We just got back from a stay at the fabulous Opryland Hotel right? WRONG!!! Yes-the decor on the inside of the hotel was beautiful, but the rooms are another story. Unless you can afford to pay for a suite, the basic rooms are terrible. They are tiny. We have a one yr. old and staying in this room was a nightmare. There are sharp corners everywhere!!! The beds are small, the carpet was dirty,and we had a towel with stains all over it. Also-you had to search for the blowdryer which ended up being in the top of the closet and looked as if it was one hundred yrs. old. The room did not have a microwave, which is very important when you have a baby, and we finally found the refrigerator, which was hidden too.
Upon checking out, we were charged 20.00 dollars a day for parking, and 10.00 per day resort fee for services that we did not even use. Do not eat at the hotel unless you want to take out a loan. My husband got a sausage biscuit, I got a hot choc., and one doughnut and it was 15.00. The biscuit was even frozen. This place is terrible. If you want to stay somewhere nice-go to the Holiday Inn Express across the street, they will even throw in a free breakfast. You can walk to the Opryland hotel from there if you must see what it looks like inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our Nashville hotel's climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. Near our hotel, take in some of the top attractions in the country like the Grand Ole Opry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel