“Awesome, Awesome, and did I mention it was Awsome”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #47 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 8, 2013

First off we are Hilton Honors Diamond members and we have stayed at this property serval different times and after reading some of the negative reviews on this faboulous hotel it prompt me to write a review on our experience. I had to take a second look just to make sure that the hotel I stayed at and the hotel that some of these reviewiers stayed at was the Nashville Embassy Suites Aiport, because my experience was totally different from some of the negative reviews.

My wife had to go to Nashville for a business related trip and since my son was out of school for break we decided to join her for this trip. We had to get there early for her to make a meeting so my son and I got to the hotel at 11:30AM in the morning on 1-3-13. From the moment we stepped into the lobby we were greeted with smiles from the people working behind the registration desk. I thought to myself that there is no way they are going to let us check in at 11:30 in the morning but to my surprise they had a room ready and it was given to us with a smile and a no problem at all. We gathered our bags and off to the room we go. Once we got into the room it was spacious, CLEAN, comfortable, and we had no complaints. The hotel is starting to show some age but it is getting ready to go under a big renovation which will make it all the more better.

That afternoon my son and I was able to enjoy the swimming pool and hot tub area. This area is well maintained and there was plenty of towels to go around. We did not go into the fitness area but it looked very nice also. Later that evening from 5:30 to 7:30 they have a complimentary Mangers Reception where you can have unlimited drinks and snacks for two hours. The wait was never longer than 2 or 3 minutes to get a drink and my son was in heaven with all the sodas he wanted and snacks. On Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays they have a gentleman by the name of Dan that plays music (guitar and sings) in the Mangers Reception area that is really good (Welcome to Nashville). This is a great addition for the Mangers Reception that the hotel does not have to do but they do it anyway and it truly makes it an unforgettable experience that keeps you wanting more. The bartender was also very friendly and handed your drinks to you with a smile. Later that evening after dinner we retired to a clean and comfortable bed which produced a great nights sleep.

The next morning before wife headed off for meeting we stopped by the breakfast buffet which is also included in the room rate and it was outstanding. The people working in this area was great, efficent, and always smiling as well. The line for the food moved very well and we were done getting our food and eating in 20 minutes. They had bacon, sausage, biscuits, potatoes, and etc. on the buffett and also had an Omlete Chef there making Omletes for anyone wanting one. I am not an egg person so I passed on that one.

Checking out later on that morning was quick and easy. We had no descrepiences with our bill as it was perfect and lady behind the desk even said "Have a safe trip home". In closing this hotel seems to get a lot of you either "love it" or you either "hate it" reviews. We have never had one bad experience here and if we did I would walk down to the lobby where the General Manager;s office is and speak with him. His office is right in the lobby with his name on it and the door is always open if you have a problem. I guarantee you if the great people at the hotel doesn't address your problem if you have one Mr. David Norman will. This man cares about his hotel and really wants everyone that checks out to say that they are 100% satisfied with their accomodations that they received. This hotel has awesome people that work there, an awesome Mangers Reception, an awesome breakfast buffett, and awesome rooms that fit our family needs when traveling to Nashville. Don't hesitate to book this hotel as it is truly an awesome place and once their renovation is complete in 2013 it will be that much better.

Room Tip: All suites are spacious and include two separate areas that are great. Especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cville41993

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is an older hotel that needs work. Room layout is typical ES sitting room and bedroom. When i left for meetings advised front desk that I needed extension cord for breathing machine as plug was behind the bed. Came back from meetings to watch BCS game to find that I never receive the cord so called maintenance. Turned on Tv in parlor to learn that it did not have ESPN so called maintenance again to have them tell me that the TV was missing an adapter that was taken to fix another set, ten minutes later TV works. A while later decided to watch in bedroom and you guessed it no adapter again, back to maintenance then another ten minutes for installation.At this point informed front desk of my displeasure to be asked if I wanted to talk to the manager and said yes, still waitin for manager to call and it is now 10 AM the following morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am very upset with my recent stay here at the Embassy. First I will start with how rude the night manager was as we checked in and our first room 501 was soak and wet in front of the refrigerator and stains all over the couch. We were then moved to room 726. The window was covered with black mold, bugs everywhere floor and window sill. Hair on bathroom toilet, in bathtub, on floor..stains all over the bedsheets on the fold out sofa bed as well as fresh stains on the couch. Blood all over one of my pillows..I had to call due to toilet overflowing all over the floor, took them over 2 hours to respond. The manager was very rude stating that room service was busy with dealing with 300 rooms.. the 2nd day we were there.. The room service was horrible...I have a video of housekeeping coming in and cleaning my room while i had the do not disturb sign on the door. I awoke to be able to see her in my bathroom through the mirror on the wall attempting to clean, she took a towel and wiped urine off our toilet (mind you that i have 3 males, my husband and 2 sons so the toliet was dirty..and she wiped the toilet urine off then using same towel wiped down our sink counter and bathtub and curtain liner with the same towel , wiped floor putting hair all over carpet and was never vacuumed. This is just disgusting!! (I will never return to the one in Nashville TN) Like I said feel free to email me or call and I will gladly send you via email the pictures...They are all dated with a time etc.... I can continue to go on about everything that happened during our 5 night stay but i am running out of space here...just ask me and i will send you pics/video of this place and everything that was wrong!!!! Do not ever stay here.

