Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
Ranked #51 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location, great bar with nice food choices. Happy hour! Shuttle is great but to go to Nordstrom is "just" outside 3 mile. Really?? Nice pool, gym. Nice rooms. But, to get pillows and blanket took three phone calls and two hours. Shower drain backed up. So I give this an 8 out of 10 rating. We'd come back. Also, the room was paid for by work, so I can't complain about price or value.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am a big Marriott fan, but this Courtyard, in my opinion, is just average. I am a platinum member and always try to stay in Marriotts b/c they have the best customer service but this one was lacking. Everything was just okay. It is a very busy hotel and there was always a wait at the front desk for anything. Something was up with the plumbing as there was a constant pump turning on and off that I could hear. The coffee shop doesn't open until 6:30 AM which seems late to me and the hours were not posted so it was unclear if it was open or if someone just wasn't there. If this were any other hotel chain, I wouldn't even bother to review but my expectations for Marrriotts are greater due to the outstanding service they continue to give. If you are not a frequent traveler or do not stay in Marriotts often - you may not notice what I found missing.

Room Tip: 2nd tower has pool and fitness
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed there on a over-night trip to The Music City. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to some really good restaurants. When you enter the lobby it looks awesome, new, clean, and modern. The rooms and corridors and layouts are obviously and older design, but they have had a great make-over. The bed slept great and the room was comfortable. The only problems were: on arrival the commode overflowed on the first flush and the A/C's compressor sounded like a lawn mower during the daylight hours and a Boeing 747 at 2 am. The front desk quickly repaired our bathroom while we were at supper and this type of A/C always seem too loud at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of West End Ave
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for 4 nights while attending a work conference at Vanderbilt University. I was very pleased with this room. Prices were a little high compared to where I come from, but worth the price.
Location is excellent! You are within 3 miles of everything; Broadway, Centennial Park, Music Row, Downtown. Lots of restaurants and entertainment very close by.
The lobby is very pleasing, and I had great service all 4 days I attended with everyone that I encountered. The held my bags for me, called a taxi service, and there is a shuttle that will take you within 3 miles of the hotel.
I did not require housekeeping services during my stay because I was alone. The rooms are great, my a/c kept the room cool despite the humidity, bed was comfortable, the room was clean and well decorated with a mini fridge, and a flat screen TV.
Only complaint I have is the water in the shower was a little spotty. The temperature didn't stay consistent but during my stay they announced that they were having plumbing repairs and so I figured they were going to be fixing that problem.
I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here based on price and distance in relation to touristy things we wanted to do. The shuttle was great, the staff helped us at all times... It is renovated but still a bit dated. They have a nice bistro/starbucks, but it's only open from 6-11AM which was really not convenient.

-Book in advance, do not wait.
-Parking is $22 per day
-Ask for a room with a balcony
-Ask for extra towels, and pillows
-Use the shuttle, but be prepared to wait 15minutes for it

Overall I would recommend this as a quick stay, and you get what you pay, but good place!

Room Tip: We stayed in tower 2, 6th floor was ok but we were right next to the staff break room which was nois...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

In Nashville for my daughter's Belmont orientation and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Vancy for the second time (our last stay was in 2009). As others have pointed out, the hotel was recently rennovated at it looks great. Also thought the service from the front desk, the Bistro, to all staff members I interacted with was outstanding. Great location (midtown -between downtown and far West End, and an unusually nice pool for a Courtyard. There are a number of restaurants and bars with live music within a short 2 block walk. Prices in the Bistro are geared towards business folks however, so it can be pricey to eat and have drinks there. I expect to pay $10 for a glass wine at J. Alexanders but not a Courtyard. One warning about the Nashville Vandy Marriotts in (both the Courtyard and full service on West End), you need to book far in advance due school and city events and be prepared for greatly fluxuating room rates, much more so than other Nashville Marriott Hotels. Was looking to book the Courtyard Vandy for the Belmont Parent weekend the last week of September and the hotel rate for a King Bed in $299 vs. the $189 rate I paid for 2 Queens this past week. Location, Location, Location. I've stayed at Courtyard's all over the county, and for the reasons stated, I put this one at the top of the list.

Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank huricanejim
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This property just completed a renovation and it is the nicest Courtyard I have been to so far and I have been to TONS of Courtyards around the country.
They have a small restaurant and serve Starbucks products.
The staff is very helpful.
There is a charge for parking, but it's in a city so that is to be expected. There are no safes in the room, so that is a negative.
The location offers lots of nearby restaurants and bars. They also have a free shuttle. I would definitely return the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family