“Hotel needs some TLC”

Ranked #29 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Arkansas
“Hotel needs some TLC”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We've staying at this Homewood Suites since it was new and have always enjoyed it. Sadly, it is in need of some TLC and renovation, although still a good place to stay. The carpet is old and poses a tripping hazard. The stairwells are musty and they are badly in need of automatic front doors. It makes it a challenge to push their rickedly, old luggage carts through the double sets of doors. The manager's special and breakfast is still very good as are the rooms. Hilton, spend some money on this place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mllopez, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We understand your concerns and happy to tell you that we have plans to do renovations before the end of the year to address some of these issues. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Nashville area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Columbus, Oh
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We decided to spend our anniversary in Nashville this year, and we had a wonderful time even though it rain almost the entire time we were there. The hotel staff was very friendly. We really enjoyed the breakfast, and watching the manager interact with the guests. I have stayed at many 4-5 star hotels and few have had this level of personal customer service. Our room was perfect. The only problem we had was the front doors-a little tricky with a lot of luggage. We are planning seveal return trips and this will be our first choice for accommodations.

• Stayed September 2011
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We are big fans of Homewood Suites and this one lived up to our expectations in every way. The rooms are very tasteful and clean, with a comfortable sitting room and kitchen and a completely separate bedroom and bath. Along with a breakfast buffet, they have a "light" evening dinner reception that includes wine and beer. The night we were there they served pasta, salad, and bread sticks which were tasty and filling and a big open seating area where we had no problem finding a table. They offer a free shuttle service to the airport which is only minutes away, but no airport noise at all. Big thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank npquest
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Myself and a friend flew up to help my son which attends Belmont University move home for the summer. The first thing when I checked in, I was told that they did not have a room like I had reserved (2 beds) they only have a King suite because the person's in my room that I reserved decided to stay another day! So not enough beds for the three people we had..but what can you do...I was using my Hilton Points and needed the room! What happened to the day you told your customer... well you will have to move to another room, because I have a "Hilton Honor" member that has reserved this room for the next 4 nights if you want to extend your stay??? I stay at Hilton all the time...and have never been treated like this at any other!

Secondly- WE get into the room and the ice maker does not work...I called down stairs and they said they would get it fixed while we were down at the University to start the move...but guess what? DID NOT HAPPEN! So I called back down the next morning and this time I was told... quote...."come by the front desk and I will give you some bags so that you can get ice on the first floor.".....WHAT... I am on the 9th floor and he wants me..the CUSTOMER...THE HILTON GOLD MEMBER... to go get and drag my own ice from the first floor every time I run out... That is one reason I stayed here was the rooms have fridges with ICE MAKERS!

The food was aweful and the person's at the first desk need some lessons in dealing with the public. I will never stay here again and believe me I travel to Nashville many times a year, not only because of my son goes to school there, but for business trips as well... Actually will be back in August for both...so to sum it all up... I SPENT GOOD MONEY FOR THOSE BONUS POINTS AND I WANT THEM BACK !!!!

Room Tip: Stay away completely!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank stoddybo
Mllopez, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities and services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and we’ll be reaching out to you to make this right.
Woodway, TX
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We love Homewood Suites. This one had all the amenities we expected--great breakfast, plus evening food on certain days, easy check-in and out, etc. However, I agree with the comments made by others that Hilton definitely needs to invest their dollars in a remodel job. The entry definitely needs automatic doors, and the carpet needs replacing. Also, our room had a curtain in the main room with holes in it that could be seen through. This would not keep me from staying at Homewood Suites, but I might think again about staying at this one until some updates are done.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mllopez, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with some of our amenities. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our hotel and guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Helena, Mt
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Hotel was in a safe and clean area not far from airport. Very nice outdoor pool area,although we didn't have time to use it. Staff were okay, but were not overly outgoing or friendly. The hot breakfast was so-so since the selection was somewhat limited. They ran out of potatoes and didn't replenish, even though we were there 45 minutes before the end of breakfast time. Breakfast area and lobby were nice, spacious and clean. We stayed on a Sunday night so weren't able to evaluate their evening meals. Would definitely stay again if was in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is our first stay at a Homewood Suites and we were impressed. Our room was spotless and spacious. The bedding and pillows were perfect. The full sized fridge and freezer helped, we never used the stove. I loved having USA Today at my door when I got up, plus I was able to buy a Nashville paper at the front desk. Breakfast was great, with a good selection daily. Hot items rotated daily and saved us $20 a morning.

We went to Nashville for CMA Fest and did not want to get a second mortgage to stay downtown, this hotel was about a 10 minute drive and the low cost far outweighed the drive time. We are booked for the same week in 2012, this hotel is impressive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family