Room Tip: do not ever stay in Nashviile Tennessee Airport area at the Embassy Suites
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Rarely do I hear from a guest that has such disheartening news to share. Certainly social media sites are heavily used by the traveling public and as a manager, one learns to take the good, bad, and the ugly as most people fit somewhere in between glowing reviews and as you state horrble. In the end, most people end up in the middle or satisfied unless the area being reviewed is newly opened, 4.5 to 5 star rated, or a destination. Our hotel does have suites that are need of some TLC as reflective by pevious comments as worn or dated but there is zero excuse when it comes to cleanliness and I am frustrated to hear of your experience. I welcome any video or over evidence you have of your concerns. I assure you I do not wish to have any member on our team to act in such disregard for our' guest's well being. Please email me such to david.norman@hilton.com. It is unfortunate that I was unable to speak to your concerns and you left us so upset. I have my desk in the lobby in order to be easily accessible to any guest, and I regret not speaking to before you departed. it is true we have some negative reviews mostly based on the age of the hotel which will be remedied in 2013 with a $11m renovation; however, we also have a great many reviews singing our accolades. I welcome a call from you on this matter or a call from any guest who may now be concerned by the most negative review you posted. Feel free to reach me at my direct line 615-324-2663. Best regards, David Norman

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been going to Nashville for several years to so Christmas shopping, this year my plans changed and I was able to go after Christmas and include my 24 year old daughter. I have never stayed in the same hotel when I have gone, looking for just clean and inexpensive but with my daughter going I looked at only suite properties. The price was good, the location was ideal.
When we checked in this elderly gentleman gathered our luggage and gave us the details about the hotel including that starting this month the hotel was going through a "major" renovation. He made us feel welcome and the front desk staff was as nice as they could be. When housekeeping came in the next morning and realized there were 2 women in the room, they left 2 of everything! (By the way, if you wonder how they knew, we had already bought four pairs of shoes and the boxes were with them!!! and we had 5 hairbrushes on the counter.) I have only one complaint and I did not address it with the hotel staff. Children were in the hot tub, with their parents. I understand that there is no wading pool for the little folks but it prevented some from being able to enjoy that amenity.
I haven't decided if we will go before Christmas or the week after in 2013 but I can assure you we will stay here! June from Olive Branch, MS.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank June S
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a dozen times over the last 10 years. Unfortunately, until a renovation is done, we'll not be back. As am I, the bed in our king executive suite was showing it's age! We were forced to cancel our second night due to a terrible night's sleep that led to backaches for both me and my wife. The sleeper sofa for my daughter had soiled sheets when we pulled it out. Their housekeeping staff was "on break" and forced me to go to the front desk for sheets and additional towels. Until a major renovation is done, we will now find other options when we're in town.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed with family on Dec. 14 and 15, rooms were stained and dirty. Their was also evidence that our suitcases had been gone through by housekeeping staff. Also they left dirty cleaning rag in our bathtub and also left bathroom fan running. They also did not refill the coffee in our room. Just all around bad stay. I have stayed at this establishment many times over the years and I will now never be back nor recommend it to anyone. Dirty, Dirty,Dirty!

Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We took our granddaughters to Nashville the weekend of Dec. 14-16, 2012 and stayed at Embassy Suites Nashville Airport location. We had such a pleasant weekend. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Any requests we had for extra linens, toiletries, etc., were addressed immediately. We ordered from room service two nights and the food was delicious, as were the breakfasts each morning. The room we stayed in was clean and we had a pleasant view from the 9th floor. It is obvious that Mr. David Norman (Manager), cares about his guests and does everything possible to ensure they have a great experience while staying there. Houston and Marie (also on the management team) were friendly and very helpful while we were there. Overall, it was a great experience and we plan to return with our granddaughters in the future. Burkhart family from Louisville

Room Tip: Upper rooms facing airport have a great view. We stayed on the 9th floor. Our granddaughters loved...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family