“Very pleased -- great value!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport
Ranked #30 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Tennessee
“Very pleased -- great value!”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

After seeing mixed reviews on this website, I was a tad skeptical of our upcoming stay at the Homewood Suites, Nashville airport.
I booked the hotel on-line for these reasons: we've had generally good experiences with Hilton properties in the past, free hot breakfast, proximity to LP Field, AAA rate of $89 over July 4th holiday weekend, and a two room suite.
Upon arrival, the front desk staff was extrememly nice at check in. They even gave me a bag of goodies and said I had been randomly chosen to be the "guest of the day". Inside was some single-serving bags of cookies, patriotic cups, and some karmel-korn mix along with a nice card, hand-written saying that if I needed anything to make my stay more pleasant, to let them know. Nice touch, and completely unexpected.
The room was very clean. The only thing we used in the kitchen was the fridge, so I can't comment on the utensils and such. King bed was very comfortable.
The hotel was sold out over the weekend, but there was still plenty of parking and no noise in the hallways. Breakfast was nice, nothing to write home about, but it was free and was great not having to drive somewhere to eat breakfast. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, muffins, cereal, bagels, yogurt, bananas, oranges, etc. etc.
The pool is in the center of the 3 story hotel, so it gets limited sun. It was quite cold.
And yes, it is true that the hotel is directly under the flight path for jets landing at the airport, so close that you can see in detail which airline it is as it flies over your head every 5 minutes or so while sitting out at the pool area. But, we never heard them at night.
Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. The staff was nice, maid service was good, no problems with anything. We came for the Kenny Chesney concert at LP field, and It was a great value for a couple nights in town. I would recommend.

• Liked — great value for a two room king suite, nothing spectacular -- but a good clean room
  • Disliked — It was great for what we needed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Santa Ana, CA
Reviewed July 3, 2008

This was the worst this year. I stayed here last year and didn't have the problems we had this year. The gym equipment was broken, The pool was closed the entire week because they did not have a permit. This was the first week of 90* temps. The water in all of the facets had a strong bleach order. They offered to change my room however, that goes to show the intelligence of the employees. I guess they think the water comes in with it's own water source for each room! I had to make a couple trips down stairs to get toilet paper and coffee which apparently the maid couldn't replenish until we left a note with tip. Their web site advertises this facility as an “ upscale , all-suite property that caters to the needs of the extended stay guest”. It sure didn't cater to any of our needs. The food was poor at best. The eggs tasted like watered down mystery mix???? Then our final night, we had these lovely notices under our doors telling us that the water would be turned off from 11pm until 5 am the next morning by the City. It was not the city who shut off the water it was a private plumbing contractor hired by the hotel to do maintenance on the pipes at the rear of the hotel. Then about 1 AM the Fire alarms started going off due to the welding that the plumbers were doing and it continued several times that the Fire Department paid us a visit. It was quite the pajama party in the lobby NOT! The smell was awful throughout the hotel. Many guest were down there complaining because they had early flights and were not going to have water to shower or any sleep. The hotel management was horrible they offered to comp one night and then didn't take it off the bill during check out. So again another process to get at least one night credit but still not satisfied with the handling of these problems. Oh and what was most reassuring was when the manager said that they would put the fire alarm in test mode so it wouldn't continue to go off and if there really was a fire they would call all 120 rooms. Now if I'm not mistaken there's a good chance that the phone lines wouldn't work either and how long would it take to call 120 rooms. What a ridicules statement. I guess their guests our important and disposable. On June 9th I called guest relations and filed a complaint. On June 20th I received a response with no result. I sent another email on June 20th and 27th with no response either. Today I was finally fed up and called for a supervisor. Finally someone would listen to my concerns. Loretta was great she listened, was genuine in her apology which was what I really wanted to hear. Originally I decided not to ever visit a Hilton property again however, after speaking with Loretta I decided that I would try another one the next time I'm in Nashville. I would not recommend this property at all!

Stayed June 2008
seattle wa
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel before and were very satisified. This stay the hotel was very dirty. The pool was closed because it had not been inspected. The exercise equiptment was not working.We notified the staff on the first day, but nothing was done. We stayed 6 nights and booked three seperate rooms. We had a large group going to the CMA music festival. Our last night was the worst. On Sunday morning a note was passed under our door saying the water would be off from 11PM until 5AM by the city of Nashville. When we returned from our last night at LP field our water was indeed off but the plumbers in the parking lot were not city workers but private plumbers. The fire alarms started going off at 1 AM and continued to go off and on for over an hour until many of the guests( Including myself) were in the lobby with our PJ's on.. The fire department came as well. The plumbers kept setting them off with their welding torches. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and would not give us any information. Finally a manager showed up and we were told that they would put the fire alarms in test mode. When asked what this meant they stated the alams wouldn't go off in the rooms. They stated they would call each room if there was a real fire, all 120 of them. To say the least many of us were frightened by that statement. The smell from the welding was making many guests sick that were close to the work area. Their resolution was to give us, The complainers, one free night.. When we checked out the next day they failed to deduct that night until we complained again. We made a formal complaint to the cooperate office but they haven't addressed this with us since. I would ever stay at this hotel again!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of service bad food
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Very pleasant suites hotel in suburban Nashville, about 1 mile from airport and 7 miles from downtown Nashville.

Very clean, nice size rooms with living room, entirely separated bedroom and bath, kitchenette. Kitchenette was excelent with smaller but full size fridge, icemaker, dishwasher, disposal, microwave, toaster, pots and pans, etc. Nothing missing. No smells of cooking from other rooms.

Bedroom was excellent. TV in BR and LR. Couch folds out if needed.

Outdoor swimming pool in interior courtyard. Excellent front desk service. I hadn't realized they allowed smoking and had failed to book a non-smoking room. Once I realized this they readily moved me to a new room.

One caution. This is very close to the airport. I din't hear any planes all night. But we were right under the flight path as we ate breakfast in their courtyard. Speaking of breakfast - wonderful complimentary breakfast including hot goods (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, biscuits and gravy on the days I was there). I was never there for it but they also have an early evening "reception".

• Disliked — good price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
St. Louis
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We spent about 5 days here while visiting the usual Nashville sites. Check-in was very good and the front desk personnel seemed pleasant and informative at onset. However that seemed to deteriorate throughout our stay. It appeared the employees, for the most part, were unhappy with their working environment as they spent all their free time either out front of the entrance or back in the swimming pool area smoking and complaining. We are avid non-smokers and this really turned me off. Just the sight of their discontented appearance and all the smoking gave a very bad impression. They were not young kids either, so it was not something you normally would expect for their age group. We never requested room service, just did a towel exchange and even took our own trash to the housekeeping staff so am not sure what to expect in that area, while they were always pleasant for the little bit I dealt with them in exchanging towels and trash. The room was what I call "sneaky dirty". I am so picky and a real clean freak, but while it looked okay on the surface, the rugs appeared stained in places, the comforters were in poor shape and had a few spots. Towels and such seemed okay, bathroom was okay. The kitchen area looked swiped over, nothing really to put my finger on as far as seeing filth by any means, just looking worn/raggy in areas. The daily breakfast was filling, but the same each day and the evening snack/light meal would suffice, but our teenage son thought of it as more of a before dinner snack - to each his own on that one - neither were spectacular. Overall I think if things continue to go in this direction it could be really bad news for this place. I can't say we wouldn't stay here again , but more than likely not or only as a last choice option.

• Liked — The appearance of the lobby
  • Disliked — Smoking, complaining employees
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I chose this hotel for it's proximity to the airport and if that is a key criteria for you, this is a really good option. As for the hotel itself it is good, but not spectacular. It has all the right amenities, WiFi, Gym, hot breakfast, and a light snack at night. But at the price, there are some other options, like the Embassy Suites, that are nicer. And that is why I give this a 3 out of 5. Nothing wrong with the hotel, the staff and property are all good, just that at the price I would expect more.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GA
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I know I am in trouble when I have to grapple with opening heavy front doors and trying to get 2 suitcases in, all the while the front desk staff are watching me. The room needs updating, the TV's are old and small. The breakfast food was awful with powdered scrambled eggs, microwaved biscuits, and cut up fruit that was not too fresh. I am a Hilton Platinum member and stay frequently at Homewood Suites. I will not be returning to this one however.

• Liked — Close to Opryland Mills Mall
  • Disliked — Needs updating and better food
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business