“Exceeded my expectations!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I originally booked a hotel at the airport to save money, but reconsidered because I wanted to be in the heart of Nashville. This hotel was relatively cheap and close enough to the downtown area (but not walkable), so I booked it because the reviews were good and I got the AAA discount.

I figured it would be a typical Hampton Inn - clean enough, a little dark and dingy, but suitable for a short trip. I was mistaken! The hotel was immaculately clean, looked quite modern and fresh, and had a very friendly staff. They let us check in a little early which was nice. The free parking and breakfast were great perks, and it was only a 5-minute trip downtown. I felt so comfortable here. It was quiet, clean and comfy - more than I thought I'd be getting. The maid even left a nice note about the sheets being clean.

My only complaint is that the room price doubled on our last night for a reason that I didn't discover until I got to Nashville - the Music City Bowl. I get it, but not being a sports fan and not having gone to the game, the price increase was a bit irritating.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 5, 2014

No complaints at all. Friendly staff, great service. The hotel is clean and updated and in a great location. We could hear some people in the hall way and in the room adjacent to our own but it was New Years Eve so I think that is to be expected and it wasn't too loud.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

IF your looking a place to stay that gives your the most bang for your bucks, stay here. Great beds, Hot shower, very clean quite room and a staff that makes you feel at home and if you need anything just ask. Thank you for a great stay.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My large family of 19 stayed at this property the weekend before Christmas. We needed 4 standard rooms and 2 suites, preferably all on the same floor, and the pleasant and efficient hotel staff (especially Mandy) made it happen! The hotel was very convenient to all of the locations that we visited during our stay, and many things were within walking distance. The rooms, especially the suites, were very nicely appointed, comfortable, and clean. One night our entire family met in the lobby for casual picture-taking, and the staff allowed us to move furniture around to accommodate our large group picture. The free parking and decent breakfast were just added bonuses. We have stayed at this property before and remembered it being nice, but this trip was even better than our memory served. We will definintely be back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was so nice to have a place to stay for a few days over the Christmas week in order to be close by my daughter who had to work over the holidays. And everyone there was so welcoming and accommodating. The lobby was very inviting with the fireplace to warm us when coming in from the cold.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very close to Vanderbilt University and a beautiful park where the Parthenon replica is located. Many restaurants within walking distance. Easy, short drive to honkeytonks, Hall of Fame Museum, Ryman, etc.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I will stay at this hotel each time I stay in Nashville. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The spacious room and building were well maintained. I enjoyed the nearby park and close proximity to downtown. The free parking and breakfast were a plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo