Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.
Ranked #139 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas City
“WORST PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Well checked in... asked for ground flr... got 3rd. the beds were hard, somewhat clean, bad part of town, roaches crawling on walls, dont go out at nite or carry a gun with you. pillows... what pillows, yes close to airport and go into the back way but for another 20.00 you can stay at better place that the office is open all nite long along with coffee and breakfast.. dont go here.... be warned..

Room Tip: go with brand name or a place where you have stayed before
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank krue123
Allen M, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy., responded to this review, March 27, 2013
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burns, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2012

agree this place is so bad, the ad on the internet SO MISLEADING. And should say this place is not a safe and secure. The health dept.is not doing their job here.OMG the smoke drinched, nasty dirty room, old worn out beds,I could go on and on.. And the party above all night. Arrived a 1:30 a.m. after flying cross county for a 2 week stay in music city. Checked out at 6:00 a.m. The gal at the resturant told us all the hotels in this area have a FLEA problem... Found a place away from this area, that I well go back to again..sure was a wake up call for me..not to take all that is on the internet for the truth..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Margaret R
mzubair, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy., responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Do not stay here! There are so many problems to share but i will list just a few.
-smell of smoke is unbearable and very present in nom smoking rooms
- staff is not helpful! We dealt with 4 workers and only 1 of the 4 was respectful and helpful. Plus 1 didn't even speak English!
- FLEA INFESTED BED!!!!! You pull up the sheets and you can see fleas hopping around! My body is covered in red bites!
- overcharging the credit card bill. They did this to us twice!
-Internet signal is lost every few minutes

There's more to say, but I just advise people to NOT book this place. I've emailed management and tried talking to staff to deal with the aforementioned issues but there's been no help! This is the worst place I've ever stayed at and should be shut down! Health control needs to come and test this hotel! They would surely be put out of business!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Chicalacerta
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s General Manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 12, 2012

It costs me a over a thousand dollars a month to stay here at Crosslands in the smallest room. There is maybe 120 rooms total, meaning a revenue of about 50,000 to 100,000 dollars a month. That's a lot of money for any business to generate. SO, why in the world can the residents have towels? Everyday I go to the office to get towels and it's the same thing, we don't have anything and we are going to wash some now. I come back at the said time to get towels and they still haven't been washed. We are paying for two people in the room but we only receive enough towels for one person. Depending upon who is standing in the office determines how many towels you get, amazing. If i had a business making that kind of money, it would only encourage me to keep some towels in stock.
The staff is very friendly, so friendly they curse someone out every week. I have been told by the young guy working here that he HAS to cuss somebody out every week.
The internet is as slow as possible and there are no channels on tv. especially for kids. They refuse to enforce the rules about people walking their big dogs out in front of everyone's door, leaving dog crap and puddles of urine in the walk way to our cars. I have made several complaints and absolutely nothing has been done. I have had to start telling people myself to not let their animals use the bathroom right in front of peoples door.
On top of the money they make from rooms being rented out, this place seems to look to maximize profits even more by reducing the parking spaces by allowing tree service companies to park every single one of there service trucks in the biggest section of the parking lot. Because of this, all the cars just seem to park behind my car along the side causing me to back out of my parking space as if I am parallel parking. I have also been told by staff, "if it was my car I would just back right up into them, they will learn." Sounds real professional. A few weeks ago I witnessed my first drug bust by some undercover police right outside my door. I have called the office to report crackheads knocking on my door 2 in the morning and was laughed at by staff. Prostitutes stay walking around the area trying to talk to me and cursing me out when i slam the door in their face. One prostitute had the nerve to knock on my door after walking past me. She asked the same prostitute question, "do you know where the office is?" After pointing to the obvious area, I walked back inside and guess who comes knocking late at night? Yes, the crossland prostitute.
I have more to say, but this should be enough for anyone making their choice. In-Town suites is much better and they have more to offer, like a bath tub and all the channels on television, plus a couch. This place is NOTHING I swear to it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank james g
dgraff
Reviewed October 13, 2011

With the exception of the room size this was a good place to stay. I don't mind the reduced service of the extended stay hotels. When you spend close to 200 nights a year on the road you stay in all kinds of places some more willing to work with some of the problems that happen. This one worked with all sorts of problems over the 4 months I was there

Room Tip: Stay in the back if it is a weekend. there is a honky tonk at the bottom of the hill
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dgraff
Whitewater, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had planned to stay for one week at this hotel. We arrived and noticed a few things that were huge red flags. We left one hour after we checked in.

First, the surrounding area is very run down. The liquour store, next door, has bars on the windows and is very run down. There is a big fence around the hotel, so you can't see what is on the other side. There is people "living" there. Not staying for a visit, but dead plants in windows, animals, a broken down car and other things...living there. Second, one younger man kinda "lingered" around while we took our suitcases in. He then was on the 2 floor as we left our room. I am not sure he followed us, but it felt very uneasy. Third, We made a second trip bringing suitcases in and some guy comes out of a room and yells. It made me jump and he laughed. I turned around and he was only a few doors away from us! He laughed and said something we couldn't understand. Forth, there are signs EVERYWHERE, bright yellow triangles that said don't leave anything in your car, we are not responsible for thief or valdanlizism.

Let me say that the room itself wasn't horrible. It smelled like cigarette smoke, but it was clean. There was cigarette burns by the air conditioner/heat unit. and the TV had a "melted" spot on the top. Other than that, it was clean and stocked with what they said they would have.

I would not recommend this hotel due to the fact of the way we "felt". It wasn't a badly cleaned hotel, but the area and people made me and my traveling companion very uncomfortable.

We ended up checking out and finding a different hotel on the other side of town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank frugalmommie22
Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during the week for around 8 weeks as I was transitioning from moving from Louisville.There's nothing special, but the price cannot be beat. I used Priceline's name your own price for area hotels every week and found the lowest price to be $23 per night. You can't specifically tell it to use the Crossland, but if you put $23 per night in that area, it will be Crossland everytime (8 straight weeks for me back in early 2010).

Certain rooms were better than others, but no room was horrible. Wifi was spotty in certain rooms.

FYI, bring your own shampoo and dish soap. I stopped using the supplied dishes after the first week. Before checking out, you are supposed to clean the dishes. However, no dish soap was provided. I tried bar soap to no avail. Needless to say, I'm sure I'm not the only one who left dirty dishes... and no telling whether or not the staff cleaned them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business