“Very reasonably priced hotel close to Opryland”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This was a great 3 night stay at the opryland Hyatt. We stayed here on a mini vacation in Feb. The hotel has been redone. It's probably not up to par for typical Hyatts. It seemed subpar to the other Hyatts I have stayed in, but it was much less. We named our own price on Priceline for $50 for this 3.5 star hotel. There was a VERY large convention right down the road at the Gaylord this weekend, so that was an awesome price.

The staff was great! They were all super nice. The continental breakfast was typical. Nothing preheated, but the fresh fruit was great! Large rooms, but very tiny bathrooms. Tje bathroom only has the shower/bath and toilet. The sink is within the room. My only complaint was that the shower water was only Luke warm at times. However, it wasn't bad enough to complain about. No indoor pool, which suprised me. Also, there's not a microwave in your room.
There is a shuttle that takes you to the Gaylord, but the Opry is a little ways of a walk. We are young, so had not problem, but had a little difficulty figuring out where to go to get to the opry. The parking at the opry isn't much closer and cost $18. You can also park at the Opry Mills mall for free and walk. There's not a lot of fast food in the area. Mcdonald's was about the only thing and the foodcourt at opry mills.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the price of this hotel!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed January 24, 2010

The lobby was inviting and very contemporary. I loved the fresh, free granny smith apples in the lobby as you entered the hotel. The free airport shuttle service, free parking, free wi-fi, free Wall Street Journal,Free Breakfast, free exercise facilities and excellent customer service make this hotel a bargain for its price. A main complaint I have is the less than desirable condition of the elevator. It needs a really good industrial cleaning and a re-painting. Also, the contemporary furnished rooms were well appointed. However, if you you are oing to have a sink, mini-fridge and counter, you should also add a micro wave oven at this former Amerisuites.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Great location, especially if your focus is the Opryland area. Also not a bad drive to downtown, only took us about 15 minutes. The lobby area was a little cramped and poorly laid out but the decor was nice and the staff was friendly. When we got to our room our key didn't work so we had to go back down, however once in the room we were pleased overall. Spacious room with nice layout and furnishings. My husband especially liked the nice tv :) My only complaints with the room are that the wet bar sink was dirty and the window unit heat/ac made it difficult to keep the room temp regulated. The free continental breakfast was pretty much what you would expect. You also had the option to purchase extra breakfast items that were cooked to order for around $6 each. We were there on a busy day so the seating was very limited that morning. All in all, this was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

i have stayed in several hyatt place hotels and loved them!! this one is very different. it is not nearly as nice, and that is putting it mildly. it seems really old and in disrepair. the linens arent as nice as they are in their other locations. the elevators have weird problems...like the back of the doors are beat up. when you go to get ice, they have the door open to the room where the linens are, and it is just gross. the lobby is pretty typical for a hyatt place...it seems that that is the one place they got this hotel up to par. the staff is wonderful. so nice and helpful. but the age and repair of the hotel is something they really cant change during your stay, no matter how helpful they are. i would never stay in this hyatt place again. the one i stayed in while in chicago and a different one in the nashville area, id stay in those in a heartbeat again. this one...no way. never.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovenicehotels2
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Was in Nashville for a couple days on business. Place was great. I love Hyatt Place in general. This Hyatt Place was no different. The lobby I can do without - I prefer a more traditional Courtyard type lobby but I am stubborn. With that said, the rooms are the best, with the giant sofa and plasma TV.

Great part of town right near the Gaylord (they have shuttle service). Got this room for $55. My colleagues stayed at the Gaylord for $225. Go figure. Also, my room was much nicer than the Gaylord.

I got the place for $55. I'd even pay $100 if I had to. Thumbs up!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Opryland for a week-long conference that was held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I found this hotel through Priceline at a rate of $70/night. What a great deal for a very good hotel.

I would place this in the rank of a nicer Courtyard by Marriott or similar. The rooms have a modern styling that reflect the theme of the lobby. I would guess that this hotel is relatively new or has been renovated recently for that reason. The room itself isn't enormous, but it's certainly bigger than most 2.5-3 star hotel options out there. My room, which I think was fairly standard (#405), had a living space with a sectional couch, desk, small bar area and 42" LCD TV on a lateral swivel mount. There was a small divider between the couch and the bed which affords some privacy I suppose, but it's not at all suggestive of a suite or anything like that. In fact, you can easily see the TV from either the bad or couch which is a thoughtful option.

The bathroom is tiny, but was functional. There is little closet space and minimal drawer space. As one person, I filled up both with ease with my week's worth of clothes.

The staff was friendly and attentive. There was a continental breakfast bar in the mornings which was very convenient. You have a few options here: bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit (sliced grapefruit, bananas, melons), cold cereal, oatmeal, juices and coffee... your typical continental offerings. I believe there were other options available (like eggs), but this was extra.

There was an exercise room with a few treadmills and maybe an elliptical, but that was about it. Nothing special here. I don't recall a pool, but there might have been one. There is free wifi internet, but I had the worst time getting any kind of bandwidth on it. The signal was decent, but the download speed was reminiscent of dial-up.

There was a shuttle to the convention center that operated during most of the day. I didn't use it, but it apparently would pick you up from the convention center upon request. I believe they also had airport shuttle service, but I had a rental car so this wasn't an issue for me.

The convention center is within walking distance, but is probably on the order of 3/4 of a mile away. If you don't like to walk, it might be too far, but lots of people did this. I found it to be very leisurely. Parking at the Gaylord Opryland is essentially restricted unless you feel the need to pay about $20 per day which is absolutely outrageous.

Nearby are a few restaurants and other hotels. I recall Applebee's, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, and McDonald's very close by. The mall also has some dining/shopping options, but this is a bit further away (maybe 2 miles south).

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel very much and would recommend it to others. Not terrible romantic or anything, but an idea business trip option.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Clean, comfortable, great staff. Above average continental breakfast. Best hotel outside of Opryland.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple