Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #46 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Austin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Stayed one night, Dec. 26 since we had an early flight the next morning. Staff was pleasant during check-in. Had a king suite on the 5th floor. Living area with couch, table & chairs, TV, microwave, frig with a door that could be closed off to the bedroom. Large bedroom with nice TV. Few stains on the carpet and I always look behind the bed because you can tell how well a room is cleaned. Some dirt and paper...housekeeping really should clean behind and under the bed. Bathroom was spacious and clean. Did not hear any airplane noise and closing the door to the bedroom prevented us from hearing hallway noise as well. Free shuttle to the airport. Was told to be there 10 mins before the 6 am departure time and at 6 am we didn't have a driver. I asked the man at the desk do they normally run on schedule and he was abrupt and said he'll be here shortly. I replied how shortly since that is a matter of opinion. He said in a few mins. At 6:10 I went to him again and said, "Should I have you call for a taxi?" He said he will be here in one minute and he did show up. However, with it being the holiday season we didn't know how busy the airport would be. The driver did place our luggage in the shuttle bus and assisted us with it at the airport. It is a quick drive to the airport, less than 10 minutes.

• Liked — location to the airport
  • Disliked — shuttle bus not departing on schedule
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Nashville
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Attended a meeting at a nearby conference center and the Embassy Suites Airport was the preferred hotel. The people at the front desk were extremely rude and unhelpful. Waited over an hour for the shuttle to arrive to pick me up at the airport and when I called back, the driver had gone to dinner and forgot me. The bathroom had mold in the shower and was generally dirty. Had dinner at the restaurant and the food was very over priced and was fast food quality. Have always stayed at Embassy Suites but will have to reconsider if this is how they are all managed.

• Liked — nothing!! Extremely rude and dirty
  • Disliked — Mold
1 Thank gabbyk
tucson, arizona
Reviewed December 8, 2008

this is our second stay here. we enjoyed the manager's reception and had dinner in the restourant with great results as the dinners had little twists to the flavors we had not experienced before. it was all quiet on the western front shall we say with privacy and quietness the order of the day. the cockateels are always fun to observe in the atyrium and the breakfast has something for everyone hotel staff were attentive and the extra towels were in place and the frig on and nice and cold. we have quickly adopted this hotel as our last stop on our way home and as a very nice way to extend a trip without any inconveniences.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Ga
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I recently traveled to Nashville over the Thanksgiving day weekend to visit the Gaylord Opryland Hotel decorations for Christmas time. The website and customer service operater advised us that check in was 3pm however upon arriving shortly after 1pm we were promptly checked in with no problems. The hotel checkin clerk was very pleasent and believe it or not she actually looked like she was happy to be at work. She greeted us by name, advised us of the nightly managers reception, free morning breakfast, gave us a map of the Opry Mills mall and offered to call us a taxi when we were ready to head that way. The lobby area is very nice with lots of greenery and some waterfalls and streams. The hotel offers 4 elevators.

Our room was a king suite and we were offered a room choice on pretty much each of the 9 floors and we opted for the very top. The king suite was very spacious. There were 2 tvs, 2 desks, 2 sinks......more than enough room for all of us. A door connects the sitting area of the suite to the actual bedroom area which makes it seem like 2 rooms in 1! We are a family of 4, with 2 adults and 2 children we were happy to be together but still have our own space. Our room faced the highway and the Nashville airport was in the distance. The only slight downfall of this room was that you could hear the traffic from the expressway but that was the only and I repeat only downfall. The very top floor rooms have a sliding glass door that opens to a small balcony.

Breakfast on Sunday mornings is from 730am to 1030am. If at all possible I recommend arriving as early as possible. We went down at 800 to eat and there was plenty of seating and a minimal line. There is even a chef who cooks your omlet any way you like. The breakfast also includes, pancakes, bacon, biscuits and gravy, grits, hash browns, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit and an assortment of danishes. After breakfast we went to the pool, our checkout was that day so we only stayed for a few hours. The breakfast line was out of control at 10am.

The pool area is very clean and towels are provided. The pool only goes to 4 ft deep and there is also a hot tub. Around the corner is a fitness facility with what looked to be brand new machines.

Our main reason for going was to view the Opryland Hotel Christmas decorations. That was a nightmare. There were so many people doing the same thing we were. Beware that parking at the hotel is $18 but if you are lucky enough to find a spot at the mall near the movie theater you can walk over and park for free, however it is not a short walk. Once we arrived back at our car there was some police activity in the parking lot. It appeared that someone's vehicle had been broken in to and some things were stolen which was an unfortunate incident but also something that can happen anywhere.

All in all this is an excellent hotel. It is located in what appeared to be an office park type of area. It was quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of Opryland (a short 10 minute drive away). If I am ever in Nashville again this will be my place to stay of choice!!

• Liked — Excellent Staff and overall value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I needed to attend a conference in a hotel that was just around the corner. I originally had a reservation at that hotel but needed to switch at the last minute to accomodate other plans. The Embassy Suites (ES) rate was the same as other hotels in the area and as I have previously stayed in Embassy Suites rooms I felt that this was a better value. Check-in with little fanfare, although I did learn that ES is associated with Hilton Hotels so my stay was entered on my honors club account (without having to dig the number out of my briefcase, the desk clerk was able to look up the info for me, very helpful). I asked for (and received) a room on the upper floors (actually the highest floor, 9th) and the room was exactly what I expect from ES, big, roomy, separate living room/bedroom. Good mattress, nice pillows (if you're into down pillows), LCD tv, and plenty of closet space.
I had tickets to a concert in downtown Nashville and didn't want to deal with finding a parking spot, etc. so I asked the Bell Hop to arrange a taxi and he suggested a Limo for the same price. Not being too pretentious, it was nice to have someone drop us off in front of the club, even if the limo would have little/no impact on our chance of impressing the women.
Breakfast the next morning was above average compared to other hotels in this price point. A good selection of the standard items, including my favorite biscuits and gravy (extra cholesterol please!).

All in all, a good nights sleep in a very good hotel. I did note that the wifi was an extra charge. If ES expects to compete with the business traveler market they should probably make that service gratis.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needed something close to the airport. Transportation to downtown is easy to obtain.

• Liked — Upper floor room
  • Disliked — extra charge for internet access
1 Thank Curtis S
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I was extremely happy with the Embassy Suites Airport hotel. I was skeptical when I read some of the previous reviews, and I'm a very picky person, but I'm telling you, it couldn't have been a better stay!

The hotel is clean - sure there were a few stains here and there on the carpet (namely - an iron burn) but nothing that turned my stomach or required biohazard gear. The size of the room was great for the business traveler, and the two flatscreen TVs made it even easier to relax while doing reports or passing out from jetlag. The bathroom was also clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel soaps/lotion smells like citrus Pez. I was a fan.

The main floor of the hotel opens to a nice atrium with two resident cockateils. There's a gift shop with snacks and stuff, and a pretty good (and reasonably priced) resturant, The Fisheye Grill. I was boring and had a cheeseburger (which was good!) but they also have seafood dishes and some local snacks (fried pickles, hushpuppies).

Breakfast the next morning was delicious! If you like grits, you're in luck. They had fresh prepared omlettes and all sorts of other goodies that made the day that much easier to start.

The only downside - you have to pay for internet connection in the room. But I had no problem using the free internet in the business center. People were very respectful of the fact that others had to use the center, and I didn't mind waiting a little bit to jump on.

There's also a free, punctual hotel shuttle if you need a lift. I was very pleased with this hotel and will certainly stay again if the opportunity comes my way.

• Liked — Good breakfast the next morning, comfortable and clean room
  • Disliked — No free internet access in the hotel room.
1 Thank LauraLovesZippy
Tennessee
Reviewed November 2, 2008

This was our first time at this particular hotel and I was very impressed! We go to Nashville every year for a work Convention and I decided for the first time to take my family with me and I was so glad I did!! This was such a great trip and the hotel staff was beyond excellent! From the moment we first arrived we were treated like family! Thanks for such a great experience!

Stayed October 2008