“Just awful. Truly.”

Ranked #136 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Clifton, Virginia
“Just awful. Truly.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Somehow, my original review disappeared, so resubmitting. We booked a room at this property to wait out a layover in Nashville on our way out of the country on vacation.

There really needs to be a major overhaul of this property; this is an ower issue, in my opinion. By reading responses to other reviews, it sounds like renovations are occurring little by little. It also sounds like rooms are being assigned (and have been for quite some time) which are not ready for prime time. We may have gotten one of those...it was awful. There was a great big dark stain on the carpet which caught our immediate attention the moment we unlocked the door. We wondered if something had died there. With a carpet that dirty and stained, we did not feel comfortable removing our shoes. The cigarette smell was overpowering. In the bathroom I used, some animal (probably a dog) had clawed the door and chewed big chunks out of the door frame...it was not repaired; it had simply been painted over. We didn't use the kitchen, but noticed things missing, like stove knobs. In the room where we tried to sleep, there is a regular, loud popping noise that occurs all through the night; it was very frustrating. We asked for a wakeup call from the front desk that never came. (That was okay, though, as we couldn't sleep; we finally gave up in the middle of the night and sat in the living room with the door wide open, hoping to catch fresher air to breathe.) We paid for transit to the airport both ways, though we had been promised when we made the reservations that a free shuttle was available. The shuttle driver confirmed that the trip used to be free, but the hotel no longer pays his vouchers and passes the costs to the customers.

On a lesser note, but still important, the furnishings are really outdated and uncomfortable. They served their purpose, but were far lesser in quality than what we are used to. We cancelled our reservation there for the return trip and rebooked at Hyatt Place. At Hyatt Place, the furnishings were updated and beautiful, the rooms were exceptionally clean, there was free shuttle service to and from the airport (less than 5 mins away), and a delicious continental breakfast. Incredibly, Hyatt Place actually cost us LESS money than we were originally charged at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites.

My husband did call the front desk to talk about the condition of the suite while we were there. The night manager offered to send someone to clean it again, but our daughter had dropped off to sleep in her room and we needed her to rest before our early morning flight. We cleaned as best as we could, but there are some things that couldn't be cleaned well, like the stained bathtub liners. (So we showered in our flip flops.) The manager in the morning was apologetic, and later our bill was adjusted a bit.

We will never stay there again, but hopefully our feedback will help lead to improvements which may help turn things around there. The owner needs to step up and renovate from the ground up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I believe it was rejected by Trip Advisor!~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We booked our room via a promo on our airlines website. (I should preface this by noting we stayed for one night and they refunded our second) I had previously read some reviews but figured since the manager of the hotel replied to most saying the reported issues were resolved that maybe it would be ok. WRONG!
Fisrt, the lobby was ok...we looked into the courtyard to find their pool completely drained. Upon checking in they told us to drive around to the back as it was the closest parking spaces to our room. When we parked I noticed that the fence surrounding the lot was completely dilapidated as was most of the building.

We tried to remain optimistic but upon entering the room we immediately noticed the stake cigarette smell even though we were told it was a smoke free room.
Then I looked in the bathroom.. I found someone's public hair in the toilet as well as hair covering the towels. I know it wasn't mine as it was back and I am blonde... The ceiling in the bathroom looks as though it will cave in from water damage at any moment.

Even at this point we tried to suck it up and stay. The deciding factor was the 2 hours of sleep my husband and I managed to get because the hotel was so loud.

I'm sure the manager will say that because the hotel was busy due to the Nashville marathon today that it was the reason we had such a horrible room. From reading all the previous reviews I guarantee this is not the issue.

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. You truly get what you pay for with this place!

Off to take a shower in our new CLEAN hotel room 14 miles away from that place!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Miss_New_Haven
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Before I decided to comment on your review..
Myself and our Maintenance Manager took a walk around our building.
We both felt your accusation to be untrue,
when you wrote and I quote;
"I noticed that the fence surrounding the lot was completely dilapidated as was most of the building."
Our fence around our building is quite strongly built and is not falling down at all.. I wondered why you would have said this about our hotel, as our building is made of BRICK.. how on earth could it be "Completely Dilapidated?"

In reference to your comments about me.. and the way I respond to my reviews..
I do feel in this case, you are being a little judgmental and it is wise, for future reference not to prejudge the method of which I respond to each individual review...

I see by your review.. you weren't happy with the room, you wanted to leave, you didn't leave.. you didn't ask for a room move.. you finally left as the hotel was busy & sold out that night,

We even gave you a refunded for your stay.. Hey... what more could you want from us?

We are not a brand new hotel...if we were, I must certainly, be charging, over $299 a night.. for the Nashville Marathon Weekend!~
We are an older hotel full of charm, great service... and value starting at only $59 a night..
unlike other hotels which are $150 plus..
Our pool was being prepped, for the summer, last week, now it is completed..
full of sparkling clear water..

I really don't have anymore to say about this review.. other then.. thank you for reading all my responses to all reviews..
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We booked our rooms 2 months in advance we got here for St pattys day weekend and they have no records for our rooms in the computer.. They have horrible customer service no cots in the rooms no sofa it's a joke

• Stayed March 2014
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for reviewing..

Actually I do remember you, at the front desk lobby, I spoke with you regarding cots and sofas.. I told you that in the single rooms, of our King Studios, this is only one room with no sofa.. however if you wanted to upgrade you could have a sofa.. though we were busy that weekend. I did offer you a higher price to upgrade for all 5 in your party.. our capacity for singles is only two people, hence why we would not offer Cots..

Sorry You decided, not to take my offer.. we did refund your money and sent you on your way..

I do hope you had a nice St. Patrick's day weekend.
indepence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We just stayed here to celebrate our marriage. When manager found out it was our honeymoon he moved us to hot tub room free of charge. It made our stay much more memorable. Staff was super nice and breakfast was good as well. Great value for the money

• Stayed February 2014
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

I'm so glad you spent these precious memories with us at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites.
We strive to keep our customers happy.. and when they are happy, it makes all the difference.
Our professions in the hospitality business, becomes so much more easier, when we 'WOW" our guests and make them feel important and cared for..

I'm so glad our Manager Mickey did that for you,
upgrading you, complimentary to our Jacuzzi suite. I remember being upgraded to Fist class on an airplane for my honeymoon free of charge, and that feeling still sticks with me.. so I will give a big Kudos to Mickey for doing that for you both..

I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, serving either Belgium waffles or Tennessee Southern biscuits & gravy.. though it says just continental.. we do try to put some hot items on the menu every day.. you can't beat a free breakfast included in the price..

Again thank you so very much for your high scores and beautiful wonderful review.. we are deeply honored that you had such memorable memories with us at our hotel.. It's such a blessing to read this review..

Congratulations once again.. looking forward to seeing you again next year..
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel was decent enough. Rooms were a little outdated but clean. The location was close to the airport which was perfect for our group since we had an early flight. One night we went downtown with the shuttle the hotel recommended, Monarch Transporters. The price was good but the driver was not helpful at all about the city and was even texting while driving!! The shuttle service was probably the worst part! Overall the hotel was just ok

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank B
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us.. and I'm really glad you brought this to my attention with regards to the Shuttle Service we use..

To me, it is not acceptable for any person to be texting, whilst sitting in the driver's seat.. let alone whilst driving.. so if you don't mind, I will be having words with the owner of this company.. whom is a dear friend of mine.. to make him aware of this concern. and I'm sure He will mandate some new rules for all his drivers.

Thank you also for giving us great scores on the cleanliness of our suites and also on our wonderful location.. we are just minuets from the Airport which makes it so convenient for all travelers needing to get early flights..

We look forward to your return..
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Service was great, I spoke to a Manager who was more than helpful in helping me get set up with everything in advance. They also have a nice shuttle service to the airports. Pricing was definitely reasonable. I would definitely recommend them if your going to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DnK5
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We really appreciate your recommendation and thank you so much for reviewing us this week..
I'm so glad that we have met your expectations as a hotel and it's a great feeling to know you find us to be a 'Great' Hotel.

Our management team certainly tries to help as best they can.. so thank you for complimenting them, we always appreciate great feed back and your review says it all..

I really do appreciate your high scores you gave us.. it's such a blessing to read wonderful reviews such as yours..

Happy Valentines Day.
Kenton-on-Sea, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

When we go to Nashville for a short getaway we always try to stay at this hotel. This is not the Hilton, but it is a good bang for your buck. We simply need a place where we can lay our head. This hotel always meets our expectations. It is not in a sketchy neighborhood, and the staff always addresses any concerns we may have. The last time we stayed, Trisha scheduled a taxi for us. She made sure when we hit the downtown that night we had plenty of reliable taxi service numbers. We are planning our next concert trip for February and once again, we will be staying here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
What a really nice compliment you shared about me and our spacious warm hotel, you are most certainly right in sharing that, when visitors coming to Nashville want value in their well earned dollar, to look no farther then Nashville Airport in & Suite..

Indeed, we are in Nashville a favorite by residents and guest.. who feel the same as you.. when it comes to getting bang for their buck, they discover that our suites are spacious, more so then an average hotel room.

They find having an iron/iron board in they rooms makes all the difference.

They adore the free Wifi where most hotel charge $5 bucks a day..

They enjoy a complimentary breakfast included in their price..

They like the fact that they have their own laundry room, should they wish refresh they traveling clothes,

They appreciate having their own private study desk in their rooms for late night social media..

And yes, for sure, our location is one of the best in Nashville, we less then a mile from the Airport,
about 3 minuet drive to the Grand Ol Orpy, the Opry Mills Mall.. Percy Priest Lake, Nashville Shores,
and less then 15 minuets from Downtown Nashville.

I could go on and on with all the benefits that Nashville Airport Inn & Suites have to offer.. but I will end with the very words of you..

If You want.. the "Best Bang For Your Buck!!!!!" Look no farther then