“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #120 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Du Quoin
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited this hotel in past & are planning another stay there the end of July. It's affordable, not super fancy, but was clean w/ all that we needed. Looking forward to our trip...we'll be able to do more things because the hotel cost isn't a fortune!...& I'm looking fwd. to using the outdoor pool as well!

Room Tip: Always call ahead just to make sure room has the things you need. We stayed in "another"...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Milton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I just spent 6 days in this awful excuse for a hotel! I drive motorcoach for a living and this place was booked for me online by the group I took to Nashville. The lobby was a mess when I went to check in. I had a room on the second floor. 216 to be exact. The room has an ODOR. I couldn't identify what the smell was, but I wasn't going to try and guess either. I asked for another room. The clerk at the desk was rude and said they couldn't give me another room as I was staying for six days, and they didn't have another room available for the entire 6 day stay. I would have to change rooms almost daily. The elevator has a very strong odor. It was easier to take the stairs than bear the smell of the elevator. There was even an odd smell in the hallway. Even though you would hear the vacuum cleaner running in the hallway, the carpet was never clean. Scraps and bits of paper and other assorted debris. The carpets are in terrible condition, the sink in my room is falling off the wall. The microwave was on the mini-fridge when I got there, but the cord was so short it wouldn't reach the outlet so I put it on the nightstand. The temp was around 95 degrees every day of the trip, but I would not get in the pool. It was full of leaves and debris and had good lord only knows what swimming around in it. All kinds of stuff swimming around in there, it was like a pond. It is a shame that this place has been left to rot, because the location is great. Easy access to the highway, only 15 minutes from the Opry. Plenty of real good dining opportunities close by, several within a few minutes walk. Breafast was almost non-existant. Cold cereal and waffles. Better get up early, it's supposed the until 9am, but they have it all cleaned up and over before 9. I went down to check out at 8:45 and figured I would have a waffle before I left. Wrong, it was all cleaned up and done for the morning. Like I said earlier in this rant, I am a motorcoach operator. I spend almost as many nights in hotels as I do in my own home. I have travelled all over the country and have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels. Some are excellent, so not so good, but this is the first time I have ever felt that I had to write a review to warm others about a hotel. This place needs an owner who actually cares. If I was in charge of Super 8 hotels, I would take this owners franchise rights away. It is an embarassment to the name. I have stayed in many Super 8's over the years, and will stay in many more, but as for this one...NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Stay far away from this place.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We needed a hotel stop just to catch a few hours of sleep on our long drive from Wisconsin to Florida. We arrived near midnight with our two children and we were exhausted - that is the ONLY reason we did not walk right back out the door! Perhaps we should've been concerned by the fact that the front desk clerk was behind what appeared to be bullet-proof glass. The front desk clerk was unfriendly and rude right from the start. There was confusion over us booking a smoking vs non-smoking room and rather than trying to work it out in a professional and kind manner, the clerk immediately got angry and basically told us to leave if we didn't like it. We are non-smokers and would not choose to stay in a smoking room but it was very late and we truly needed a break from driving. When I inquired as to how smokey the room would be, she informed us that we could check it out for ourselves but if we opened the door then we would be charged no matter what. Again, total lack of professionalism and hospitality. As other reviewers have noted (and boy do I wish I had seen these reviews before our trip), the hallway and room carpets were FILTHY. There was garbage and debris in the hallway; the carpet was thick with dirt, spills, grime, etc. The hallway and hotel room reeked of smoke, but this may be normal in smoking rooms - we wouldn't know because we never stay in those. The actual room was so thick with smoke odors that it was difficult to breathe. We did not dare remove our shoes or clothing - I wanted as little of our skin as possible to touch the floor or bedding. Luckily we had our own pillows along so we slept fully-clothed on top of the beds. The bathroom sink HAD NO FAUCET - seriously, we had to twist a piece of broken metal to use the water. The toilet paper holder was detached from the wall and just barely balanced in place. In any other situation I would have complained immediately and demanded another room, but I knew from our initial interactions with the clerk that it would be in vain. We also just needed a few hours of rest and knew we would be leaving this horrible place in a matter of hours. This is by far the worst hotel experience my husband and I have ever had. We also feel terrible that our children witnessed the clerk's nastiness as they seem pretty shook up by the experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank R K
Dyersburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel through expedia for 4 days. When we arrived the hotel lobby was nice and clean, but a man was in the lobby screaming at someone on the phone, not a good sign on check in. We were on the 4th floor they have an elevator. My room was just a standard room not to clean but not dirty either. We had a hard time getting the air right we were either freezing or hot no happy medium. House keeping comes in early and takes all linens and don't come to clean rooms or bring new linens until very late in the evening about 6pm. Check in was a breeze. Breakfast was just about non existent. We had a bad mold ring around the tub wasn't very happy about that. It is close to the interstate and it sounds like it is running through your room. Lots of eating areas and felt to be a decent part of town, The 1st 2 days we stayed were good and quiet and the last 2 days were pure hell. They put people on both sides of us and they were fighting in halls yelling screaming. I wouldn't stay here again, unless it was my only option. Bed was very comfy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked this hotel through hotels.com and is by far THE worst hotel we have EVER stayed in. The carpets in the hall and in the room have not been swept in who knows when. The beds are disgusting! I feel Like words can't express how nasty this hotel is. I wish negative ratings were available because this doesn't even deserve the TERRIBLE rating. We will be contacting Super 8 and Hotels.com to inform them of this un acceptable condition.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ABH1804
Watervliet
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The rate was cheap and that is probably the best thing about this motel. The area looked iffy and the sign in the lobby saying they were not responsible for any damage to cars in the parking lot gave us doubts. The hallway carpet had not been cleaned or vacuumed in a while. We checked the room carefully after seeing the hall and it was clean. When we went into the room the tv was on??? The temp. control knob on the air conditioner was missing so we couldn't use it but decided we probably didn't need it. We decided to go eat before bringing anything in. Wise move, because when we came back we couldn't get into the room. After several minutes of trying we got the desk clerk and he couldn't get the door to open either. Put us in a differant room and it was ok. Not the worst motel we have stayed in but probably should have spent a few dollars more for a better place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple