You will either love this hotel or hate it. It's very large and touristy...think Las Vegas or even a cruise ship. We normally don't like hotels like this and I'm not sure I'd stay again but there are plenty of positive things you can't overlook.
1. Service is really good. Everyone is very helpful and friendly
2. When we checked in the line was huge! They had plenty of people to help and we only waited 15 minutes which was impressive.
3. Restaurant food is really good. We ate at the Italian restaurant and it had large portions and was very gourmet. It is very expensive but we felt like it was worth the cost. The breakfast restaurant in the Cascades wing was amazing! Try a side of grits...yummy!
4. The bus service from the hotel and to/from the Wildhorse was always on time and very convenient. We purchased the 3 day unlimited pass for $30 pp which was great. I also have to mention the bus drivers. WOW! I'm not sure I've ever met more friendly people.
5. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Also the gardens around the hotel are so beautiful. The garden staff are like little elves-you never see them but they really know their stuff.
6. I read complaints that the hotel was hot. We found it cold. Maybe they fixed whatever issue they had.
Overall, don't discount this hotel when staying in Nashville. They are almost always 80%+ full but crowds are not an issue. Personally I'd rather stay closer to downtown next time but I'm glad we stayed here at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel