“One of the worst!”

Ranked #140 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the worst!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked 2 rooms with the assumption it would be a nice clean place, it was not it was disgusting. And they have a pool it closes at 8 pm in the summer before its even dark? I have stayed in Hotels all over the US all the Hotels I have ever stayed at, polls open until 10 pm with the exception of winter. It is hot muggy and we all worked later and came back hoping to relax and take a dip. The counter top in our room has broken pieces on the counter. The bathroom door would not close all the way and it had hair or something stuck along the bottom, its gross. And they cleaned the room but the only made one bed. We will advise you NOT to stay here if at all possible, unless they fix things and upgrade the facility. BTW it was no cheaper than some of the better hotels but without the quality. In short it sucks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Traveler,

I would like to remind you that when you had stayed with us.. our night permit for keeping the pool open was always for ten o clock ever since we purchased the hotel over 10 years ago..
there was how ever last week a pool and light inspection done by the health department recently and I made the choice to close the pool early while inspections were being done..
It was my choice to do this so if you would like to vent about the pool being shut down early.. please blame it on me.. I take full responsibility for this.

As expected, our pool passed with flying colors.. however I had to actually replace a flood light over the pool. So dear traveler, now you see, why I couldn't possibly keep the pool open till 10 pm until the flood light over the pool was fixed. All is fixed and newly replaced and for the last few days or so we have being shutting the pool back again to it's original time of 10 pm.

Again, I do apologize for your inconvenience and would love to make this up to you by offering you a Free future night stay for you and your family and I can promise you will get your extra 2 hours dip in the pool next time you return.. just call the office when your ready to come back.. my ext is 353

Looking forward to seeing you again.. Thanks for taking the time to review us..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I return back to this hotel and was surprise to see there was a name change. The hotel still has their happy customer service staff. The room was clean. The pool was open and I had a good tan. I had a great stay for my business trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Traveler,

It's great to have you return to us as our loyal corporate customer.. and I'm glad you bought back to Chicago a lovely bronze tan, from our gorgeous weather we are having in Nashville Tennessee. Summertime is certainly here in Tennessee, sitting on our recliner chairs by the pool is a great way to relax.. I get many compliments of how beautiful our pool looks, we are all so glad that you enjoyed your fun filled memories with us..

Thank you for complimenting our staff, I'm so proud of all of them, they are always on time and are always first to help in every way.. I wouldn't trade them for the world!~ and also our housekeeping staff and doing great too.. I'm glad you found our rooms to be nice and clean.. that's what we want to hear from all our loyal customers!~

It's a blessing to read your wonderful caring review.. Thank you and Happy 4th of July!~
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My four friends and I booked this hotel kind of last minute for CMA Fest and we were not really sure what to expect. We ended up receiving a two bedroom suite and it could not have been more perfect; we had plenty of space and it was perfect for what we needed. What made this stay even more great was the friendly front desk staff, especially Eli. He really made us feel welcome and made our stay a lot of fun. Also, the shuttle service Driving Ms. Daisy was also wonderful couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. We would definitely stay here again as it was a good price for what we needed and the staff was excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Liz726
Dear Traveler

It is but a pleasure and refreshing to to read some nice, positive reviews about our quiet and comfortable hotel.. Nashville Airport Inn & Suites. We are glad you had a beautiful time with us.
We are proud of the fact that our new staff are making a difference in your vacation memories.
Eli is a wonderful young GSR (Guest Service Representative) He certainly makes every person feel important and special.. as does all the other staff too.. We are a tight team and we care for all our guest that come thru our doors.. our motto is "We make it Work" no matter what the situation.We we accommodate your needs.. though we are not perfect, and never claim to be, our passion is to please the guest.. in what ever their reason for staying with us..

'Driving Miss Daisy' is a wonderful shuttle service, always reliable, inexpensive and friendly we have great relations with that company have worked with them for 7 years now and will continue to use them.I'm glad you liked our shuttle service.

It gives me no greater pleasure to have you return to us as a loyal satisfied customer.. I believe this is what makes all of the team at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites come into work with smiles on their faces everyday.. For to make even just one person, feel important in their vacation memories is work worthwhile. This is why we do our job.. with passion, to have you become part of our extended family.. a second home for you in our lovely city of Nashville.

Thank you for your lovely review, Happy 4th of July & God Bless You!~~
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked a 2 bedroom suite Sat. June 15, 2013 I was traveling at the time and unable to look on line so I took the gentlemen's word that it was a clean hotel in a safe area (the first and last time I will ever do that) The area was fine felt safe however the cleanliness was not expectable. There was a 3" gap in one of the doors which we did report to the front and was told that maintance was extremely busy and would not be able to get to that till much later in the meantime, our room was getting a lot of mosquitos in it so we took T.P. and stuffed all the way down the door to keep the bugs out, classy!! The bedding was old and did not feel clean, we asked for clean sheets and blankets, the lady at the front desk did her best to accommodate us (wish I could remember her name, nice lady) but all she had to give us was two top sheets it was not good im sorry to say. I ended up going to K-Mart to purchase bedding because I was not going to let my child or my husband and I sleep on that bedding. That little loveseat needs to be tossed, its dirty, ripped, please just get a new one! The only staff I seen was the lady at the front desk she was as helpful as she could be. They did offer a hot breakfast but we chose not to stay for that. They also had a nice pool area for the kids but for some reason chose to close it at 8:00 pm on a Saturday night, that certainly seemed like it was for their convenience not their guests. I've noticed that when you read these reviews you seem to be very defensive, please try not to be that way you need to understand that your hotel needs a lot of work. it looks nice from the outside but the room I had was really bad. It's not fair on the owners part to let people stay there, Im sure the employees are doing the best they can with what they have to work with, but whoever owns that place SHAME ON YOU!! We all felt dirty when we left we were not about to stand in that bathtub and use those towels that were hanging on those dirty towel racks, couldn't wait to get home and take a shower. This is the first review I have ever left but I feel I owe it to the public to warn them at least about room 329, Maybe all the other rooms are fine but steer clear of that room. I understand that for that price were not going to be staying in a 5 star hotel however, when a person is traveling and we stop for the night its not to much to ask for the rooms to be clean and in working condition.
Who ever is making the final decision that these rooms are good enough to rent out, I ask that you go home get your spouse and children and sleep in room 329 for the night, while your there look under the ugly loveseat and see what you find, also lift the mattress up on the smaller beds and look at the bottom of the mattress I promise you won't like what you see then I want you to let your children sleep in there. PLEASE take a good look at these rooms from a renters point of view. I've noticed you have a lot of bad reviews im not trying to be mean but if you don't really take a good look nothing will change and nobody will benefit. If I ever find myself in a position like this in the future I will pack up and leave that's exactly what I should have done this time. Sorry I really wish I had better things to say but I speak the truth......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
This morning I got with my assistant front desk Manager after reading your review.. he gave me your phone number and I will be responding to your review privately by phone. I will be with our management team going to room 329, per the accusations you have shared. I personally will be inspecting it with Housekeeping & Housekeeping Inspectors today.

Regardless if I feel it is suitable to sell or not.. I will make sure, a deep thorough cleaning is performed on this room and per your suggestion I shall replace the couch for one of our newer ones.

The lady who was nice.. her name is Emily.. and or if that was not her name.. then you must have dealt with me.. there is only two ladies in the office.

We are refurbishing our hotel a room at a time.. it is a slow process.. but our prices are great value for the spacious rooms you get..

I thank you for your review, though it is quiet long & lengthy, certainly damaging in it's negativity for the most part..I thank you that you liked our pool and at least you were pleased with our staff.. I have no wish to be, as you call it "Defensive" with any review providing that it is a review that speaks somewhat good as well as bad but that it is of good merit. You are now the 7th person from "Missouri" that keeps leaving really damaging reviews about the Hotel that I manage, Isn't that a coincidence? I have only 17 reviews and 6 reviews are from the same url in Missouri, So can you blame me for treating every NEGATIVE review with some skepticism!

What shocks me the most in your review, is why you never asked to be moved? Saturday the 15th, we were only 75% full it was a quiet week end for us.. but you rather go to Kmart and buy sheets? to me this makes no sense at all.. I have never heard of the like.. that a guest buy sheets to sleep in a hotel, why didn't you find another hotel for that matter.. sheets are so costly at K/mart, I know they would have cost you, far more, then our inexpensive hotel room rates.
Part of your review really doesn't make sense to me therefore, I will investigate this review and find out from Trip Advisor if this is indeed the same url in Missouri that keeps trying to put our hotel, out of business..

Though, I will take your review quiet seriously for now.. i will inspect Room #329 and will see for myself.. where all that you wrote was in fact true or not!~

Trisha Breeden
Director of Sales
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff, and breakfast was good. The hotel manager (Trish) went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We had a UPS package that arrived late at the hotel and we had already left and she took the time to follow up with me and resend it to my home address. Excellent stay and place to reserve while away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Dave,

Awe what a sweet thing to say about me..

I appreciate that very much.. with all packages or items that are left behind in our hotel, it is indeed imperative to make sure they are posted on to the guest that stayed either via UPS or the Post Office.. what is a couple of stamps, after all? I do hope you received your package and was glad to hear you had a great stay..

it's also nice an refreshing to read some good reviews.. of people that wowed your stay.. I try very hard to maintain this in my staff.. that at all times they must WOW the guest.. I believe all it takes is a lasting impression on a guest that will have them return and be a loyal repeat customer.. I do hope this will be true for you too..

You are more then a guest when you are a repeat customer.. we treasure all loyal guests that stay with us over and over again.. I personally want all my staff to build re pores with all the guests that enter thru our doors..

"We are not perfect, but we will strife to Make it Work, Make it Memorable, and Make our Hotel your personal 'Get a Way' home, in our great city of Nashville, Tennessee" ~Trisha Breeden

P.S.Dave you made me blush today... but THANK YOU!~ you certainly, have made my day!~
Coronado, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked on a last minute decision to spend the night before catching a flight..bad idea! Cheap, but nasty. Supposed to be a non smoking room, but it smelled of smoke and had an ash tray, so I'm assuming we were put in the wrong room. They were having problems with the system, so couldn't make us a key and therefore we couldn't leave the room without an office attendant coming to let us back in. Breakfast and newspaper was available, but the shuttle to the airport was running late and the guy at the front desk was rude about it..we know when it is last minute to get to airport and when it's not, we travel frequently! Once the shuttle arrives those people were rude as well..but luckily we made it to the airport. I was scared to leave my car at the hotel, but it was still in one piece when I got back so that was a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Traveler..

Firstly, may I say, Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor and leaving your review about our hotel here..
I was reading it and found it to be the perfect combination of how a review should be written.. Something Good with Something negative.. so I commend you on writing a honest, thorough review.. i would like to see more reviews like this when responding to reviews..

Now as for your heading 'HORRIBLE' for some people our hotel is absolutely 'FANTASTIC' it's all how you view a place.. either from a Negative perspective or from a Positive perspective, we have many many friends and guests that we call family that return to our hotel over and over again.. with great & happy experiences from Nashville Airport Inn & Suites.

Actually, dear traveler, some folk feel extremely safe on our Atrium Way.. and tell me again and again how safe and quiet our road is.. where our hotel is situation.. I keep getting so many reviews on third party extra nets, that telling me.. GREAT LOCATION, SAFE, QUIET etc.etc. but again.. different strokes for different folks..

To address your serious concerns.. may i share with you that we use a brilliant shuttle service in Nashville, There called Driving Miss Daisy and they are ranked very high on efficiency and reliability they are usually right there when we call with a max of a 20 minuets wait time..

As for the staff member that was rude.. I have let go of staff that does not put the customer first.. you stayed in March it says, so since then we have new staff with correct training.. I run a tight ship here and my staff I am pleased and proud to say, they all know how to WOW the customer.. in fact, one of my staff just recently has being nominated for the Nashville's CVB Yearly Award for Customer Service for going out of his way for caring to a hotel guest..

