“Cold Week in Nashville”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #31 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently spent a week here on business I had at Opryland. Normally I would stay there but opted to try the Hyatt Place this trip. I was impressed with everything that turns me off about the big hotel: decent room rates, no parking fees/constant tipping, shuttle service to/from the Convention Center vs. walking around lost, not paying high food costs or trying to find an open restaurant in the hotel, etc. If you are driving, there are plenty of less expensive places to eat.

The small staff here is very polite and always helpful. They wear a variety of hats and juggle them well. Housekeeping was also friendly and efficient.

The morning breakfast offerings are adequte - better than most other places. There is a Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans down the street.

The rooms are large, clean, with plenty of electrical outlets, free internet service, coffee was always replenished and the beds are comfortable. On the down side, the vanity lighting is terrible. That would be an easy fix?

They have a very reliable shuttle service that really makes the trip when you are working across the street or need to go elsewhere.

There are many other hotels in the area that look a lot like this one but with different names. They all appear to be dated and all could use some rejuvenation. For now, my recommendation here is the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank steve t
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the week of Christmas and what a nightmare. The hotel was so crowded, it was stressful. There is not specific parking for just hotel guests, so we spent over an hour looking for a space on 3 different evenings, the Jack Daniels restaraunt told us they didn't have the ability to seat such a large party on Christmas (there were 5 of us), it was virtually empty, I found the staff rude and almost hostile. One employee told me, "the workers would like to spend time with our families too". One night we waited in line for ice cream for 45 minutes and at 10 pm the employee stepped in front of us, closed and locked the door without even a word to us! Trust me....don't waste your time or money here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cassi Y
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I went this past weekend for a little get away and to see a Mozart symphony. This hotel we found on priceline for a good deal. When we arrived, we were greet with smiles and a open, clean, and cozy entrance lounge. Our room was, as everyone says, very spacious, clean, and had a modern warmth to the room. The couch and the bed were comfy. The pillows were fluffy and you couldn't hear the people, tvs, or showers in the next room. The bathroom is a bit small but the shower was nice with the glass sliding doors. We loved it! We were really surprised at how nice, big, and relaxing our hotel actually was. Oh, and the breakfast ;) Soo yummy! Again, we were surprised at how good the food was with it being a free breakfast and all. They had homemade blueberry waffles, egg mcmuffins, oatmeal, several toppings to choose from, toast, and different cut fruit. And if you wanted to skip the free breakfast, there is a Craker Barrel and other restaurants literally within minutes. The Opery Mills Mall is across the street along with the Grand Ole Opery. Downtown is like 20 min away. This is the place to stay if you don't HAVE to be right downtown!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kfm2007
Reviewed January 14, 2013

When planning our recent visit to Nashville, TN, there were many options when it came to picking out a hotel. We first contemplated staying at Gaylord Opryland Hotel because we had seats to go to The Grand Ole Opry, but then found the Hyatt Place nearby. I’m so glad we did! The hotel itself was fabulous and the $80+/day we saved by staying there instead of GOH paid for our food during our stay in Nashville! Also (by comparison), we didn’t have to pay for parking and the easy-in and easy-out of the smaller Hyatt Place was without stress. The employees were all very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was so clean and up-to-date. The lobby area opened up to an area for food and drinks, and also, a little “grab and go” deli case. Our room (#425) was so spacious! The roomy sitting area with wet bar, refrigerator and coffee maker was set apart from the bed area. We had 2 double beds and they were very comfortable. The large flat-screen TV could face either the sitting area or the bed area. The vanity was along the wall in the bedroom and had a long countertop and huge mirror. Tub and ‘commode’ were set apart in their own room. Our view wasn’t great, but we weren’t looking out the window much anyway.
The complimentary breakfast was terrific! There were a lot of options that included multiple hot dishes. Pastries and bagels, cereals, and fruit were offered as well.
We were very pleased with our stay here and highly recommend it if you’d like to be outside the hustle-bustle of Downtown Nashville

Room Tip: A tip about parking at the Hyatt Place: Go behind the hotel, to the back parking area, and enter th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Geeste
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and was so impressed I wanted to leave a review. The rooms are spacious and very very clean. I'm very picky and usually wipe the room down myself but didn't feel the need to do that here. The sofa was very comfortable which usually they are not, the bed was great, and the towels were thick and plush. My husband has a bad back and this is the most comfortable he's ever been in a hotel. They also had a great breakfast and free shuttle to the opryland hotel. We've had a great time in this city and plan on returning soon and I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My visit here was good. It was clean and the rooms were large, as they usually are at Hyatt Places. As I do work in Hospitality I tend to be very picky about where I stay.

My ABSOLUTE favorite thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk Eric and the driver Joey. You need to take care of these employees, they made me give this review 5 stars. We hope to see you again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was so thrilled to stay here. It is cheaper & newer than other nearby hotels. If you don't mind walking 10 minutes then Its walking distance to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, Grand ole Opry, Opry Mills, Bass Pro Shop & Movies. You have to cross a major street but shouldn't be a problem because there is a traffic light to help you through. They have a fitness center, shutttle services to Gaylord Opryland if needed. Their breakfast alone will keep me coming back. It consist of fresh fruit, Starbucks coffee, baked pastries, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, etc etc They also have ia Gallery Menu which is to the left of the check in which we had something to eat & it was delicious. Our room was facing the Gaylord Hotel & was able to see the Holiday lights. Had a king size bed that had a divider in between in case someone wanted to watch TV & didn't want to bother anyone.Also has a sectional sofa sleeper, refrigerator etc etc. Its fairly new hotel or at least it looks like one. You won't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing the Gaylord Hotel especially during the Holidays.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family