“Enjoyable 2 Night Stay”

Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Enjoyable 2 Night Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary and to vacation in Nashville. We drove from Dallas (approx 10 hour drive but the drive ended up being 15hrs d/t construction on int40 and a unplanned vehicle issue). We finally made it to the hotel close to midnight. We were exhausted and ready to crash. The lobby was welcoming when we arrived, but the hotel staff was not so much. The lady was busy dealing with two younger adults ordering food and drinks and arguing over who's paying what. The lady did not acknowledge me, even though she saw me standing there patiently waiting. After about 7-10 minutes and her still dealing with the younger adults the front desk lady looks over at me and says, "You need somethin?" This is said in a not so helpful or welcoming tone. As tired as I was I didn't snap at her, just kindly told her I was trying to check in. 20 minutes passes and my husband comes inside to check on me (as that is a very long time to check into a hotel :/ ). Our room was pleasant, king bed, couch, desk, frig, nice size sink and vanity. Bathroom was TINY! Not much room between the door and to sit down to use the toilet. Haha, I'm not kiddin, it's smaller than a studio bath. Walk-in shower is nice so at least you're not trying to squeeze into a tub/shower. Large Flat screen that swivels. King bed, but hard as a board and so are the sheets. So if you're use to pillow top beds, you're gonna wake up with a stiff back/neck. A great breakfast is served every morning till 0930. There was French toast, waffles, hot ham and egg sandwiches, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, cereal, pastries, milk, juice and coffee. Parking wasn't too bad. BEWARE of panhandlers lurking around in the parking lots. This hotel is a great location to the Grand Ol Oprey, Gaylord convention center, lots of restaurants and you're only 15 minutes from downtown Nashville. Overall, satisfactory stay.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during the SEC tournament, and found the hotel to be very nice. The hall carpets are ready for an upgrade, but not a problem. Typical HP rooms with bed and large couch/bed along with desk area and fridge/coffee pot. Shower/toilet combo room is way too small, but that is the only problem I find with the HP rooms...and how much time is spent in there anyway! Sink is separate, and I like the layout of their rooms a lot otherwise. This is a good location, very close to LOTS of restaurants, Opryland HOtel, and Opry Mills Mall. In addition, you can be downtown in 15 minutes tops via a couple of different routes. We would definately stay here again. Excellent free breakfast choices each day should be factored when comparing costs, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our son was on a choir field trip touring Nashville, and while there, he was going to be having a birthday. And a big one, 16!! Me, being in Texas, and not able to celebrate with him, I called the Hyatt to see what they could do to help me out.
They went above and beyond...surprising him with balloons and a birthday cake in his room. I was so impressed that they would take the time and make my son priority. I can't imagine how incredible they must treat their customers staying at their hotel. They took care of everything for me and kept their word. What a great feeling, coming from a mom, hundreds of miles away. Thank you for going the extra mile, Jennifer!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jamie c
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were on our way home from KY and decided to stay in Nashville - AMEX travel was able to get us a room here as many of the other hotels in town were booked. Upon arrival and walking in the front door it was crowded and there was no employee in sight. Waited at the desk for a few minutes. We actually have a handicap accessible room on the first floor - have stayed in these before with no problems but this one is not setup like the typical Hyatt Place - I always like staying in Hyatt Place as the couch and tv are separate from the bed but this one was set up differently. The couch is near the window facing the bathroom door and the bed is in front of the tv. The bed is like sleeping on a platform bed very close to the floor. This bed made me feel like I was rolling off the side even though it was a king size. The bath is huge but there is no counter space. Breakfast was very busy but filling and very tasty. As others have stated the walls are paper thin - I could hear lots of noise from the room beside us, the hall, etc. The halls are very narrow too which probably contributes to being that much closer to the room across the hall. It was fine for one night but I would not be able to stay in this year for multiple nights.

Room Tip: If you like the typical setup of a Hyatt Place room don't get the accessible room unless you nee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We brought our Mother up for her 70th birthday celebration, to stay for the weekend-The Grand Ole Opry was on our agenda. We met my sister and her family. That was an age range of 9-70. Everyone was comfortable. We stayed next door to each other and enjoyed our stay very much. A great price, they acepted our AARP card although we are not over the age of 65. Some hotel chains do not. The gave us extra blankets and towels when we requested them. The only thing the coffee was not out for the entire day, although it was very cold and wet and the small coffee makers in the room didn't work. I had to go out to get coffee. Other than that everything was convienent, clean, and very nice. I will come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ward, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel was in a great location. Everything was very clean and the people were nice and helpful. The only complaints I have was there was no microwave and the walls weren't thick enough because we could hear everything in the hall and the people next to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rommi07
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here recently, overnight ,since we were in for a concert.The room is wonderful- comfortable- plenty of space.The bathroom was small though- the door was right in your face.
They had a good breakfast, an all night snack bar.The lobby is a bit small and the front check -in was right next to the snack bar.I would have had them separate a bit.I could not understand -if I needed to pay for the food or check in when I arrived.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends