Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
West End Lodge(Nashville)
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscourtyard marriottfront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicehattie b's hot chickenmarriott standardsparking garagemile radiusrooftop poolwithin milesclose to downtownlive musicgirls tripcma festthe entire staffcentennial parkconvenient location
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We staied in this hotel for 2 nights (August 9,10), it was quite nice.
We had troubles in communicating with Italy, and Mrs. Monica Esmonde helped us to solve such problems. She was really very kind and we wish to thank her again.
Angela and Marco (Italy)

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngelaGuidetti
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I must say that this hotel has always been extremely accommodating during our stays over the past 7 years. We choose to stay here as a first choice. The updates since the renovations are fantastic. location for us during the Country Music Festival is ideal. We park the car and never have to use it in the five days we stay. The shuttle does a great job. The staff and especially the management are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dogs513
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We just got here today to move my daughter back in to school. I've stayed at many local area hotels and this by far is my least favorite. Not only did I have to walk thru the side entrance through the restaurant bar area to get to the front desk to check in (hotel exterior was being painted) I had to remove the luggage from my trunk while the curbside associate sat in my car and waited! Room did not have the extra towels and pillows I had requested ahead of time AND had dirty glasses. They actually were used and one could see they were wiped down and put back. Gross. Opened the pullout and quickly closed it as there was not a mattress cover on it, but it did have hair. Super gross! Won't be back here again. Bummer. Courtyard Marriotts are usually a great stay. Not this one.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank bgerdes13
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your time to share your recent experience with us. I’m sad to hear that we have failed to deliver the service expected. We will address the cleanliness issues and the staff service you have received from the valet team. We have a great history of receiving positive feedback about our valet team. I will be sure to address with both teams your concerns in order to avoid such a service failures from happening again.
I’m sorry that the entrance painting has caused an inconvenience, as our intentions were only to continue improvements in order to keep our product up to date and maintained.
We wish to regain your confidence; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel in the event you decide to return in order to show you the hospitality and service we are proud of.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I should preface this by saying that I typically stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and was supposed to stay at Lowes for a conference, but they were sold out so I booked here, even though it was more expensive and much more of a road-warrior hotel that probably expects less. (Nashville hotels are incredibly expensive now!)

I should've realized when I walked into my room and saw the ear plugs, that I wasn't going to get a good night's sleep. Sure enough, the restaurant that I could see from my room played live music at night and it was loud. Clearly this isn't the hotel's fault and they're doing what they can with the ear plugs, but keep it in mind before you book...

The good: Gary, who checked me in, was great. Amazingly warm and friendly. The valets were also very friendly. Also liked the Paul Mitchell amenities.

The bad: Noise from outside, gross stain on bedding

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from live music as possible. I was on 5th floor and it was terrible.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank miwohl
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

We appreciate your review. As Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities the rates did increase year over year significantly, which we do understand it can be a great surprise to our travelers.
My apologies for the linen cleanliness you have encountered, I will be sure to address this with our housekeeping team to make sure it will not happen again.
I appreciate your feedback on the kind words about Gary and the Valet team, will be sure to recognize them.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel and room was nice and clean which is a good first start. The location is fantastic if you have a car, it isn't far from all the tourist stuff, but their are good restaurants and things right around it too.The parking could be a little rough if you get back later in the day. There was no concierge or real restaurant either, but we walked to the beautiful Hutton hotel across the street and got those things there. BTW the Row next door has good Breakfast. On a Friday night it got quite loud from the bar across the street from evening till about 3 or 4 AM. That was our biggest complaint. On our second trip there we asked for a quieter room, and we got one on the other side of the hotel and that helped a lot. The pool was also pretty nice, but their were several bachelor and bachelorette groups that hung out there drinking. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout the stay also.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank katherine n
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt. I’m sorry to hear that the music kept you awake from the nearby music venues on your first trip but I’m glad we were able to keep you away from it on your second trip. I also want to thank you for recognizing the staff being helpful, I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope that you will choose us again, and please feel free to request a room location as we are happy to accommodate special requests to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Kind Regards