I originally booked a hotel at the airport to save money, but reconsidered because I wanted to be in the heart of Nashville. This hotel was relatively cheap and close enough to the downtown area (but not walkable), so I booked it because the reviews were good and I got the AAA discount.
I figured it would be a typical Hampton Inn - clean enough, a little dark and dingy, but suitable for a short trip. I was mistaken! The hotel was immaculately clean, looked quite modern and fresh, and had a very friendly staff. They let us check in a little early which was nice. The free parking and breakfast were great perks, and it was only a 5-minute trip downtown. I felt so comfortable here. It was quiet, clean and comfy - more than I thought I'd be getting. The maid even left a nice note about the sheets being clean.
My only complaint is that the room price doubled on our last night for a reason that I didn't discover until I got to Nashville - the Music City Bowl. I get it, but not being a sports fan and not having gone to the game, the price increase was a bit irritating.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Nashville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place is located just one block from Vanderbilt University and less than one mile from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Baptist Hospital and Centennial Medical Center. Walk to more than 50 restaurants near our 157-room hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Savor 'meat with three' or a burger on French bread at Rotier's, popular with Vanderbilt students and locals for over sixty years. Enjoy a homemade milkshake at Elliston Place Soda Shop, another Nashville tradition, or a late-night bean roll at The Gold Rush, a legendary dining spot since 1974. Catch the Nashville Predators' hockey action at Bridgestone Arena or visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Music City offers many opportunities to listen to live music, from the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium to the famous Bluebird Cafe and Exit/In. Whether you're in Nashville on business or for a Vanderbilt homecoming or tournament at Centennial Sportsplex, you will enjoy our contemporary guest rooms with free WiFi access and 32-inch TVs. If you're in Nashville for an extended stay, reserve one of our 35 residential-style suites. Relax in the separate sitting area furnished with hardwood floors and a pull-out sofa. Prepare a meal in the kitchen equipped with a two-burner stove, microwave, full-size refrigerator and dishwasher. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Hampton Inn Elliston Place
- Nashville Hampton Inn