“Walking jewelry salesmen on premises”

Sleep Inn Nashville
Ranked #80 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Columbus, Ohio
“Walking jewelry salesmen on premises”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed last Saturday night.The room was spacious and the bed appeared to be clean.The room had a bit of a funky smell.After we checked in we went outside to be greeted by an independent jewelry salesman who had about 20 necklaces.He"axed"us if we would be interested in purchasing and we said no.He was not persistent and we had a nice laugh.That is also when i realized this place has no security at all.Stay at your own risk.Would never stay there ever again.

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shiner00747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is a no frills hotel. LArge rooms but older hotel. Contenintal breakfast mean - toast, bagels or sweet rolls, mini muffins, cereal, yogurt, bananas, or apples, coffee tea and juices......The towels were rough and small - no bath tub just shower stall...Our son's king room had refrigerator and ergo desk chair - our king room right next store - had no refrigerator and plain flat desk chair. (There was no explanation of why the two rooms varied..) Only on table lamp and small sink area -. hidden pocket door separates the sink area from the toilet/shower room.Yuck

Walls are paper thin..We could hear people in next room talking and doors constantly slamming shut. Phone was dirty and definitely used. Ice only on first floor - not on other floors.Convineint off of I65 but really not worth it. Staff was very friendly and helpful but only one desk person on at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank partygirl18
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while in Nashville for a football game. The hotel was in a decent location, close enough to be downtown after a quick drive. The customer service and cleanliness of the hotel left much to be desired.

- The front desk staff failed to greet or acknowledge us any time we walked through the lobby. We didn't get so much as a smile.

- The front desk has a sign that "fresh eggs and sausage are available upon request." Why wouldn't you post that in the breakfast area or was the sign really suggesting that I could ask for an egg at the front desk and get it any time? It seemed clear that they didn't want guests to request hot breakfast items, so they didn't put the sign in the breakfast area.

- The tile in the room's bathroom was totally inappropriate for flooring (maybe it was wall tile?). It was totally slick (even when dry). We only had two full-size towels, and we had to use one as a bathmat (as our room didn't have one), so we had to go to the front desk to have enough towels for both of us to shower.

- Our non-smoking room smelled horrible - a mixture of smoke and cleaning products? We opened the window most of the time we were in the room, but because the windows had no screens, we would eventually close them for safety. Now that I'm home, everything I brought (including my suitcase) smells like that room.

- Leaving the room in the morning, we noticed that someone had dropped a handful of Cheetos in the hallway, and we watched the maid walk past the mess several times (three?) without stopping to pick up the chips. it showed a real lack of pride in the hotel or in her job.

- The elevator had the same muddy footprints on Sunday (when I checked out) as it did on Friday upon check-in. How often are the halls and elevators cleaned?

- On the plus side, the breakfast did offer fresh fruit and yogurt (instead of only carb items), so that was nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inkapaul
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived around 5 pm and no room was ready for us; the manager finally gave us a different one. As I walked down the hall towards it, there was still housekeeping staff cleaning rooms; the hallway had several housekeeping baskets in it. The carpet in the hallway is DISGUSTING and the room carpet wasn't much better. There was no smoke alarm in our room; just a loose wire hanging from the ceiling. The back door lock was missing. The next morning we found a hair in our bed, not ours. Gross gross gross. We chose not to eat the free breakfast; too afraid of cooties.

Husband liked the shower a lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CindySt_Louis_MO
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The reviews about stains on the carpets are true, but everything else is clean. Clean beds- no bugs- I care more about than carpet- I can wear shoes. Decent place for the price. Area is older and surrounding community seems lower from socioeconomic perspective- but not scary or dangerous. Trip with hubby and three year old- clean and very affordable.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Chandig
Madison
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel seems have undegone some recent upgrades, but they also appear to be cosmetic only. While it looked nice form a distance, there were a lot of issues closer up: stained carpet, heavy stench of smoke on second floor, missing door locks, doors and fire doors not closing all the way, and just a 'worn' appearance in general. But the rooms were nonetheless clean and the breakfast was good. The morning front desk person was much more personable. For the right price I would stay again if pasing through the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo
Apalachicola
Reviewed August 23, 2012

There was makeup on each pillow case, urine stains on the sheet and between the headboard and the mattress nothing but tons of hair and cracker crumbs. I have never been so disguisted in all my life, O wish I could post the photos.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Deniseburkett
Anish P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Nashville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your feedback as your opinion is important to us. I want to deeply apologize for the issues that you encountered while staying at our hotel. I have addressed the issues with my housekeeping manager and staff. I can assure you that this problem has been resolved and will not happen again. I take pride in making sure that our rooms are in tip top shape cleanliness wise. To hear that is wasn't disappointed me. I would like for you to give us another chance if you are ever in the area again to see the improvements and corrections we have made. Again, i truly am sorry for your recent experience with us.