“Really Busy Hotel close to Opry Mills and Airport”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Really Busy Hotel close to Opry Mills and Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My first visit to Nashville for an overnight stay at an education conference. The hotel was easy to find with GPS and located in a dead end making it a secluded and quiet area. The front desk staff was very efficient in making the check in process a snap even though there were quite a few patrons coming and going. The outside appearance of the hotel was very nice but the sign is all but hidden and you cannot see it until you pass it - making the location in a dead end great. The odd thing is that the hotel name is not up high on the top of the building as are most hotel names. The pool was very nice as was the weight room. Now the rooms were another story - my room was in great need of an update - I was very surprised upon entering. The rooms were clean and the service received every day was very good, as was the expected breakfast. During my stay there was an educational conference and three family reunions that accommodations were being provided for - and the hotel rose to the occasion. Breakfast was fast and provided for everyone, although they only had one cook on Thursday and Friday, he served everyone with a good attitude. I did not even attempt to try Saturday because it was even more crowed than the other days. Overall the visit was very good and enjoyable and a special shout out goes to the staff for the extra effort that they put forth to provide for the guests. Parking during this time was not adequate - guests were parking everywhere including the dead in circle, spaces were very limited even though it was a large lot, but due to the many things going on if you moved you lost out - but it was free!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rone M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We truly appreciate your recent review. You stayed during a busy weekend yet you took the time to note how the staff rose to the occasion and met the needs of our guests.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Nashville!

615-324-2663

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for one night while on a brief stop over in Nashville. It was just off of the interstate in primarily a business area and near the airport. Very private and quiet with lots of parking which was great as we were towing a motorcycle. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant, and check in was quick. The hotel is well maintained, very clean, and extremely comfortable. As with other Embassy hotels, it was a suite. Bed was heavenly (there was also a pullout sofa) and there were TVs in the bedroom and the living room. The desk was made for two to use and there was plenty of lighting. There was wi-fi, but I did not use it. Not sure if it usually has to be paid for like most Hiltons or if I got it free because of Hilton Honors. Anyway, I could have stayed there for a week. They had the manager's snacks that evening, but we were not able to attend so I can't comment on that. The hotel is only a few miles from downtown Nashville, so it was convenient to go downtown for dinner and the route we took was almost a straight shot from the hotel. I don't think there were any restaurants at the same exit as the hotel, but there were some (I believe) at the exit before. The hotel breakfast was great and was included. The hotel is also not very far from the Hermitage, which is why we actually chose it, and was an easy drive without having to get back on the interstate. I would certainly stay here again if I return to Nashville.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I agree with you... there is something great about this area of Nashville... close to the interstate, not a lot of traffic, and at a quiet dead end. We are glad to see you had such a great stay.

We wish you could stay longer too!

Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The lobby and public areas of this hotel are clean and present well, but the room was beyond "well used". Furniture was outdated and badly damaged and just made it feel dirty even though everything was clean. Service was wonderful from everyone. Pool was nice to have on site. Breakfast in the morning was fine. Coffee was awful. Would not go back.

3 Thank jaluca04
Rone M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I am not sure you are reviewing the correct hotel. We just completed a multimillion dollar renovation and all our rooms have been remodeled. Perhaps you meant this for another location?

Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Yes, convenient location to airport but as a business traveler, it is incomprehensible how a hotel that advertises as an "airport" hotel does not begin shuttle service until 6:00 AM???? Plus you have to pay for taxi to airport prior to that.
Shuttle service to and from airport basically sucks. Called for pickup, said it would be 15 minutes. 30 minutes later finally got picked-up. Watched lower chains like La Quinta, Hampton, Clarion etc pickup people who arrived much later than me. All lower priced costs.
Last time I will frequent this place

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Mike M
Rone M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We apologize for the mix up in communication. We are required by the brand to provide transportation at least two hours before the earliest flight and two hours after the last flight into BNA. If you meet those parameters, please contact me and we will pinpoint your reservation and reimburse you for cab fare. Our policy is that if a guest falls within those time frames and we do not have the shuttle available we will cover the cost of the taxi for you.

I can be reached at the number below.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed June 27 and June 28 we had a great time nice hotel nice pool the hotel is not too big where you can get lost the breakfast is awesome and the free drinks from 530pm to 730pm is awesome too . I think this is one of the main reasons why this hotel is so popular you don't see any other hotel doing this I love making videos of places I go to my YouTube channel is kf4kdy12345 I made a video of this hotel and it looks great go check it out thanks

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony R
Rone M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
THANK YOU so much for your review as well as the additional publicity you have given us on YouTube. The team watched the video yesterday and we were very encouraged to see that you had such a great stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville!

Rone MIddler
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at this location last fall while it was under renovation, it turned out very nice. A couple of complaints, don't use the business center during the heat of the day, the sun comes thru the roof glass and will bake you - not sure why they would put this in the middle of the lobby?! Our BIGGEST complaint is the restaurant, the menu is the worst I have ever seen in a hotel in my whole life and I travel a lot! Not sure what their " theme" for their food was? Southern I guess, but anyway, what an awful selection! Hubby and I tried to eat there 2x and we just couldn't do it! I eat a pretty strict diet of no gluten and try not to eat a lot of meat or fat - good luck! My husband on the other hand is not that picky and he couldn't even find anything for his taste! If you have children, don't even bother! Breakfast is good and a fair amount of choices. Cocktail hour, get there early or the snacks will be picked over and you will be disappointed! We had to change rooms due to the freeway noise, they moved our things which was nice of them. We watch Fox News Chanel, the whole 3 days that we were there, that was the only station that had NO sound! We complained, but it never got fixed even though we were told it would be within @ an hour after our arrival! I know this sounds like a lot of complaining about this hotel, obviously we had some issues with it, but I would stay there again. The rooms are clean, it's conveniently located to several things that I have to come to Nashville for. I just won't have dinner there and I will request certain room locations!

Room Tip: Ask for opposite side of freeway or you will be sorry!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. It seems that despite encountering a few obstacles while with us you gave us a great rating and would stay here again. That's great to hear. I am just curious as to when you stayed since we did recently revamp our menu and also added a children's menu with healthy options. Was it recently? I would love to chat with you about your experience in the restaurant and gain some advice to what improvements you would make to the menu to accommodate our gluten free guests.

As a side note, we also recently made some changes to our gift shop and added a gluten free, organic and healthy options section. We even added some healthy on the go options for families traveling with small children. We would love to have you back so you can see some of those improvements as well.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon at the recently renovated Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport.

Rone MIddler
Troon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is not situated in a nice area, but it has good parking, nice quiet room on upper floors and there is a shuttle bus to the Nashville downtown strip area which is a great service. Comfortable, clean and a decent breakfast. We were also given complimentary tickets for BB Kings, so do mention to the staff where you intend to go in the evening and they may have similar. Although the upper floors and generally quiet in these hotels, at this one there was a nearby bar which had loud music until 11pm. That's not going to bother you if you're out on the town yourself past this time, but we returned at 10pm and were relieved when it ceased at 11pm. Maybe rooms on the other side of the building would not hear this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nearby music bar if you want quiet before 11pm.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rone M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I'm not quite sure you stayed at our hotel. We are located in an office park near the airport and there are not any nearby bars that play music. Perhaps you stayed at one of our sister hotels in the downtown area? Having said that, we do partner with a local company that does provide service at a cost to downtown too. So guests who want to stay with us out near the airport can still be downtown within 15 minutes for a small fee.

We do hope the next time you are in Nashville you stat with us!