Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Norfolk, Virginia
“ABC 2014”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful facility with very friendly staff.It is always enjoyable to visit.It is my favorite Gaylord Hotel thou they are all beautiful. My room overlooking the Atrium has great views.The restaurants are all good but Old Hickory Steakhouse is incredible. This is a wonderful conference center.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank boxshop
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for the kind words and for your loyalty to Gaylord Opryland. It is always wonderful to hear that we continue to meet our guests' expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,957)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2014

While I was staying at the Opryland for business, I wouldn't hesitate to return with my family. Excellent amenities, clean rooms, and the abundance of shops and restaurants make it so you never have to leave(which I believe is their exact plan). My only complaint would be the dining and beverages were a bit on the high end, but if you are staying without a car, you'd never notice the prices due to the cost of a taxi. I would recommend getting downtown at least one night to take in authentic BBQ and the live local music artists.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent business stay at Gaylord Opryland. We are so glad that you enjoyed our on-property shops and restaurants, and we hope to welcome you back on your next business or leisure trip to Nashville!
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We just returned from the lovely Opryland Resort. We stayed 6 nights through the CMA fest! (totallyyyyy amazingggggggggg) Clean and friendly, beautiful and quietly located 10-15 minute ride from Downtown, you can party all day and then slink away to your garden oasis of a hotel and walk through the waterfalls and winding paths of the resort. They had a DJ by the pool on Friday and Saturday, pumping country music all day! They had amazing food and special cocktails all day by the pool. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. We stayed in an atrium room overlooking the fountains and shopping area, it was serene and beautiful to wake up every day and open the balcony door and hear the peaceful rumble of the fountains. Perfect place to stay if you like 5 star accommodations, and still feel like you are in the center of music city! We ate at Ravello's.... I was a little hesitant to eat Italian in Nashville, but it was the most amazing meal. I had the classic, spaghetti and meatballs, and it was cooked to perfection!
Great stay! Great vacation! (a little on the expensive side) but you certainly get what you pay for in this hotel! We will definitely return to this hotel next for 2015 CMA fest!!!

Thank you Opryland!

Room Tip: any balcony room has an amazing view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at Gaylord Opryland. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable stay, and that you enjoyed our indoor gardens, pool DJ and, of course, the delicious spaghetti and meatballs at Ravello. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year!
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for a number of years now. Since the Marriott took over there has been a steep decline in customer service and quality of food. This will be the first year we do not make our annual trip to Opryland Hotel as the price has increased and the quality and service have decreased.

I became a Marriott rewards member because this hotel became a branch of the Marriott. Within two years Marriott has destroyed a once great hotel. I waited six months to write this review in hopes that the terrible taste in my mouth after our stay in December would fade. Instead it has only gotten worse. I was sent an email to review my stay. I gave an honest review and never heard a word back from this company.

At one point in time I considered visiting some of Gaylords other locations. Now, for the first time since my kids were born, I will not be going back over the Christmas season. There are way cheaper options out there that offer better value, customer service, and food quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank KennethGragg
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and please accept our deepest apologies that your experience was not a pleasant one. We regret that you were left with a negative impression and please know that regaining your trust and faith in our hotel is very important to us.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and would appreciate the chance to discuss your experience further. We have messaged you privately to learn more about your stay and look forward to hearing from you so that we may better improve our service in the future.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This resort is gorgeous! It was my first time here and I got lost. I was in the Magnolia rooms and instead of going up two set of escalators I turned after the first set which led me not even close to my room. I dragged my suitcase around the hotel quite a bit until I could find a houseman that could somewhat help me. He kept telling me yellow carpet and pointed to a direction but that was still a little hard. I eventually found my room though. The rooms are spacious but the pillows are dinky. With it being such a nice resort you would figure they would have the big luscious pillow. Nope, just three small pillows and not even a down comforter blanket! Little disappointed on the bedding. I had a room with a good view of the fountains that danced to music starting at 6pm each night in the Delta atrium. I really enjoyed walking around this hotel because it is so pretty and green! I love the big waterfall in Cascade. You could sit there in The Falls and enjoy a cup a coffee in the morning. Many of the staff like housekeepers, houseman, other staff rooming the hallways for the most part greeted guest.
Just like everyone said that the food is expensive. I do recommend Paisano’s Pizzaria & Vino in the resort. The vegetarian pizza is delish! One of the days I got a sandwich to go at Cascades American Cafe and I ran into the problem of one girl saying I can order to go when they open at 11:30 am then when I went back when they opened another girl said they don't do to go orders when they have a wait list. So I disagreed with her for a bit then the other hostess finally jumped back in and said that I could order to go. I just don't understand why that hostess had to argue with me and give me an attitude about it. I would've been fine if they told me the first time that I couldn't order to go but I waited around until they opened. I took the sandwich back to my room to eat on my balcony and it was ok. They forgot to include the Au Jus with my sandwich so it was a little dry. I also ate at Solario Cantina. That place has good margaritas, salsa, guacamole and chips but that's about it. The dishes aren't great. I got the green chilies pork enchiladas. The pork was dry and I wished they added more enchilada sauce.
There are plenty things to do like the shops at the resort. There is a shuttle from the resort to The Inn at Opryland, Opry Mills, and Gaylord that is included in your resort fee. I took it to the mall one day and spent a whole day there. There is a Vera Bradley outlet! The transportation drivers at great! You can really tell they love their job. I had a private transfer from and to the hotel plus took that shuttle and each driver was informative and funny.
Overall, the hotel itself was clean and gorgeous. Rooms were clean and spacious but could work on better bedding. Customer service at the hotel could be a little better as well. I will be back though in September for another meeting.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your business stay experience at Gaylord Opryland. Our staff strives to provide flawless service, and while we apologize that some of our STARS (employees) did not meet that standard, we are glad to hear that our Transportation STARS helped make your experience more enjoyable. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed a few of our on-site amenities like Paisano's and our shuttle service, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in September!
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

What was I thinking .. A family member that likes to travel to tourist places told us ( oh you must stay at the Gaylord) No if you do not like the tourist spots do not stay here !!! It over priced , over crowded.. Plain jane rooms! Lunch cost 63.00$ for two chicken sandwiches!! What was I thinking a B&B would have been so much better and we would have gotten a wonderful breakfast as well ! Never again !! I will stick to off the beat in path !!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We're disappointed to hear the experience we provide did not meet your expectations. Regular reviews are done by hotel leadership to ensure our menu pricing is in line with comparable dining options in Nashville. Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to provide a TripAdvisor review.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We paid an outrageous price to spend one night in this Opryland Resort. The resort is beautiful but the rooms were nothing special for the price we paid. When you arrive, it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing to find your way around because the resort is so huge and so busy. It's beautiful, though, to wander around and see all of the atriums, gardens/greenery, and waterfalls. There are gift shops to wander through as well. There are lots of restaurants on site and you can check screens/monitors for a listing of all the eating establishments and for an update on what's open, what the wait times are (if any) and what kind of food they serve. We didn't end up eating in any of them, as the prices were rather steep. We took a walk over to the pool area but it was really far from our room; there is a seasonal outdoor pool as well as an outdoor whirlpool and an indoor pool. There is a charge for parking; when we were there it was $20 to self park and $28 for valet parking. We enjoyed being able to walk to the Grand Ole Opry and to the Opry Mills shopping mall from the resort. There is also a shuttle service available, although I think there is a fee for that service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickelcitygirl
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Gaylord Opryland. We are so glad you enjoyed our nine acres of indoor gardens and that you found our new Food & Beverage availability screens to be helpful. We hope to welcome you back again soon!