In all fairness.. there must have being a confusion in you being displaced into a smoking room. Oviously our NON Smoking rooms we do not place ashtrays in it so I know you were in one of our smoking room, Somehow I wished you came back to the front desk and asked to be moved.. seeing that you saw the ashtray.. We only have 20 rooms for smokers.. personally if I had my way I would make the entire hotel NON SMOKING.. however.. that wouldn't be fair to the smokers that enjoy a cigarette watching HBO..

Because you were displaced, I would dearly like to offer you a comp for a non smoking room for your future return trip with us..

Please call my office on ext #353 and we will talk via phone..

Many thanks for reviewing us..

Trisha Breeden
Director of Sales
Kodak, Tennessee
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is beyond Horrible. After reading a bad review on line the morning I was leaving to go to Nashville, I decided to ask to see the room before I checked in. Upon entering the lobby it was obvious this place was old and "Dirty". As we were walking to the room with the attendant, we passed the "Broken Ice Machine". The girl had trouble opening the door, which was obviously stuck After getting the door open, we were met by a horrific chemical odor. Just one look inside revealed, filthy dirty carpet, horrible outdated décor which also looked dirty . There is no way I was going to stay here. Who knows what other horrible things lurked beyond the door. This place needs to be Condemned.. It is "horrible" do not stay here. To bad they won't let me express my disgust in all caps for further emphasis.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances. It's horrible. The place needs to be torn down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Here is my response to both of your Reviews.
One with Trip Advisor and the other with Booking.com!~

(Review 2. with Booking.com)

I made a reservation for this hotel through this web site; however, once I got there I was so disappointed I did not stay. The place was FILTHY, I asked to see the room before I checked in as I had read 2 bad reviews the morning I left for Nashville. The room was horrible, the door was hard to open, once it opened there was a horrible chemical smell that hit you in the face. This place needs to be condemned. HORRIBLE
====

Dear Traveler,

In relation to the word "FILTHY" May I ask what part?area? or room type? or space are you referring to? We have a 120 all suite hotel.. sitting on a 2 acre lot... Your word "FILTHY" is too GENERAL a word that I find it a little difficult to respond to this review, in terms of fixing an area that you are pertaining too..Its best to be more specific when writing reviews.

In relation to the "Horrible Chemical" smell that hit you in the face, so you said, This is our air freshener which is an ECO product used mostly all Hotels. It has a PINE Smell to it and it is concentrated so very little needs to be used. There is a possibility that the cleaner may have over sprayed to much before she left her cleaned room . of which I shall get with their housekeeping Inspectors and let them know that they don't have to spay so much in the rooms..

As for the Door jam, certainly Maintenance should have being aware of that.. however if nothing is said about a door being hard to open how can maintenance know which door to fix?
Sometimes it's the weather that causes door to expand or contract.. so having a door that was stuck really should not be a reason why you may not want to stay in our hotel. This is not a 5 star Hotel but even if it was, doors come undone there too.. I must share dear traveller that we are not asking for you to pay $200 plus dollars our low prices range from $50 plus per night which include breakfast, free USA today, free wifi, free parking, free airport shuttle so the value for what you get from our 2 star hotel should at least compensate, or may I say should overlook a few minor details such as our door jam and air freshener smell that was not pleasing to your taste.

I guess, my question to you is.. why if you felt this room, was not in your liking that you didn't let the front desk know that you would like to see another room before you left? May I ask you, why did you not ask to speak to a Manager? To say the hotel that I run, needs to be "Condemned!" is a little harsh of words.. don't you feel? It's my belief, that it is better to choose your words wisely particularly when sharing "Formal" complaints..

We have many very happy people that enjoy our hotel and if you got given a room that had a door jam in the future please let the front desk know first, before you up and leave.. there are many rooms in our hotel that are in great shape.. All you had to do is ask to be moved and we would have gladly did that for you..

I apologize that you were had an unpleasant experience at our hotel, It cost Millions of dollars to update everything in my hotel, I certainly can tell you that this is my plan to update our hotel.. but for not it is one room at a time.. feel free to come back next time your in Nashville I will personal inspect the room for you and I assure you dear traveler, you will be satisfied with my choosing of room..