“Beware: Weekend Breakfast now ends 30 minutes earlier than posted”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, GA
“Beware: Weekend Breakfast now ends 30 minutes earlier than posted”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

One of the primary reasons for choosingt this hotel was that they have good breakfasts at Embassy Suites. They have signage all over the hotel, as well as printed materials in each room, that indicate to eat before 8:00 on weekends. They also have signage showing that breakfast goes until 10:30. So that we could avoid the crowds we waited until 10:15 to go to eat, but only a few weeks ago they changed the end time to 10:00. The only place this is indicated is on a LCD screen at the front desk (which does not show it all the time), or by asking the staff. Nobody told us of this change when we checked in on Friday afternoon. The signage at the restaurant, as well as the guides in each room, all show 10:30 ending time. They need to have a much better way of notifying guests that breakfast ends earlier.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonHarrisAIA62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
memphis,tn
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Wow!! Ilove Embassy suites because of the Managers special, and made-to-order omelets. I stayed it this hotel last year and I do not remember it being this bad. This hotel has all the classic signs of being very old, outdated and needs some work. The manager was very good about the rude front desk help.

The hot tub had some jets out on the left side so there were only 2 jets working and the other side had no bubbles at all. The omelets were definetly not the style that I am used to when visiting a Embassy Suites. This hotel has only upgraded to flat screen televisons. The bathrooms are very small. More like a cramped feeling. I could not help but think the tile floor was dirty and always wore shoes in the bathroom. This hotel is worn out!!

Very disappointed in this hotel as Hilton carries a very good name. I will not be staying at this hotel again unless I get an email stating this hotel has been renovated.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank pagesinadiary
Lansing MI
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We got a great deal on the hotel.. but both the door to the bathroom and the door that separates the room had been torn off the hinges.. the bathroom door closed but the other door wouldn't. We brought it to the attention of the front desk, but nothing was ever done.

We also encountered cigarette ashes burned matches (in a n/s room) that were only partially cleaned up when we pulled back the curtains to expose them for the cleaning lady.

The room looked like it was ready for renovation. In contrast to the very nice E.S we just stayed in in Indy... this hotel was not up to what I'd expect from this chain.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank robLansing
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This typical Embassy Suites is in a nice area of town near the airport. The room layout is like most other "suite" arrangements. The manager's reception and breakfast were very good and the hotel was uncrowded on Monday and Tuesday nights. The airport noise did not bother us as we were on the side of the hotel opposite the runways. There were a couple of annoying maintenance issue (depicted in the photos), most notably flying and dead insects in the room near the window. We were disappointed that after our first night the housekeeping staff did not clean up the dead bugs or do anything about the obvious live bugs. We hope they have resolved this problem before booking this room for any other guests.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank PKPOWELL
Cincinnati
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We were so impressed when we walked in - fountain in the lobby, glass elevators...

But it went downhill from there. The 'suite' was nothing like I expected, basically a slightly longer hotel room with a wall in the middle. The carpet and furniture were old (I didn't want to sit on it) and the wallpaper was starting to peel off the walls. Our curtains were broken, and when we opened them, the window sill was wet and there were about 15 dead bugs. We found many stains on the towels, including major lipstick marks all over one wash cloth. The soap they give you is small and gross. Our phone was broken (you couldn't dial and it wouldn't ring). To had to slam the bathroom door to get it shut...

I don't need a fancy room, but I like my room to be clean - and this one wasn't. They did have a nice breakfast, but you often had to stand in line for 20-25 minutes to get it. They also had computers you could use, which was nice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank KatieXU
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We took a trip to Nashville to visit a sick relative. I have been to Nashville 4 times before and had good luck with every other hotel. I had my 2 year old son with me so really liked the pictures of large room, refrig & microwave. I read the reviews and should have believed some of them. This was not an accurately rated 3 star hotel. The atrium and lobby were very nice and maintained. If you sleep or do anything in the living room near the door, and the room is facing the atrium, there is a lot of noise that travels throughout the place. Kids running around and especially since there is an indoor pool (which is a nice feature if you don't mind a huge bunch of kids running around).

We returned to the room one evening and our bathroom light switch and fan did not work at all. I called the front desk 3 different times and got 3 different answers. I waited for a call back and never received one. They could not fix the lights that night so I called back and finally had to change rooms. I settled for a smoking room down the hall away from the atrium. That room was 10 times worse than the first one. A long list of things broken and dirty: the door handle was off, missing a table lamp, red punch stains on the carpet, cig burns in the coverlet on the bed, 2 different faucet handles, the wet bar sink drained very slow/clogged, the table was almost broken and loose, etc.

The hotel did compensate for these issues and having to move rooms. The managers at the Front Desk were friendly but communication seemed to be lacking. I had to repeat my story about 3 different times. The size of the rooms was great and the free breakfast was just ok, but free. We did not get to enjoy the manager's evening reception, but seemed like a nice feature. This hotel was probably really nice about 20 or so years ago, but the structure is dated.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2009

After reading a couple of the reviews on here, I was concerned about our choice to stay at this Embassy Suites. Traditionally their facilities and amenities are pretty good but several reviews indicated otherwise. I can definitively say that these reviews are being nitpicky.

Upon check in, the front desk staff was exceedingly nice. They checked us in in less than 3 minutes. Whenever we had any questions or concerns, they were helpful and courteous.

The rooms themselves were what you expect size wise for an Embassy Suites. We had a king suite on the 6th floor. The beds and bedding were some of the most comfortable I've ever had at a hotel. When we booked online, we requested extra pillows and a local newspaper which was waiting for us when we arrived. The room had 2 flat screen TVs (32" maybe) but strangely enough the feed was not HD - sort of defeats the purpose as far as I am concerned. There is plenty of storage room for clothes and luggage. There was an alarm clock radio with an aux port to hook up your mp3 player which was a nice touch. There were also plenty of outlets for our many electronic devices we needed to charge (cell phone, laptop, cameras, etc).

I only had a few minor complaints about the room. The toilet in our room had no suction. Without going into too many details, lets just say it did not clog but it often took several flushes to clear the bowl. We did have a problem with the thermostat the first night of our stay when we woke up to a 60 degree room even though it was set at 75. We played around with it and didn't have a problem the rest of the stay. Some reviews complained about noise from the lobby and hallways. We didn't experience this. There was a little noise that we could hear when someone would run by in the hall and some murmurs from room to room but nothing that really disturbed us. Housekeeping was not great as they didn't restock our coffee or glasses each day.

The amenities in the hotel were just sufficient. We were here during the weekend and there were a preponderance of kids running around and in the pool. I can't really blame the noise caused by them on the hotel as this should be the parent's jobs to make sure their kids are not running down halls and screaming in the atrium. There were times when the pool was empty and times when it was packed with kids. It seemed to be a crap shoot. The atrium and lobby was nicely decorated. The business center was well stocked although the PCs tended to time you out if you were inactive for more than 1 minute.

The full service breakfast was hit or miss. The made to order omelets, bacon, sausage and biscuits were good. The hash browns were cold and tasteless. Their bread selection was small. One thing I would like to see and maybe its just me - I like bringing my food back to the room. My wife is not a early riser and I run down to pick up breakfast for both of us. There was no way to bring condiments to the room unless I wanted to take up whole shakers and bottles from the table. I would like to see them provide some salt & pepper and ketchup packets to take up to the room. The manager's reception was good. There were no snacks served outside pretzels and popcorn but there is a good selection of beverages that you can get. I can't complain too much about free booze!

Parking was plentiful although late at night you would have to often park far away. There are two side entrances but they are locked at 11pm so you have to enter through the front. I am not sure why they do not just make them accessible via room key. The hotel is in a business park. There are restaurants and stores within a 5 minute drive from the hotel. Its about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown attractions and 10 minutes from the Opryland area.

Overall the hotel is what I expect from Embassy Suites. It was decent value with comfortable rooms and good service. I have a feeling that the pool is always kid central so I wouldn't stay here if you intend on hanging out there but the manager's reception and breakfast are nice add ons. This particular location appears to be one that is visited by a lot of families so kids and a little noise is to be expected. If you can get a good deal on this hotel, then it is definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple