“Terrible Rooms!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Alabama
“Terrible Rooms!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Of course, the lobby is nice. But, for $159 a night, you would think they could buy decent bed linens. I don't sleep with "rags" on my bedding at home and it really disappointed me that a place like Embassy Suites supplied "rags" for my stay on their bedding. There were 3 hairs on the top sheet and a stain. There was a seam on the sheet (about where the side would start) which was up-side down and VERY wrinkled, so it makes me wonder if the sheet was just flipped for re-use. The duvet cover was torn by about 24" across the top seam (I'm posting a picture). The sheets were extremely thin. The mattress was hard and there were no "fluffy" pillows, but I add this hesitantly as it is simply a matter of preference and I don't judge a hotel on that because you can't please everyone. The carpeting had stains. The bathroom was horrendous; there was mold toward the bottom of the tiles in the tub area. The tub had some deep grooves or cuts in it that appeared to have been covered with white paint. The outdated wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. Poor lighting in the bathroom. There were hairs in the tub upon our arrival. The towels were clean, white and fluffy. To add a few more details: I told them at the front desk around 4:30 on the day of my arrival about the torn duvet cover. We went out and I really expected it to be taken care of while we were gone, but it wasn't. The coffee pot contained the little coffee filter packet from a previous guest, and who knows how long that had been sitting in there. The refrigerator had mold in the bottom of it. The microwave was clean, but I ended up not using it so I cannot attest to how it worked. The next morning I took my son to the airport and came back to the hotel to get more sleep before heading home 2 hours away, but housekeeping banged on the door around 9:00 to ask what time I was leaving in spite of the "Do Not Disturb" sign. The clock radio/alarm didn't work, and our wake-up call was 17 minutes late, so make sure to plan for your own alarm service. Breakfast was good. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Bluntly, this place needs a "makeover" and it was needed about 25 years ago. It looks 70-ish in style with old furnishings and wallpaper. This definitely was unlike any other Embassy Suite I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: There is a Hilton Garden Inn about a block down the road that I've stayed in before... you shoul...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
runningman41
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I agree the place needs to be renovated but that's just the rooms, the hotel has a warm personal touch that is inviting and warm. Been here a couple times and the usual Embassy perks shine thru, the food,drinks and overall quiet comfort is here. I would defiantly come back and as a Diamond member I would recommend this hotel. Staff is wonderful

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, adds some fresh air
Grayslake, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel rooms are in terrible condition and in desperate need of some attention. None of the plugs work, some were missing covers, the walls were dirty and the bathroom is in a time warp from the 50's. I was afraid to sit on any of the furniture, it was so stained and nasty. The service was absolutely AWFUL. The front desk agents clearly hate their jobs, no smiles, very unfriendly. Housekeeping didn't replace the towels and we called down three times to the front desk to get new ones..they never showed up.

The positives were that the banquet and restaurant food was quite good.

The lines are so long for the free drinks that we gave up and bought our own in the bar. The "free appetizers" were chips and salsa. Really? I realize it is free, and the room rate was low, but you can't do any better than that?

The line for breakfast was unbelievably long, although once we did get served it was pretty good, for free food.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay in hotels an average of 4 nights a week and am a loyal Hilton Diamond Member. I was very pleasantly surprised by the professional and friendly front desk staff (Gwen & Josephine). They both greeted me with a smile and went above and beyond making my check in an enjoyable one. By far, the best service I have had in a long, long, long time. Keep up the great work ladies.

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went to have enjoyable weekend (2/22-23/13)with family meeting at midpoint destination. Knew it was older hotel but thought it would have at least looked and smelled clean. Not the case! Rooms smelled of cigarette smoke and dirty odors all weekend. Also, carpet was so dirty in room it got white socks black on bottom in justa few walks back anf forth from front room to bedroom. Carpet in walkways on top floor had ripples in it causing possible tripping hazard. Also, there were small children runnning through hallways at 10:45PM screaming and riding up and down elevators from one floor to the other and switching elevators for fun - out of control for a weekend stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig R
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property seems outdated. The rooms (suites) are not as big as other Embassy hotels where we have stayed. The rooms and property seemed clean just looked worn. No shuttle to downtown but they did call a taxi for us. The restaurant/bar area was very small. Didn't matter as both had very limited menu. We had a decent rate through the internet. However after staying there, it was still high for what we got.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EddieTTU58
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on 2/17/13 for work. We had a block of ten rooms. Rooms were ready upon arrive, check in was prompt and easy. hotel was very accomodating. They allowed us to use their breakfast area to eat dinner we had delivered as a group and the manager drove us to the grocery store in the hotel shuttle so I could purchase drinks for the group dinner. Very pleasant stay. Rooms jut as expected, great breakfast as usual.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business