“Excellent Customer Service”

Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
Ranked #53 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were in Nashville for the 4th of July. I highly recommend if you are in the area to attend the fireworks display. It was phenomenal! The hotel staff was extremely pleasant when answering my husband's 100 questions. Never rolled their eyes or sounded nasty. The shuttle dropped us near the festivities and took us back to the hotel afterwards. It was quite nice.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and deliver the Marriott expectations. One patron said they are noisy. Yes, we listened to a band in the near by restaurant, even opened our window to hear them better, after we got back to our room but it was a good band and not obnoxious. We enjoyed it. We could not hear anyone else in the hallways or in the room next to us though.

We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: If you want a room with less noise, ask for a room in Tower 2 facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nneworleans

Reviewed July 1, 2014

As we were checking out this morning, another guest returned to the hotel with donuts for the hotel staff as a simply gesture to express her appreciation for the fine service she had received. I think that speaks volumes about the quality of the staff; everyone we encountered was committed to their company's motto: "whatever it takes."

This hotel is in a great location, offers a free shuttle in the downtown area, has Starbucks, a simple bar, and offers a basic food menu in the cafe. I prefer this business model to the "free breakfast" many other hotels provide. The free internet also worked fine.

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and the place was very busy; I was worried it would be noisy, but that was not an issue. It was quiet all three nights we stayed here.

A couple of things could have been better. The air conditioning was either really cold or too warm; we regularly had to adjust it during the day. The television was inadequate. I think they stream the signal over the wifi (?); whatever they are doing it is not working. The room was smallest although we did have a small sofa which was appreciated.

Would I return to this hotel. Absolutely, but I would insist on a better TV!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel itself is a little tired but well worth the price paid. What stands out here is the high level of service provided by its employees from Lisa at the front desk to the maids and maintenance staff. Marriott should use this hotel as a model for its customer service training ... outstanding! The hotel is a little more than walking distance to downtown but the free hotel shuttle will get you there in minutes! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arubasun00
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Upon checking into the hotel we were warmly greeted by the staff! Our room was a king suite. Very large and decorated nicely. The problem was that the walls are apparently very thin as we could hear people in the rooms around especially in the bathrooms. This hotel is in the Vanderbilt
area and their are bars surrounding it. One of the bars had a rock band playing and it was almost like they were in our room. This was on a Wednesday night and went on until 12:00 am. Not the hotels fault but would not stay in the location again!!

1  Thank suegirlnc
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory. Some of our guests will chose our hotel due to the close proximity to live venues; however we understand that this may not be the most desirable atmosphere for all of our guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again and for your future reference you can request a room in the tower that is not facing the street where the music is coming from.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Liked the location - close to downtown, The Gulch and Vanderbilt. Property is clean and well maintained - typical for a Courtyard. Layout is a little odd - two towers connected by an enclosed walkway so you have to pay attention to which elevator bank to use. We were in the back tower which was convenient since we had direct access to the parking garage via the back tower elevators. Staff was friendly. They do offer valet parking which is unique for most Courtyards.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DineOutOften10
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here at the West End Courtyard this past weekend for a business conference. I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, so I have come to know the brand well.

The rooms, lobby, bistro and business center are fairly standard for a Courtyard - clean and comfortable. There was not a lot of noise from inside or outside the hotel. The only thing keeping me from a 5-star rating was the elevator was really SLOW which could be frustrating when you're meeting customers or trying to catch the shuttle. Leave time for waiting!

The staff is what makes this hotel special. Everyone was friendly and eager to assist in any way. Our shuttle driver, Coach Bubba, was an absolute highlight and offered up suggestions for things to do and see. The desk staff was incredibly helpful as well....hailing cabs....calling restaurants....we wanted for nothing. I wish I could mention everyone by name.

I hope to come back to Nashville for fun in the near future and I'l be staying right here again.
Thanks y'all!

Room Tip: lower floor if you don't want to deal with the elevator wait....
2  Thank dmbfanNewYork
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Thanks y'all!

Room Tip: lower floor if you don't want to wait for the slow elevator
1  Thank dmbfanNewYork