“What a GREAT place!”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #31 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 6, 2014

What a great place.. the staff were great.. the service were great.. The only thing is I wished they had more for the Continental Breakfast. But, we just went next door to the Cracker Barrel for a complete breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I live 3 hours away from Nashville so we decided to get a room and do some back to school shopping. This was a getaway for the 2 of us without our 3 kids. We loved everything about this stay. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Our room was clean and very spacious. We enjoyed the couch area. My husband likes to stay up and watch TV,and I like to go to sleep early. We were both satisfied. We love how close it is to Opry Mills Mall. We will for sure stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Really nice place to stay. They have free breakfast for u to here. Came back to stay here again. The gym really nice. They have so much food like egg, coffee, tea, pancake. They work was really nice. Best hotel. Really pool was nice too. Love this place.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many Hyatt Place locations across the US but this one was the worst.

Location is close to Grand Ole Opry but the location does NOT make up for the terrible hotel condition. The first room we were provided on second floor had one of the double beds right next to the dustiest, dirtiest A/C I have ever seen in a hotel (or anywhere!). That room also had many large dark carpet stains and a smell of 'je ne sais quois' that sent our family running to the front desk to ask for a room change.

The front desk service was polite and cooperative. They changed us to a king bed room on the fourth floor. Unfortunately that room was just as dirty: (A/C dust/dirt, old dried up soap suds in shower, hair on shower tiles, musty/moldy smelling).

To the front desk we went. Again.

The third room (also on the fourth floor) was in exactly the same dirty, moldy, unclean state as the previous two rooms.

Since it was 1 o'clock in the morning, we decided to stay in the hotel instead of trying to find another for our family in the middle of the night. I personally took off the A/C cover and cleaned all the greasy grime, dust and mold I could off the grates and vent. It was disgusting!

My husband went downstairs to buy a couple of beers at the front desk/snack shop and the manager told him they were 'on the house' due to the room's poor condition.

We were also offered a free $16.99 on-room movie. The next morning we were charged the $16.99 movie fee but it was removed when we reminded the front desk that it was offered to us for free.

I would normally counsel other travelers to check the rooms for cleanliness before checking in. But since we found all 3 of the rooms offered us equally worn and dirty--there is a good chance the other rooms are maintained just the same.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lostandlistless
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Knowing we had late-night tickets to the Grand Ole Opry, we had to decide whether or not to book a hotel in the city or 20 minutes away, closer to the venue. We opted for this hotel and found it was the right decision. The building is off the main road and stuck in the middle of others and parking is crowded on a busy weekend, Inside, everything is clean and modern. The room was clean and I loved the large walk in shower. After the show, we arrived back at the hotel around 1 am and the desk staff was setting up for breakfast. It seemed a bit too early but she explained that they had some guests checking out at 3am. That was impressive customer service! The hot breakfast was wonderful and they even have Starbucks beverages. We loved this hotel and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Hosts at the front desk were extremely polite and helpful. There is a free shuttle that runs to and from the GOOS. Breakfast was included although it is served at 7AM. (Not good for early risers). Plenty of restaurants with in walking distance. Ernest Tubbs records is right out the front door.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a huge hotel fan (maybe too may 20/20 episodes). But I don't have one negative thing to say about our stay. We stayed a Fri and Sat night as a "date weekend" away for my husband's 40th. We had a king suite. Spacious, clean, bed was so comfortable I slept like a log and normally I do horrible in hotels. I only hears other visitors a couple of time. No loud people in the hall at 3am, no door slams, and the walls must be thick because I didn't hear the neighbors or their TV. We had a nice sectional and flat screen. We would get our breakfast (which was yummy and well stocked) and bring it on trays they provide to our room and watch TV while we ate. I saw a room service menu and it sounded yummy and I must say restaurant prices vs rip off prices. The room had a safe, frig, mini kitchen sink, iron, hairdryer. I loved that the hairdryer was not a wall mount but an at home kind! The staff was very friendly. We paid $160 something a night and I found that more than reasonable for a weekend in Nashville. We were near Opry but it's a decent drive to downtown. Parking lot was well lit and we always had a nice space even though they were fully booked. The pool looked nice and clean although we never made it to swim. I would definitely stay here again and refer friends here.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple