“Unique hotel with great service and extra amenities”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this unique hotel with a beautiful atrium, indoor pool, arcade,cook to order breakfast, nightly manager's reception, and a spacious, well functioning room. It was a short, easy drive to Opryland Mills mall, etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please come again very soon! Best Regards, David Norman, GM

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The rooms were very nice, but the customer service was abysmal. On our first day, our room was not cleaned. Our towels were exchanged per my request, but not even an apology was given. On the third day, our room was not made up again. I was surprised this happened twice at a hotel of this caliber. The checkout was the worst experience. I accidentally left an item in my room. The front desk person had me run out to my car three times before she would let me back in the room. Her directions were unclear and she was terse and rude. Each time I had to go back to my car, I tripped over an ice cream that was frozen and not cleaned up in the parking lot. I was left angry and shaken by the experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank shmoodle
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. Certainly hoisekeeping should have provided you service each day. The only time we do not is if the guest has a do not disturb on their door . If such is the case we do not provide service.and are unable to do so past 3 PM each day. I am unsure what the clerk was asking you to retrieve from your car as your posting did not say. I apologize if the clerk was unclear on what she needed that required you to take repeated steps to you car. I know we can provide a much better service experience and I hope you will allow us to do so in the future. David Norman, GM

Reviewed November 19, 2012

When we checked in, my wife was extremely impressed with the amount of time it took - Literally less than three minutes. I was impressed, especially since there was a wedding/reception in progress. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly and willing to go above and beyond there job. For instance, at the managers reception we were sitting in an area away from the main reception area, but one of the staff members, who I believe was not assigned to work the reception, was just walking by and offered to take our empty plates. On another occasion, we returned from a city tour on the 5th of November, 2012, and the front desk attendant asked us if we had enjoyed the tour before we could even tell her that we were on the tour. I assume she remebered us from when the tour guide arrived early and had the front desk call us to let us know the guide was there. I was impressed that she remembered upon our return.
So the little things....1) the in-room coffee was not replaced for two days straight....I had to call to get some delivered; and 2) A wash-cloth was left hanging on the safety bar in the bath tub. This may have been left intentionally because it was hanging, but they did remove a towel that was hanging. I believe the policy is if you want a new one, you have to put it on the floor. Having said that, there are very few hotels that leave anything hanging. They usually collect all the towels and clothes and leave new ones.
We had a very nice time and I got the feeling the manager and staff were genuinely concerned for the guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great time with us less a few minor hiccups. come see us again soon! David Norman, GM

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit. It's an old hotel (pre 1980) but it's worth the price at $55 on Priceline.com.

If you're staying near the area of the airport and you're trying to get a 3 1/2 star hotel on Priceline, count on the Hotel Preston or the Embassy Suites. These are the names that come up and I don't believe you'll be disappointed. Just keep in mind that these hotels are older, so if you're looking for pristine conditions, you'll be disappointed.

There is a shuttle that runs and gets you to the airport quickly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your reply! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you with us again in near future! David Norman, GM

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is a bit off the beaten path but it is very nice and quiet. The room rates are very reasonable for what you get. The facility is very clean and the rooms are nice and clean. Our room had two flat screen TVs. The staff here is wonderful and so incredibly helpful. The breakfast is the big deal here. Included in the room rate is a free hot breakfast every morning down in the restaurant. You can custom order an omelette or eggs however you would like. Plus they have scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes or french toast, hash brown potatoes, grits (if you are into that), fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, many flavors of juice, coffee, milk, cereal, bread for toasting, bagels, and other stuff I can't remember. I will surely stay here again. The rates were reasonable and the rooms clean and nice. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Is always great to hear from a satisfied guest! David Norman, GM

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were fine and service was good. When we needed anything, everyone helped us. Tripadvisor gave us the information and the hotel found us a room when they were filled at their hotels downtown. Between the two, we had a very good vacation.

• Stayed: November 2012

Glad you had a good time in Nashville. Loose electrical outlets are a real nuisance, and I will alert our engineering team of your concern. Thanks again! David Norman, GM

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel online. Afterward, I read some reviews that gave me pause whether I had done the right thing or not. I travel frequently and have stayed in modest to ultra-luxury properties all across the U.S. so I know firsthand whether a hotel is up to snuff or not.

After arriving and checking in, I soon saw that this hotel is an excellent overall value and I would highly recommend it. The 10 story open atrium gives an airy and soaring feel. The lush plants surrounding the lobby waterfall and meandering brook are lovely. The lobby is appealing with various seating areas connected by bridges over the stream. There is a cocktail lounge area with flat panel TV and a full service restaurant next to it.

The hotel staff and management are extremely friendly, courteous, helpful and seem genuinely interested in ensuring your happiness at their hotel.

The rooms are expansive, like an apartment. A large living area with a dining table, wet bar, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and 32" flat panel TV is separated from the bedroom area by an actual door that can be closed to separate the two large rooms. The bedroom area has a desk, large chest of drawers, seating area, king bed that was extremely comfortable with comfortable down pillows, and another 32" flat panel TV. A separate closet for clothes is in the room. The bath is plenty big with granite counters and top-of-the-line toiletries (Evelyn & Crabtree of London).

There is a Manager's Reception from 5:30-7:30pm every day in the lobby. I've never seen this in another hotel but this Embassy Suites offers unlimited cocktails, beer and wine with light nibbles during the Reception. A performer by the name of Dan provides live entertainment during the Reception and is excellent. The crowd responds to his varied repertoire of songs and he takes requests from people. Great performer! And great Happy Hour offering!

The hotel also provides the best free breakfast I have seen in any hotel across the country. Made-to-order omelettes are prepared in front of you with a variety of ingredient offerings. Just about anything you can imagine is available - potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, scrambled eggs, toast, English muffins, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, and on and on. All very good quality, fresh and hot. Excellent coffee, juices, and milk provided.

And everything in the breakfast is unlimited and included with your room rate! Evidently the breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 during the week and 7:00 to 10:00 on the weekend. I checked in Saturday evening and was told it would start at 6:30am Sunday morning .... went down at 6:30am and was told by the kitchen staff that it starts at 7:00am on the weekends. Not a big deal.

The negatives are relatively minor - the soaring atrium looks a little dated. The furniture in the rooms is not brand new but was in good condition and looked very presentable and was very functional. The only real drawback in the room was the carpet did have some stains on it and could have used a thorough steam cleaning. If the carpet were spotless the room would "look" better.

I rated this hotel as an excellent overall value. The many positives far outweigh the very few negatives. I greatly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for providing such a full and concise review of our hotel. I believe your review hit the proverbial naill n the head as it relates to a guest experience at our hotel. Our hotel is a bit older but we are slated for a $10m renovation in early 2013 and the new duds will be most impressive. Come see us again soon! David Norman, GM