Let me start out by saying that the Gardens, Atriums, and fountains were beautiful. The rooms were pretty nice too, coffee maker, and free USA today newspaper. Other than that the rooms were average. The food was good too.
I felt that for a hotel that centers itself around conferences they need to get up to date technology wise. I was disappointed to find that the rooms did not have high speed internet access to plug in a laptop. On the TV you could pay $5 for 20 minutes at dial up speed. Or you could go to the "Internet Cafe" Contrary to the name there isn't a "Cafe". The computer room has only 4 thin client computers for the entire hotel conference complex. The computers are stripped down so that you can only have one internet window open. Plus there are always at least 2 people standing behind you waiting to get on the internet.
I also felt that to pay $8 per day for parking when you are shoveling over $150 a night is rediculous too. One secret for free parking, you can park in the back of the Opry Mills mall parking lot (section 6B) and take a short scenic walk to the hotel for free.
This place is certainly a tourist trap, they find ways to nickle and dime you all over, plus Nashville must have a sales tax rate of almost 10%, so stuff might seem cheap in stores or on menu's until you get the bill. They also have a Norman-Rockwell exibit, the price $15 per person. I went to the actual Norman-Rockwell museum in Massachusets, I think it was only $5-10 to get in there.
The hotel check in line was long and slow. In fact every time I walked past the check in counter in the afternoon there was a huge line. I think the hotel should staff the desk accordingly for the number of anticipated check-ins.
Overall I had a positive-relaxing experience. I just thought for their going room rate, I shouldn't have been bilked in so many other ways. However, I do realize that much of the room rate must go toward maintaining the gardens and fountains which makes it seem a little more reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel