Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
CO
“So Big”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We were there for a convention. The place is HUGE. It is beautiful. Takes awhile to find your way around. We were dissapointed with the lack of resturants inside the resort that were open all the time and were very expensive. You can walk off the resort ground ( quite a walk ) . THere are other places to eat there..Shoney's, Cracker Barrel. We just felt like it was too big to be cozy. We have stayed at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando which is owned by the same company and found that to be much more user friendly.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,913)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Check-in was smooth, vallet was ok.. but service was not up to 5 star callibur.

The biggest complaint was the cleanliness of the room, or lack there of!!!!

There was a large "white stain" on the curtains at waist level.. looked similar to what may have been found on Monica Lewinski's.. so you can imagine the firght on our face as our three year old goes racing for the window as soon as we get into the room.

At this point it is not a huge issue... we call down and ask that our room be cleaned and mentioned the curtains in particular...

So as we are sitting there waiting on the cleaning staff... we start noticing other things... Like the coffee spills runing down the front of the cupboards.. grime spots on the bathroom door, dust thick enough to right your name it it on the desk in the room.

1 hour later and still know staff.... we call down, and the next operator we reach has no record of our first call.... so we ask again... and head out to tour the hotel with the kids... we agian stop at the Concierge just to check and we are assured that someone will be up immediately to fix the issues...

We head out to tour the city and return 4 hours after our original call.. ample time to correct the issues... however nothing is done accept our beds are remade...

at this point it is bedtime for our 3 year old and 1 year old... and frustration is at a high! Options offered after we call again... Have somone come at 9 pm to clean the room (1 & 3 year old remember... bedtime... therefore not an option) and the other option was to move rooms... and we were already installed and getting ready for bed.. they had 4 hours to fix the problem and did nothing!

The promise that it will all be fixed tomorrow... time will tell... we'll let you know the outcome... But we would not bother staying here again... especially at the price and service

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Bayfield, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland during a recent motorcycle trip. We had been camping prior to our stay, so when we rolled up, slightly smelly, definietley rough looking, I am pleased to say we didn't get a sideways look from anyone. Unless you count the valet guy, who didn't know what to make of my request to park my 950 lb Harley Davidson.

We checked in, which was like a well oiled machine. Over a dozen STAFFED wickets are available to serve you. The check in process includes the norms as well as a map of the complex with a little line traced from the lobby to your room. There are also written directions, satisfying both the left and right brained individuals.

The room was beautiful. It was not large, but adequate and wonderfully appointed. Flat screen, IPOD dock, portable phones...

The complex itself is unreal. Vegas of Tennessee! (only minus the sex for sale and focus on getting messed up) You have to see it to believe it. Aside from the fact that the entire place is like a tropical paradise under a glass roof about 100 feet up, there is a rotating bar, waterfalls, a boat ride around the joint and more shopping and eating than you can shake a stick at.

The complex is located near another HUGE mall and the river, so we took advantage of the General Jackson Steamboat tour, dinner and show. THIS WAS AWESOME. Be prepared, if you want to eat with the show, there are tables of 8 no matter what size your party is. My wife and I joined a lovely family from Georgia and had a grand time.

In sum, I wish I could have stayed another day. The pool, the spa, the clubs and restaurants were to many and varied to be taken in during 24 hours. I would strongly recommend a weekend.

As I said before, the place is AWESOME, but at a price. This place costs, the events around cost and the services inside the complex cost. That being said, you get what you pay for!

The pictures do more justice than I could.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rucksack-Wanderer
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Overall I had a nice stay at this hotel. However, the room was pretty outdated and basic. There is a $15 a day mandatory resort fee that, to me, makes no sense since you already pay for the room (over $200 a night minimum) and is not that you have the option to pay the resort fee or not.
The resort is pretty nice but very confusing to move around. Every restaurant inside is very espensive. You can walk 10 minutes to the nearby mall and eat at much reasonable prices. Gran Ole Opry is also withing easy walking distance.
I am recomending this hotel although I don't think you really get your money worth after all.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed the one night and were very well pleased by everything. The hotel, the beautiful gardens, the boat ride through the hotel, the game room for the children (and adults), the Water Show. I don't think I can find a single thing to complain about.

The room had a balcony and it was nice to have the doors open to the "outside", to hear the music (or not), to enjoy the view and to even watch the sunrise. All in all, excellent!

Oh, and there excellent shops with souvenirs and gifts in all price ranges.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
evilprncess96
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed at the Gaylord Opryland for a conference in November. The hotel itself was gorgeous. I was fortunate enough to be there during the holiday season when the lights were all up and it was absolutely amazing. Check in was a bit of a long ordeal with long lines (there were several conferences happening at the same time I think). When I finally got to the front of the line, they did not have my reservation. After a few minutes they said that they had a room for me but it was a Murphy Bed room. At this time I was exhausted and said that it was fine. One of the bell boys helped me to my room (thank goodness because I couldn’t imagine carrying my bags at that time). The room was wonderful. The Murphy bed was a king size bed and the room had a dining room area, couch and nice sized bathroom. The view was of the parking lot but I didn’t plan on spending a ton of time in my room. It was 10pm at this time so I decided to order room service. The prices were high but the service was quick and the food was wonderful. The only issues I had with the hotel is how far it was from Downtown Nashville. They provide a bus or you can take a cab. The cab ride was VERY high for the distance you were going. Food and Drink prices in the resort were very high and as you were pretty much in the middle of nowhere without a car you were stuck. They did have a mall style food court that was reasonably priced but closed fairly early. Actually after 10 or 11 pm there wasn’t much open at all. I must say that walking around the facility at midnight was WONDERFUL and an experience everyone should have. The conference facilities were all very nice, the catering was not very creative but was passable and I would also recommend this facility for a conference.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I have to say this hotel is something special - the room we had was totally amazing with a fab view of the Cascades area. The meals are expensive and 2 drinks do cost around $26 but its a pretty amazing place to sit and take in the atmosphere. I would definately come back - its awesome....
We did have a minor issue with our bill (it was incorrect) and it did take 3 phone calls 45 minutes and a very rude Tracey who literally "shouted" at me so i did ask to speak to the Manager who was called Scott before the issue was resolved. he was totally professional and helped sort our problem out - Thank you Scott. All was amazing apart from Tracey - if you have an issue avoid her - she claims she just has a loud voice but my husband could hear her yelling at me from the balcony - it wasnt just that she was loud - she was rude. Anyway - it didnt ruin our trip and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - it is AMAZING and so well kept...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business