“Lovely accomodations-Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Decatur, Alabama
“Lovely accomodations-Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed the one night and were very well pleased by everything. The hotel, the beautiful gardens, the boat ride through the hotel, the game room for the children (and adults), the Water Show. I don't think I can find a single thing to complain about.

The room had a balcony and it was nice to have the doors open to the "outside", to hear the music (or not), to enjoy the view and to even watch the sunrise. All in all, excellent!

Oh, and there excellent shops with souvenirs and gifts in all price ranges.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,937)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
evilprncess96
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed at the Gaylord Opryland for a conference in November. The hotel itself was gorgeous. I was fortunate enough to be there during the holiday season when the lights were all up and it was absolutely amazing. Check in was a bit of a long ordeal with long lines (there were several conferences happening at the same time I think). When I finally got to the front of the line, they did not have my reservation. After a few minutes they said that they had a room for me but it was a Murphy Bed room. At this time I was exhausted and said that it was fine. One of the bell boys helped me to my room (thank goodness because I couldn’t imagine carrying my bags at that time). The room was wonderful. The Murphy bed was a king size bed and the room had a dining room area, couch and nice sized bathroom. The view was of the parking lot but I didn’t plan on spending a ton of time in my room. It was 10pm at this time so I decided to order room service. The prices were high but the service was quick and the food was wonderful. The only issues I had with the hotel is how far it was from Downtown Nashville. They provide a bus or you can take a cab. The cab ride was VERY high for the distance you were going. Food and Drink prices in the resort were very high and as you were pretty much in the middle of nowhere without a car you were stuck. They did have a mall style food court that was reasonably priced but closed fairly early. Actually after 10 or 11 pm there wasn’t much open at all. I must say that walking around the facility at midnight was WONDERFUL and an experience everyone should have. The conference facilities were all very nice, the catering was not very creative but was passable and I would also recommend this facility for a conference.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I have to say this hotel is something special - the room we had was totally amazing with a fab view of the Cascades area. The meals are expensive and 2 drinks do cost around $26 but its a pretty amazing place to sit and take in the atmosphere. I would definately come back - its awesome....
We did have a minor issue with our bill (it was incorrect) and it did take 3 phone calls 45 minutes and a very rude Tracey who literally "shouted" at me so i did ask to speak to the Manager who was called Scott before the issue was resolved. he was totally professional and helped sort our problem out - Thank you Scott. All was amazing apart from Tracey - if you have an issue avoid her - she claims she just has a loud voice but my husband could hear her yelling at me from the balcony - it wasnt just that she was loud - she was rude. Anyway - it didnt ruin our trip and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - it is AMAZING and so well kept...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
tennessee
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We just got back from a stay at the fabulous Opryland Hotel right? WRONG!!! Yes-the decor on the inside of the hotel was beautiful, but the rooms are another story. Unless you can afford to pay for a suite, the basic rooms are terrible. They are tiny. We have a one yr. old and staying in this room was a nightmare. There are sharp corners everywhere!!! The beds are small, the carpet was dirty,and we had a towel with stains all over it. Also-you had to search for the blowdryer which ended up being in the top of the closet and looked as if it was one hundred yrs. old. The room did not have a microwave, which is very important when you have a baby, and we finally found the refrigerator, which was hidden too.
Upon checking out, we were charged 20.00 dollars a day for parking, and 10.00 per day resort fee for services that we did not even use. Do not eat at the hotel unless you want to take out a loan. My husband got a sausage biscuit, I got a hot choc., and one doughnut and it was 15.00. The biscuit was even frozen. This place is terrible. If you want to stay somewhere nice-go to the Holiday Inn Express across the street, they will even throw in a free breakfast. You can walk to the Opryland hotel from there if you must see what it looks like inside.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank smann11
Illinois
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights August 28 & 29, 2009. Enjoyed the stay, however, the parking fee is ridiculous and food prices in the hotel are crazy. If you eat in the hotel the most reasonable is Paisano's. It was noisy during the night until around 2:30 am, the shower was weak and the pillows were not comfortable. I'm being picky here, it was an extremely enjoyable stay, but for the price it should be much better. If prices were better we probably would have stayed longer. Everything was very clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My experience with this hotel was for a convention. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff were professional and efficient. Be warned, it is HUGE. Wear comfortable shoes. We ate at the sports bar which was typical bar type food. The drinks are pretty expensive at the Cascades bar. Two drinks cost $26.00. Parking is $18/day, $25 for valet. There is also an additonal $15 resort fee, which encompasses a couple bottles of water, newspaper, gym and pool access. Since I was on the company's dime, I enjoyed being there. If it were my dime, I think I would have gone out to eat/drink else where. They did have a fun night club, Fuse, which was an added bonus. The fitness room and pool area were clean and well kept. This is definitely the place for a conference. There are plenty of rooms available and it was a wonder how they were able to orchestrate the lunches/dinners for such a large group. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers. For personal/family trips it may be a bit pricey, but definitely worth the 'walk-through', just to see the gardens and waterfalls.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Nixa, MO
Reviewed August 26, 2009

The hotel common areas are beautiful, but I did not want to pay $4.25 for a glass of ice tea. I would recommend to go and walk through this hotel, but I would never stay again! The rooms are nice, but nothing extra special. The rate does not include the $15 resort fee, that is mandatory, or the $18 parking fee. They did have wireless internet in room but it did not work, my husband does the IT work at his office. We ate breakfast in one of the casual cafes. We had a muffin - that was dry, a croissant - that was microwaved and a cinnamon roll that was good at the price of $15. If I am going to pay this kind of money everything needs to work and taste good. The pool was nice, but they have signs that say only one towel, this seems cheap to me. When we arrived their was room service trays in the hall and they where still outside when we checked out the following day. On a high note the room service was good and the fellow that delivered it was nice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family