“All good, but sleeping”

Super 8 Nashville/ Dntn/ Opryland Area
Ranked #123 of 155 Hotels in Nashville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Decatur, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked this room on Hotels.com thinking that it would be a great place to stay after looking at the pictures. Someone LIED!!! Walked into the lobby and it stank from God knows what. Went upstairs to our rooms (402 and 405) one room looked great, no odors, light staining on the carpet. Went into the other room and it was half the size of the other room, reeked to high Heaven. The cabinets were broken and barely standing, fridge didnt work, and as I'm sitting here typing this I have roaches crawling across the desk and my laptop. I wish I hadn't prepaid or we would be elsewhere. I will NEVER stay here again or recommend it anyone else to either. Site wouldn't let me upload pics off my iphone :(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We checked in and lady tried to charge me again, despite room being prepaid. This issue is still not resolved, as I have to wait 10 days to see if she did double charge us.
Got room 412 on top floor, we joked about having the penthouse. Drughouse was more like it. Fridge had been dismantled. Carpet was wet, what appeared to be fresh blood on towel and old blood stains on bathroom walls and shower. Outlets hanging out of wall. Hair all over bathroom.
When I called up front the lady said couldn't help, she was the only one there. Did offer another room, but after the credit card problem and her lack of knowledge on everything else we were afraid of getting a worse room. She admitted she had never seen any of the rooms. It was her second day. Good to know she had time for her boyfriend who was hanging out in the lobby looking creepy.
Put us in such a bad mood we didn't go out that night (partly afraid we would be robbed while gone) or do anything in town the next morning, we just wanted to get far away.
Front desk was not manned at 8am, note on window to ring bell. Too bad lady night before couldn't do that and come see our room. The man in the morning was useless as well. He did not care, said lady left a note about my credit card problem, but not room issues. Even though I watched her write it all down when she gave me the wrong manual for me to fix me remote.
Breakfast room had ants on counter.
No coffeemaker in room as promised, not that I would use it due to clear electrical issues. Microwave didn't work and clearly neither did the fridge since the door had been removed and was laying next to it. It was all rusty at bottom as well.
Lightshades for sconces were just laying over lights. Not my job to assemble them.
Brown drip stains on walls looks like a meth lab. Halls and elevators had stained carpet, walls, drips of various colors on walls of those.
A few other guests cut their stay short hotel was so bad. We almost drove the 6hr trip straight home, but weighed falling asleep driving vs. the disgusting room. We took turns sleeping afraid of fire hazards in room.
To sum it up, I contacted their corporate office from my room it was so bad. Had to email as they don't have anyone to talk to at 800#. Have yet to hear back.
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, this was the worst ever.
Staff was useless and did not care AT ALL. As in didn't even acknowledge my concerns, or other guest's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We prebooked and pre-paid for the rooms - They were filthy, old and rundown. We had a group of 5 rooms - they were all horrible. The front desk is not manned at all times and even ringing the bell did not help - There is MOLD in this place and it looks like it has not be cleaned in years. Our room was not serviced except they took the towels, when I reported it by walking to the front desk they gave me a frew towels no offer to clean. Got a survey and we answered it back and all got the same form letter. Super 8 should be ashamed to have their name on this property.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mt. Vernon, IL
Reviewed August 25, 2012

i was looking for a hotel for one night. I found this super 8 and from the pics online it looked alright, but don't believe everything that they post online.First it was not in a good part of town. The outside looked alright but when you walk in to the hallway and up to the room it all changed.. the room was small, smelled like smoke( we were in a non smoking room) the bathroom ceiling had paint pealing .The room had no towels and the bar on the tub for handicap people was missing. The sink would not turn off, the air did not work and it had a musty smell and the refrigerator had rust inside.. did not stay but for 10min asked for a refund and they told me they would give us another room but i wanted to get out of there... They charged us $10.00 for the 10min we stayed there... BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: pay the extra $40.00 and stay somewhere else. go a few exists north for a better hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked this hotel looking for a cheap place to stay while in Nashville for a concert and the photos of this hotel on the travel site look great, right? They were obviously of another branch or taken 20 years ago. We literally walked in and then right back out! The halls and lobby stink and are dingy with stained carpets that are peeling off of the floors. The room was tiny, unbearably hot and smelled like mildew - The carpets were disgusting and wrinkled, the one chair in the room had brown skid-marks on the seat, everything had a brown/yellow film of filth, and the bed was filthy with crust that was suspicious of bed bugs. We didn't even look in the bathroom or set our stuff down anywhere; We just turned around and checked back out. The owners were clearly angry with us but at least the travel website gave us a full refund! This place should be condemned!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank HaloNIN
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My kids and I stayed there a couple of nights. The first night I just made sure the kids kept their shoes on so their feet didn't touch the nasty carpet. The next night I was glad because it rained and water (I use that term loosely as it was brown and gross) came through the cracks around the ac and it was all over the ground. It was disgusting and I was glad we were packing up to leave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com