“Love it here”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I love everything about this resort you don't even have to leave. The food is very good a little pricey but good. It smells so refreshing inside. I love all of the waterfalls we ask for an atrium view room 2 years we went there and we would leave our door open on the balcony and listen to the waterfalls as you sleep it's so soothing. They have great bands in the bars for entertainment at night. Plus you can always go downtown which isn't far and the Grand Ole Opry is close by too. I would leave today to go back there again. I am disappointed because this year I looked we would always go on our anniversary and they always had a special buy one night get one night free we always did that except for this year because they did away with it. I was so disappointed.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer M
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your loyalty to Gaylord Opryland. We are thrilled that you continue to enjoy our indoor gardens and on-property entertainment, and we look forward to hosting you again next time you are in the Nashville area!

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is great for a one night stay, but multiple nights it is too over priced. It's very easy to get lost, but I always found someone to help me get turned around. Variety of food places, but too expensive ($20 for 2 bowls of frozen yogurt). Room was nice, bed comfortable, pillows awful. 3 little throw pillows for a queen size bed. Checking in was fast for us, no line waiting and the attendant was very patient with all my questions. Not recommended for families with small children, unless all you plan on doing is swimming.

Room Tip: Ask for the Cascades building, close to pools and pickup shuttle for other excursions and most impor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have wanted to stay at this hotel for many years and were so excited to finally get the chance. The experience was not good starting with an hour wait in line to check in followed by being given the wrong type of room reserved-TWICE. Finally settling into the 3rd room more than 2.5 hours after arrival I was also disappointed by the room itself. Shabby and well used is a good description. Atrium view balcony was the only redeeming grace. The hotel bar and amenities are good to fair in most areas. I will not return and cannot recommend a stay.

Room Tip: Atrium view with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place is wonderful. It is very luxurious. Every room in this hotel is very beautiful and nice. Great customer service. It is also an adventure to walk around the hotel! There are many places to eat in here. The food is expensive, but in your luck the Opry Mills Mall is right next door. If you want to capture the luxury of Nashville, stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference for about a week. Glad to say that work paid for it, if I was paying for it I would have stayed somewhere else. It is a very nice hotel, some of the conference spaces could have been cleaner. And more women's bathrooms would have helped. Room was a typical hotel room, clean. The food was the tough part...there are lots of options but all are expensive when you are staying for a week. Not sure if I'd go back again if I were choosing the location. Once was enough.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Staff was great, especially Axle who checked us in. Had major problem with key to room. Security was called and Scott, very wonderful and friendly arrived. He couldn't get in either. Two terrific gentlemen from maintenance finally got us in. Lock had to be readjusted. Customer service was wonderful!

Accommodations were good but room was tight for us and two children. Beds were ok but the decorative pillow cases could use a good cleaning. Not the nicest room we've ever been in.

Inside of hotel is spectacular. Beautiful walkways, gardens and waterfalls. Close to The Grand Ole Opry.

Everything is really expensive. Parking, coffee, taxes, food, etc really outrageously overpriced. They even charge you to ride the 1/4 mile indoor riverboat. $10 per person!

Hotel is like a giant corn maze. Tough to figure out without a map. So many twists and turns.

Fun to stay in for one night but after paying through the nose we checked out early and went to the Courtyard.

Three stars because of price.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Was there for a convention. The property itself is gorgeous. If looks alone gave you ratings they would get five stars. Arrival wow! The line was almost out the door. I happen to be a rewards member for Marriott and was able to bypass it and get checked in faster. While checking in other people in my party did not have rooms available after making reservations. One of our group had to sleep in a room with a couch until a room was ready the next day. They upgraded her room to try to make up for it. Next our bill was to be split into 2 charges We arranged this when we checked in and gave cc info etc. the day before checking out we went to make sure everything was right on the room so we could catch our flight the next day. It was incorrect and needed to be fixed again. Our group should have only been billed for one day at our group rate and it needed to be charged on two cards. We thought it was straightened out. Check out next day and their are two bills for almost 300 a piece. Now none of our room credits were there and the group rate was gone. Called their service with a smile line to try to get it straightened out before our conference tied up. Was on the phone for over an hour and was told that they would call me back on my cell phone because I had to get to my conference. No call. 3 hours later we were back on the phone. Tried to ask to speak to a manager and was told that John was not available and was on vacation. The woman on the phone assured me they could fix this. Told to come down to the front desk to get corrected bills. Ok. Go down pick them up and they are still wrong but was told that they would correct it internally and our charge would be billed for 1 day. Two weeks have passed since our stay and I had five holds on my cc for random temp authorization amounts. Mine eventually all fell off. I get al call yesterday from one of my roommates who was charged twice. Not only was this a simple issue it caused a lot of wasted time. I had a couple hours that I was hoping to check out a couple things in Nashville. I never left the hotel. I was stuck there dealing with billing issues.
Also food service at the registers was another issue throughout all of the restaurants. They could not accommodate the rushes. They would have one cashier. We waited in line over an hour for lunch just to pay for our food. When I asked the young man why they did not have another person on the second register, he told me that this is the way that they do it.
On a positive note. I think that you should visit the hotel and take a boat ride. Maybe grab a quick drink and a snack at the cascade bar area. We had great service there and our waitress was sweet. Suggestion is visit but do not stay!

Room Tip: Ask for view of the gardens or for a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business