I just stayed here last week for a quick conference at Vandy. It was overall very nicely done. The front desk staff was very friendly and got everything taken care of in pretty short order. The hot breakfast every day was a clear perk and is one of the key selling features for Hampton Inn's. The location is absolutely impeccable in terms of proximity to not only Vandy, but also to Centennial Park, which is a lovely place to get some air and enjoy nature without going too far. It's also very convenient to a lot of really good food - including Calypso Cafe, which isn't on their recommended nearby food list, although it's QUITE good and very healthy.
My only complaints were in the details. For instance, while the bathroom was clean overall, there was definitely hair that didn't belong to me on the floor, and small pieces of trash that hadn't been completely cleaned up. The remote (and lapdesk they set it on) was a bit sticky, which as you might imagine, was less than ideal.
Other than that, I didn't have anything to complain about. A capital improvement that I think would be great is adding a pedestrian gate to the side entrance. Otherwise, you either have to walk out the front door (even though there are doors on either side of the building) or through the grass to get out to the side street (if you don't have a car). I thought that was a design oversight and should probably be addressed.
I would definitely recommend this as a wonderful location for proximity, hospitality and suitability for economical business travel. I would just suggest that they do a bit more spot-checking on their maintenance staff to make sure they are doing all the small things that make a hotel ascend from good to great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place is located just one block from Vanderbilt University and less than one mile from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Baptist Hospital and Centennial Medical Center. Walk to more than 50 restaurants near our 157-room hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Savor 'meat with three' or a burger on French bread at Rotier's, popular with Vanderbilt students and locals for over sixty years. Enjoy a homemade milkshake at Elliston Place Soda Shop, another Nashville tradition, or a late-night bean roll at The Gold Rush, a legendary dining spot since 1974. Catch the Nashville Predators' hockey action at Bridgestone Arena or visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Music City offers many opportunities to listen to live music, from the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium to the famous Bluebird Cafe and Exit/In. Whether you're in Nashville on business or for a Vanderbilt homecoming or tournament at Centennial Sportsplex, you will enjoy our contemporary guest rooms with free WiFi access and 32-inch TVs. If you're in Nashville for an extended stay, reserve one of our 35 residential-style suites. Relax in the separate sitting area furnished with hardwood floors and a pull-out sofa. Prepare a meal in the kitchen equipped with a two-burner stove, microwave, full-size refrigerator and dishwasher. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville - Vanderbilt - Elliston Place
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Hampton Inn Elliston Place
- Nashville Hampton Inn