“Recent business stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a road warrior who travels weekly, I have spent many nights in hotel rooms. I am a Hilton Honors member and chose this hotel for it's proximity to the airport (without reading the Trip Advisor reviews first). I was very disappointed with my overall stay. While hotel staff were welcoming and friendly, my hotel room left much to be desired. The entire room felt grungy- from the furnishes to the carpeting. The hotel needs to do major renovations to spruce up the rooms and make them feel comfortable and inviting. I was also a bit baffled by the humidity in the room for February- the tiled bathroom floor was wet 100% of the time making it quite disgusting.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport

Reviewed February 12, 2013

On Feb.1, 2013 me and my wife spent a night at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport and enjoied the Manager's Reception. After a long driving trip from Chicago it was a pleasure for us to drink a very good wine and listen good music. During 2 hours the singer performed beautiful American songs from the time we were young. Great music, great performer.
The hotel and room were very clean and quiet, the personnel nice and the breakfast perfect.
For the future, we'll use the same hotel for our trips to Florida.
After San Francisco, this was the second time we booked for Embassy Suites (Hilton) and we were very satisfied of the service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The sign says Embassy Suites, but this place feels like the comfort Inn. I should have known better to book a hotel with out first checking Tripadvisor, but I've held the Embassy Suites in such regard, that I just expect a minimum standard of quality. Every finish in this hotel is at least 10 years old. Even the sheets look dingy and faded. The whole place has a stale smell but even the stale smell is better than the cigarette stench in the rooms. I asked about a non smoking room, but found that all the rooms have. Smoke smell because of some quirk of ventilation. Nice staff, but I would stay at one of the other local hotels.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed February 8, 2013

With all the choices in the Nashville area, there is nothing about this property that stands out, except the deteriorating conditions. We are here now as a matter of fact. Power goes out for 20 minutes or so. It took 3 phone calls to the front desk for extra pillows. The scent of chlorine from the pool is strong enough to give you a headache to the 3rd floor. The furnishings are from the 70s with stained carpets and walls. Room 211 has cockroaches. As a diamond member and one that spends 175 nights on the road, this hotel is in my all time bottom 10.

Room Tip: Get a top floor furthest from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013

When I book this room, I asked for a military discount. We got one, but it was for a smoking room, and neither my husband or I smoked. So I called to get our room changed to a non smoking room, and the central reservations, told me that they didn't have any non smoking rooms with a military discount, so I called the hotel myself, and they moved our reservation to a non smoking room. It had 2 double beds, (we wanted a king), but since a lot of the rooms in Nashville were booked, we took it. When we got there, we was put in a suite that needed remodeling very badly. The beds had the cheapest mattresses that anyone could buy on them. They were so hard and the metal around the edges was very prominent. Our room air would not work. It kept on getting hotter and hotter in there all night. I woke up so sore and stiff from the bed that I could harldy move. The decor of our room looked like something that was from the 70's, and nothing was good in the room at all. IThe next morning, I talked to the front desk and found out that some of the rooms had been redone, with new mattresses, and furnishings. They sent a man up and he tried to fix the problem with the air conditioning, and it was not fixable at that moment. They moved us to another room, still with 2 double beds, but at least this time, the beds were new, and this room was newly updated. I really think that they gave us the worst room because of our military discount. So, beware if you ask for a military discount, you will be given the worst rooms. It is a shame that they do this as our military hero's deserve a good room to sleep in, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, and one on a higher floor. That way, the noise from the downstairs won't...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TLSMorristownTN
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this location and it was an ok experience. There was a huge biker convention going on, so it was a little loud. However, the management worked hard getting me away from the lobby. They actually put me on the top floor and in a corner. I was okay with that, it wasn't that loud. They actually worked hard at trying to make me comfortable. The room was nice, but it need a little updating. Overall it was a nice comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Make sure that if there is a conference or convention when you go. If there is ask for the top floor...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

my room was spacious and quiet. the bed was comfortable. everything worked well in the bathroom. the breakfast was very good as was the reception in the evening. check in was easy. I enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business