“Awesome location, good rooms”

Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
Ranked #44 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Miami, Florida
“Awesome location, good rooms”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for my first time in Nashville, and I would stay here again. The hotel is very conveniently located. It is walking distance to a variety of restaurants, bars and Vanderbilt. Also staff was very friendly, and the rooms were comfortable enough for the price i payed. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for average comfort, awesome location at a normal price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End hotel in Nashville while Summer NAMM was in town. The room was very average, small with 1 King and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable (as far as sofa beds go).

The sink was outside of the bathroom, but was very small. The tub drain didn't work so well so I was standing in water for the 2nd half of my shower.

The fitness center and pool were nice, though small.

The lounge area was very popular later at night, with a young crowd.

The hotel is within walking distance of a couple of nice (low key) restaurants, which is a plus.

I would possibly stay here again, though it would really depend on the rate I could get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is definitely not the nicest Courtyard I have stayed at.

PROS
Nice lobby
Friendly/helpful staff
Good location

CONS
Rooms are small and a big dated. Bathroom sink has virtually zero counter space
Towels are terribly thin and small.
Rooms felt run down.

• Stayed August 2013
ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice rooms. Balcony overlooking city. Great service. Shuttle takes you everywhere. For the price its worth it. There is so much in this area that can take up a day. Make sure you go to winners or losers behind the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thunderous
DOSJohnston, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Many people only think of the well known downtown district of Nashville for places to go and don't realize that some of the best places to get a true feel of the city is in the midtown area. We are the best of both - as the complimentary shuttle can get take you to experience downtown and midtown is in walking distance. There is so much to do and see that it usually takes a few visits to get it all in. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit us again in the near future.
New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here earlier this week while visiting colleges for our daughter. We are a family of four so we had a king bed and sofa bed. When the sofa was opened the room was definitely tight for 4 people, probably so for more than 2. However, there was good wireless, the location was very convenient and the staff was very accommodating. Their shuttle will drop you and pick you up if you want to go downtown at no charge. Staff was overall very friendly and responsive. We would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at several Courtyard Marriott hotels mostly for business. One of the things that I have noticed is that when they upgrade the older hotels they put a thermostat in the room to run the window HVAC. Quite often it seems that this thermostat is not doing its job. I mentioned this to the hotel manager. He had an engineer in our room and had the problem fixed in record time. Of course we all want perfect stays in which everything flows seamless but the effectiveness of a hotel staff truly shines when confronting problems. We were in Nashville to house hunt as I recently accepted a position in the area. We were constantly putting the valet through the paces as we were using the hotel room as our wifi base of operations finding properties on line, scheduling appointments and running out to view properties. They always seemed eager to help. The water pressure was great. The bed was comfortable. I used the fitness room every morning and found it adequate for my needs. It was nice to have dumbbells as I don't do well with the usual pulley weight "system" that you find in hotels. My only complaint is that when I finally had some free time to go swimming the pool needed skimming as there were a few too many dead bugs floating in the water for my taste. I know the staff would have taken care of it quick if I had mentioned it but it was a quick impulse. The location is great as there are a multitude of restaurants for every taste.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend and I had tried to organize a girl's weekend to Nashville. In the end only two of us were going, with hotels downtown being quite costly we opted for the Marriott Courtyard West End. The hotel is your typical hotel: it is clean, the bed is comfy BUT the location is fantastic. The free shuttle will take you anywhere within a three mile radius - this includes downtown, pancake pantry, and Belmont University. On our first night there we heard music while standing on our balcony. It turns out that there are a ton of bars one block behind the hotel on Division street (Winners, Losers, Rebar, Red Door, Tavern which has a great Sunday brunch and a few others). All were just the right amount of crowded on a Friday night, with these bars being where the locals go. Losers was our favorite with a decent cover band. On the first morning of our trip we took a run which looped past the Parthenon and Vanderbilt to the Pancake Pantry. At 8:30 am the line was not too band, about 20 minutes but there is free coffee and water while you wait. The sweet potato pancakes were well worth the wait, the Caribbean were yummy too but the sweet potato are different than anything I have had before with cinnamon syrup. The pantry is a mile from the hotel and a nice walk if you are up to it. We walked the next day to Jackson's, which is across the street from the pantry. The town of Hillsboro has a few unique shops with clothing and jewelry which are a steal compared to New York boutique prices. Our trip included other touristy adventures like the Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame, Belle Meade Plantation, RCA Studio B - we purchased the All Access Pass, a huge savings. If you plan on going to the Grand Ole Opry the cab ride is about $30. The west end is outside the triangle $25 flat rate and you must pay metered fare. Highlights of the trip included the Pedal Tavern and Belmont University (saw on yelp that it was free to get in on the Sunday we were there, usually $10). The grounds are breath taking. All in all I would suggest the West End to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends