“Clean and near attractions!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean and near attractions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter and I came to Nashville just to see a certain performer at the Grand Ole Opry. I was having a hard time finding an affordable room in town until I considered Homewood Suites, and it was a pleasant surprise! The lobby area was very clean and the staircase and high ceilings and glass was a nice welcome. We had our choice of upstairs or down and we chose upstairs. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated; loved the calming colors! She took the king bed and I slept on the sofa sleeper, which was comfy enough. There was a microwave and burners, dishwasher, fridge, sink, and cabinets stocked with pots, pans and utensils. We didn't utilize this area since we were there only one night, but can see how convenient it would be for the business traveler. We each got ready for the night's concert at the same time with our own separate mirrors, which was nice. The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is because my daughter wanted to take a shower at 5 in the morning and the water would only get lukewarm so she had to wait an hour and a half, so our morning was a bit late-going. Also, the doors have a good-sized space beneath which allowed for the many voices in the hallway at 6 a.m. from a busload of guests congregating to permeate our room. This would be a real problem if we weren't already awake. We did not have breakfast there, so cannot comment on that, but it did smell good! There is also a big tv in the lobby area behind the stairs with a sofa for lounging, and a patio outside with nice landscaping and pool. There are also two computers in the executive room which was helpful to check on email and FB. Overall, a nice experience at this hotel, and we would stay again.

• 4 of 5 stars
Josh G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. I am glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed our hotel and it's amenities. I am also glad to hear you got to visit the Grand Ole Opry just a few miles away. I hope you will come see us again next time you are in the Nashville area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
driggs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the size of the rooms and the fact we had a living room to hang out in. Breakfasts were ok, enough to get going in the morning including eggs and sausage fruit and cereal. Centrally located to every attraction we went to

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad that you found the hotel to be satisfactory for your needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Osgood, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed for one night as we were heading to the airport the next morning. We were pleasantly suprised with how wonderful our whole experience with Homewood Suites. The hotel was very nice, clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was VERY helpful! We had all kinds of questions in regards to directions to the airport and every single one was promptly answered. The staff was VERY friendly!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Epworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the front desk clerk Catherine was so helpful but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. The management is so rude!!!! Teresa is rude and a racist. The front desk clerk Del Marie was very rude and acting like me asking a couple questions was an inconvenience to her. She rolled her eyes and acted like she didn't even want me or my family there. Teresa the manager was not helpful and deserves to be fired for the way she treated me and my family.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Josh G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with our Manager being rude towards you. This is totally unacceptable and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

During my recent stay at this hotel, I was greeted by Del Marie. The best way to describe her interactions with myself and other guests were curt ( borderline rude). She was verbally saying the right things but her body language, rolling of eyes etc., showed that asking too many questions was an inconvenience to her. When I first entered the room and did a quick walk through, In the bathroom on the floor behind the toilet was a large reddish orange stain. Not knowing what the stain was, I took a photo and immediately went downstairs to have this problem addressed.
At the front desk, I again encountered Del Marie, who was rudely talking to a guest on the phone who was having computer login issues. If the guest only knew how much she rolled her eyes during that conversation, they would have been highly upset. At one point while still on the phone with this guest, (she DID NOT place the guest on hold), she addressed my concerns. I was perfectly fine, waiting my turn. HOW RUDE!

Frustrated with the whole situation, I proceeded downstairs for the nightly reception. Please note that you must get there within the first 30 minutes of the reception if you want any food. The food was not replenished . We therefore went into town for dinner. Where we got superb service.

Upon returning to the hotel, I asked Del Marie if someone was able to look at the stain in the bathroom. She rudely responded that it was taken care of.

Special Note: I noticed on many reviews that people complained about the stains on the silk duvet. As anyone knows, it is hard to get stains out of silk. The only way to avoid the silk stains is to ask guest NOT to put on lotion,etc, while sitting in the bed to avoid the stains. While the silk duvets are pretty, they just aren't a practical expense for a hotel.

The next morning, I was genuinely greeted by Rosa. I wish that Rosa was the forst person I encountered. She was fantastic!

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Josh G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Mesa, AZ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I refer to stay in Hilton hotels for their quality. I stayed in a King suite, It was very comfortable for myself and my 2 kids to relax at night. If I could change anything it would be the complimentary breakfast. It was ok, nothing outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Josh G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you and your children found the suite to be relaxing and comfortable. We are currently working to upgrade both our Breakfast and Dinner menus with a variety of new items. I hope you will come back and visit soon so you can let us know what you think of the new menus.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have had such good experiences with Homewood that this was a let down. Issues like odd room smell, cracked granite, noisy ventilation, and general worn appearance detracted from some of the usual amenities of this hotel line. Perhaps got a "bad room" - hard to know.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.