“La Quinta Poor room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #92 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Our room at the Atruim Way location was a let down from our past LaQuinta experiences. The toilet was stopped up when we arrived, the balcony door would not lock, (switched rooms & found 2nd room's balcony door would not lock either!), there was mold on the ceilings (prob because there was no vent in the bathroom), remote control was missing, the heater fan rattled. Not at all what we had expected from La Quinta. Staff was nice but due to aforementioned problems, overall experience left much to be desired. We will NOT stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2008

I regularly fly in and out of Nashvile and have previously stayed elsewhere. Their prices have increased significantly while the same amenities here (AAA) were $69.

The room was well furnished and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was pleasant; the computer room is available for use, is free, has high speed internet and a printer, and there are free newspapers. There is also an exercise room with four or five workout machines.

The breakfast was excellent and had protein. It included make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, juice, fruit, bagles, toast, pastry, coffee, and tea.

As others mentioned, it is being updated but that is not a problem. I did find it hard to find and had to call for directions. I will definitely stay here again! It can't be beat for the price.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2008

On a spur of the moment decision to go to Nashville for the weekend I found myself needing a hotel for Saturday night. Since my budget was tight I used TripAdvisor to find a place to stay for under $100. The La Quinta was right in the area I wanted to be and for only $79 I couldn't beat the price. I arrived pretty late in the evening but the lady behind the counter was very pleasant and professional. The hotel itself, like many of the reviews here state, is a bit outdated. 80's-esque green carpet and tacky bedspreads awaited me when I entered my room but the important thing was that it was very clean. I slept soundly that night as the air conditioning hummed quietly in the background and, despite visual concerns that the door wouldn't keep noise from the hallway from coming into my room, it was blessedly quiet all around. I awoke feeling very refreshed. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I had a hard time convincing myself to get out of it. I took a quick shower and was pleased with the water pressure and temperature. Since I had slept in so late I missed the provided breakfast but the morning receptionist was delightful (and helpful! I quickly realized upon leaving that I had forgotten a couple items and she was quick to give the room key back to me so I could fetch my things.) and I had no problems checking out. All in all a fabulous and affordable hotel especially considering my last minute reservations!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2008

I travel 20 weeks per year on business. I booked this hotel at last minute for a pleasure trip at a HUGE discount and was VERY pleased. The hotel ,while older, was updated and housekeeping was ok. The staff went above the call of duty. I asked for moving my room for better internet connections and this was handled. I asked for a feather pillow and they were able to find one for me. They helped me get any and all directions I neeed including gas at a time of fuel shortages. The business center was not very state of the art and neds to be accessed by room key, but overall I was pleased.
I would recommend a stay here if you need airport or Opryland location.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Stayed here while passing through Nashville. Great hotel for the money. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly.

Reviewed July 15, 2008

Good, no-frills bargain in Nashville. The breakfast was more generous than expected. The rooms were decent - about what you would expect for this level of hotel. Nice balconies.

Reviewed July 14, 2008

The People who worked at the Hotel were very nice and helpful
The room was a typical hotel room a little small but the hotel was clean and nice and the pool looked nice (didn't have time to swim) The contential breakfast was typical muffins and coffee
Only stayed one night but it was better then our other hotel we stayed at early that week.