or microwave in my room, the ice machine wasn't even that close to my room, but it was VERY loud - I heard it all night, it even woke me up at one point. No vending machines (from what I saw) and no continental breakfast. I have paid a good bit less at other hotels and I had all of the above. So I wasn't just super impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
red2010_10 - thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your positive feedback on our location, cleanliness, staff and the comfort of our beds!

We apologize that the ice machine was noisy and we do hope that you reported this to our front desk so our maintenance staff could address the problem. We do have microwaves and refrigerators available on a request basis, if you are back at our property. As far as breakfast, our hotel is one of the newly-designed Courtyards that features "The Bistro", our cafe that features healthy choices, a variety of breakfast and dinner options (cooked to order), Starbucks beverages and a full bar in the evening.

Thanks again for your feedback and we do appreciate you staying at the Courtyard at Opryland!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Frankfort, IL
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a great hotel if you need to be downtown and don't want to pay the prices for staying downtown. This is a great location and easy to navigate to downtown. It takes about 15 minutes to get downtown. This is also a great deal if you are going to the annual CMA Music Festival in early June. There is a shuttle option if you don't want to drive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fronglay79
Cleveland
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great location and a comfortable place to stay while visiting Nashville.
Our family stayed here for four days while visiting Nashville. Front desk staff
was very helpful and knowledgeable about areas attractions and directions.
Room was large, comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great location.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NoreenSH
Midwest
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed at Courtyard for a family vacation/shopping trip in early April. I might have given this property three stars if it wasn't so overpriced - but for such a poor value and such an average hotel, I gave it two stars. Originally I booked a Hilton Garden Inn for $50 less per night but decided to change to the Courtyard to be closer to the infamous Opry MIlls shopping center. Mistake - Every Garden Inn I've stayed has been better than this Courtyard.

No major issues with this hotel - it just was not worth $169+taxes/night. Positives: 1) the rooms and lobby have been recently renovated. 2) staff friendly/helpful. Negatives: 1) giant speed bump entering the parking lot. Is this REALLY necessary? 2) They charge for breakfast at the lobby counter - just another way for them to boost the costs. We had breakfast here one day- they actually lost our order and the food was average, no better than the free buffets you get at any Hampton or Drury Inn. My "mocha" was nothing but black coffee - of course for $4. Save your money and go the nearby McDonalds. 3) The toilet seat is too short for the toilet. Small thing - yes, but it says something about the way they maintain the facility. 4) The hot tub was not open while we were there.

In summary, I don't think this hotel is worth the extra they charge for the supposedly great location - which actually isn't that great because to get to Opry Mills you have to get on Briley anyway, so why not just save $50/night and stay a bit farther away?

Anyone who would rate this property higher than three stars (as some reviewers have done) leaves me scratching my head.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
The Ville - Arkansas
Reviewed October 4, 2011

No matter what time of day or night it was the front desk staff were a pleasure to work with. Our room was spacious & perfect with a private deck.The lobby served Starbucks. The beds were comfy and provided a cozy night's sleep. I did not pay full price for this hotel(priceline) but I would I find myself in Nashville again. What a great stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a deck.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AMCIVER
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was my first stay here and was here for 5 nights. Looked like a new hotel to me. They have shuttle services from and to the hotel and if you inform them erly they will be even take you to Opryland for free. The breakfast was decent and complimentary. The King bed was really cool. There is a Thai and a few other restaurants that you can walk to. McD , Cracker Barrel and a pizza place is also around the corner. My office was just behind the hotel , it was a 5 min walk from the hotel which made my life all the more merrier. The Gray Line Nashville tours is also around the corner that you can walk to. Took a bus to the casino and it was fun , all for 8$. Also went for a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery which was amazing. The pool was under maintenance and they said I can use the pool in one of their partner hotels but Didn't have time to check out the pool or gym.It was a nice stay over all.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank toms_m2
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The staff were great, very friendly all the way from Eric the shuttle driver to the front desk, and bistro associates. The property is tucked up against a small wooded area on a hill, very little traffic noise. The rooms are well furnished, small, and a few items needed attention such as my closet door. They have a small bistro in the lobby which serves coffee, breakfast, sandwiches, beer, wine, mixed drinks. Places to get a good meal are limited so the bistro comes in handy. The shuttle is a good value at $10.00 this is roundtrip and covers daily trips to the Gaylord!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business