“Dirty and unmaintained”

Ranked #119 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Milton, Wisconsin
“Dirty and unmaintained”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Dirty room. Dirty ripped chair. Light bulbs missing. Shower faucet coming off. Stains on wall. Breakfast was not hot even though thats what the sign said hanging above the breakfast area. Not a great value for the price. We stated at a Days Inn Choice hotel in Spartanburg SC for the same price and it was clean and had a hot breakfast.
We would never stay at this Nashville EconoLodge again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2008

AAA would not guarantee this hotel as this chain is not rated by AAA - (Now I know why)

I rented a suite with 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 children. Our first shower revealed a completely plugged bathtub drain (we also had a slow sink drain). I went to the front desk and requested assistance. The lady there told me there was nothing she could do and I'd have to tell the manager in the morning. I became upset because that would do me no good now. I used my own tweezers to clean the handful of rotting black/slimy hair out of the drain, put it in toilet paper and took it back to her. I later realized they only gave me 2 towels and 2 washcloths. I went back to her and asked for 2 more of each since I paid for 4 people. She said she couldn't help me and didn't have access to towels and I would have to tell the manager in the morning. I told her that would do me no good since I wanted to take a shower now. She told me that she is not the person to complain to because it is out of her control. I became more upset at this and told her she works the front desk... I have no one else to go to and complain. I then demanded that she open up an empty room to get me 2 towels and 2 washcloths out, since I paid for 4 people, I should have 4 towels. She responded by telling me, "You can't demand anything from me, and expect me to help you." I told her I do demand that from her because those are minimum expectations for a hotel to provide that amenity. I told her I wasn't leaving until she retrieved the towels and washcloths from an empty room, which she did only after finishing her cigarette and took a phone call while I watched. She told the person on the other end of the line, "We'll I do have a small problem here and the gentlemen is taking it out on me". After she got off the phone I corrected her and said I am not taking anything out on her, but she is the front desk and she is responsible for addressing this small issue. I later told her I was so disgusted with the experience, I wanted a refund, to which she responded by saying again, I'd have to talk to the manager in the morning, who would be in at 6 am. We popped popcorn in the microwave and the microwave plate inside melted to the popcorn bag and stunk up the whole room. I noticed it was not a standard plate, it was a plastic plate that wasn't even microwave safe. This hotel allows pets. The guy in the next room had a barbecue and loud music from the pickup truck bed and let his doberman run all over the place scaring my kids to death as we unpacked or went outside. The dead bolt on the room was also broken and worthless. I went to the front desk in the morning and guess what.... the manager was not there. The front desk person, who was differenct this time said guess what.... I'd have to come back when the manager was in, which was long after I was out of town to my next destination. After I returned home, I did call the manager who answered the phone, told him the problem and the most he did was take $20 off my bill and a good discount when I stay there the next time. If I'd received a full refund, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to write this review. Trust me, I'll find a better value somewhere else. The best value isn't always the best value.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Never never land
Reviewed July 1, 2008

DO NOT stay at this nasty hovel even if you have a free room night…..run down, unsavory characters, place stinks, rude desk people, giant dust bunnies, dirty sink, walls been painted dozens of time, moldy bath…makes the Bates Motel look like The Ritz!

• Liked — when i left!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 4, 2007

Stayed here in April while on vacation. We were looking for a room close to the airport. Not a great choice. Not very clean and in need of updating. Breakfast was awful! Would definetely choose more wisely next time.I guess you get what you pay for!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple