“Homerun at Homewood”

Ranked #29 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Dallas, Texas
“Homerun at Homewood”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have just become a very big fan of Homewood Suites. After driving all day from Dallas, my best friend and I pulled in to Nashville exhausted. We were greeted at the desk by someone who actually seemed glad to see us. It was hospitality hour, so we drug ourselves over thinking we'd get a glass of cheap wine and some pretzels. Super shock! There was Chicken and Tortellini in Cream Sauce, Green Peas with Mushrooms, Caesar Salad, Breadsticks and a very nice Pinot Grigio.

We were only in Nashville for the night and discussed the possibility of doing a little sightseeing. The nice lady at the desk said their shuttle would be glad to deliver us over to Opryland or anywhere else in the area, but we were just too tired. We opted for a second glass of wine and the deliciously warm chocolate cookies. We found a couple of comfortable chairs and caught up on the national news, both on the TV and with the free newspapers.

Up in our room we were even happier. The front room had a full kitchen, including a full sized frig. Not to mention, coffee, tea and popcorn. The counter between the kitchen and the den would serve as a place to eat, but it was also great for dropping tote bags and purses. The den was attractive and comfortable. We got into our pj's and lounged.

The bedroom and bath were great, too. The vanity was outside the bath, so two people could get ready at once. The closet was generous, had plenty of hangers and lots of extra linens. The beds were comfortable and we had more pillows than we knew what to do with.

Breakfast the next morning was generous. I'm not a fan of scrambled eggs, but most people are. There were eggs, sausage and I think, potatoes. But there was also cereal, fruit yogurt, etc. If there was anything lacking it was pastries. There was white bread, bagels and cinnamon bread, but since I don't do eggs, I was hoping for something in the baked goods department.

This truly was a homerun. We came in exhausted and woke up ready to face another day of driving. I wish we'd had more time to enjoy all the amenities. We never made it to the pool or the workout room. We wanted to take the shuttle to see some sights. This would be a great hotel for a long stay and you could actually sleep five.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jane S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kentucky
Reviewed May 30, 2013

When I returned to my room late Saturday night, there were no parking spots left - except in the back of the hotel, which was remote and had several guys sitting on cars and drinking while they eyed everyone coming through. I felt very unsafe at this hotel, and it was a sleepless night worrying about the safety of my car. Breakfast was very poor compared with other Homewood's I've stayed in - they usually have wafflemakers, while this one had reheated French toast. There are tons of hotels in this area, and based on my experience I think you can find a better alternative.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Earl9371
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We decided to celebrate my sisters 18th birthday at a suite and host a hookah party.Everything thing was great until about 2 in the morning when roaches decided to join the celebration...yes disgusting bugs! ewwww we paid 140 dollars for this suite and bugs were crawling on our luggage no way.We took pictures and brought it to the attn of management and they just said we will clean the room. How disgusting! It took forever for them to agree on giving me my money back, then they said they didnt have enough so it had to be sent in a check...have I recieved it yet??...NO! very unprofessional and even more gross they have huge bugs roaming their kitchens...will never recommend to anyobe...btw this was the nashville,tn airport location on elm hill pike.

• Stayed May 2013
Little Rock, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is an excellent property for the price range. It is clean and comfortable with plenty of room to relax and ample work spaces. Good parking and security. Close to the airport with easy access to the interstates.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank S Jean A
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you want to avoid all of the madness of downtown but want to be close then this is a good hotel. Everything was nice a clean and the staff was very helpful as well. This was a good hotel and we would have no problems staying here again if we were ever back in Nashville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie S
Concord, NC, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are visiting Nashville, you will not be disappointed and you will come back, I am glad I chose this hotel and I will definitely come back for another visit, I rate this hotel a 10

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Carla H
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been fans of Homewood Suites hotels for many years. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you do have a problem with your suite, they are ready to solve the problem. We love that the bedroom is separated from the living room because my husband is usually up in the morning before I am and he can close the doors and read or watch TV without waking me. The breakfast and evening reception meals are very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple