“A little tired - but a good staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 20% Off*
Ranked #60 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Irving, United States
“A little tired - but a good staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is a little tired and the breakfast was less than I expect from Hampton Inn. Overall a quiet clean hotel with a helpful staff, but the hard beds and lackluster breakfast keep it from being a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Jackson, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Convenient to the airport with a courteous courtesy shuttle. Since I'm returning after 6 days they allowed me to park my vehicle in their parking lot at no extra charge. The front desk personnel are nice and helpful. I will be back

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had to wake up for a flight at 6:00 am for goodness sake!
When I got to the hotel- in the lobby - they had mini-cheesecake.
For such an early flight I needed to be close to the airport
The cheesecake was like little muffins squaty and short.
The Hampton Inn & Suites allowed me to sleep late and catch my flight
I'm telling you those little cheesecakes were out of sight.

As the aforementioned poem indicated they had little cheesecakes out in the lobby that made the stay better than anything I have experienced in my life. Just by staying there one night my rash was cleared up and I was able to memorize all of Homer's great works.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My family and I were simply blown away by the level of service and attention to detail shown by the manager and staff of this Hampton Inn. We were in town for the Nashville Marathon. They had FREE pasta bar set up downstairs the night before the race, and had breakfast out very early the morning of the race. Our room was clean, and the internet service was fast. But it was the level of service shown by every staff member with whom we interacted that really impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Niagara Area, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Friendly front Desk Staff, noise from water piles heard from other rooms, comfortable bed, good size room. Just minutes from Nashville Airport. Would stay at this porperty again if using airport. Did not stay for breakfest due to early flight.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Though I stay fairly often in Hilton properties, I often tend to avoid Hampton properties because they rarely have the level of service or amenities I'm looking for compared to similarly-priced Hilton properties nearby. This is a great Hampton property, though, compared to others I've tried.

We were in town for the Nashville marathon and we booked this property because it was still available, I had a $25 Amex credit if I stayed at a Hampton, and it was close to the event (within 10 minutes of downtown). Because of the event, rooms were about $190 a night. This is a ridiculous price point for this type of property (I'd normally never pay that for this hotel), but less so than what they were asking for downtown.

The staff that greeted us after a long travel day Friday was friendly and warm. They stood out as being welcoming right off the bat. The hotel had a complimentary pasta bar (we're runners, though, no trying something new the night before a race!) that seemed to be enjoyed by many, and the rooms were clean and nicely maintained. The bathroom of our room could have been touched up in places but nothing that most people won't notice or care about.

The breakfast is solid for a free hotel breakfast. It's standard continental with scrambled eggs, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, and potatoes. Cereals and breads, oatmeal, and a few other things round it out. We didn't have breakfast the first morning, but did grab some small bites on the way out the door early and it was fine. On the second day, we got there 30 minutes before the breakfast ended. We managed to get all we needed, but the man who was running breakfast was already putting away many of the things people wanted - no more waffle batter, no more fruit, potatoes were gone and he didn't want to get more bread for some guests. It was stark in contrast to the front desk staff who welcomed us.

My only complaint, which has since been addressed by the general manager of the hotel was when the blow dryer fell apart mid-use. The cage on the back just fell off and it tangled up in my hair, causing it to smoke! I had to CUT my hair to get it out of the hair dryer. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel necessarily. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk person she didn't even have so much as an apology or empathy. She just called housekeeping, who brought up another one. The "new" one had a big crack in it by the motor, so at that point, I just let it go and decided to not use the blow dryer.

Overall it was a good stay. It was overpriced for the event, but we expected that no matter where we chose to stay. I would stay at this property again, but only if my other choices, like the Starwood or Hilton options closer to town were too expensive or booked.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
King, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Love Hampton Inn! Stayed in suite here, sofa was thread bare and had issue with microwave not working properly, otherwise satisfied. Even though I gave room average rating everything beside the sofa and microwave was great!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family