“More Than a Hotel”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Recently visiting Nashville, TN, my family stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Resort for 3 nights. The pics on the website don't do it justice. The views of the atriums from the rooms are beautiful. Once you learn where your room is, they have over 2000+ rooms, it's pretty easy to navigate. We used the self parking option($20/day + taxes) and always were able to park pretty close to the entrance (however I heard others grumbling about not finding parking and having to use the valet parking option). The sounds and sights can keep you quite busy inside and with all the restaurants options, there is something for everyone. Just beware the prices are quite high for an average lunch (over $15-17 each for a sandwich). We found many options (not chains) very close (within 10 min) that were absolutely wonderful. Marche for breakfast, The Row for dinner, Pucketts Gro for lunch were some of the ones we found. In the three days we were there, I don't believe we were able to see everything. Fountain light show was awesome…make sure you don't miss it!

Room Tip: The atrium rooms are great but very loud with water running all the time from the waterfalls, etc…mu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theresa S
Write a ReviewReviews (9,816)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a beautiful, absolutely huge property with somewhat of a Disney World feel. Registration was a breeze, and I was able to purchase my Grand Ole Opry ticket at check-in - without making a separate stop at the concierge.
The call center rep didn't mention this but, at the airport, you can buy a round-trip bus ticket (non-stop to the resort) for about the cost of a one-way taxi fare. Service was great!

Accommodations were nice, but there were noticeable drawbacks:
1) Even though it's smoke-free property, my room had the distinct odor of stale cigarette smoke.
2) The room was arranged awkwardly, IMO. Setting up your computer at the desk puts you completely across the room from the phone.
3) The closet was about half the size of the closet on my recent (budget) cruise - so you can imagine that it's VERY small!

Being so tightly scheduled for the conference I was attending left no time to fully explore the massive property. Got to see only the Delta area. The layout is pretty confusing. I spoke to guests who had been there for days and still hadn't gotten the lay of the land.

The property is a convenient 10-15 minute walk to the Grand Ole Opry.

Room Tip: If you're visiting for a conference, ask for a room nearest the meeting rooms; otherwise, you co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J S
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We drove from Oklahoma to Nashville for our anniversary. I made reservations one month prior and prepaid for the room as required. We paid for an atrium/balcony room. Upon arrival we were told they only had standard rooms available. I could not understand this as I had paid for an atrium room. The whole point of our stay was for a atrium view room. The cost for this room was over $300 - and that did not include tax and parking. We assume they oversold the rooms. We were so disappointed as this was our anniversary gift to each other. We ended up requesting a refund and left. We will not recommend this hotel and will not ever spend a dime on anything associated with the Gaylord. Just so you know Oklahoma is a 10 hour drive to Nashville!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scotty P
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here for a work convention and have to say that I still got lost after a 6 days at this hotel. It is quite expansive and for some reason I was always looking for a central lobby or landmark but got lost in the tunnels and hallways looking for my room. The room was average with two double beds. I would have liked thicker comforters and felt like I just had a sheet on the bed. My room overlooked the Delta atrium and I felt like I was in a biosphere. The water in the shower was never really hot. On my night at, a loud booming voice and siren sounds woke me up at 3:30am on the hotel speaker system. After going back to sleep for 2 hours, I called for assistance with my luggage at 5:30am to make a 6:25 ride to the airport because it was a bit of a hike from my room with to the main lobby. I was told a bellman would arrive between 20 and 25 minutes. I waited until 6:05am and still not bellman. I wish I had some more positive reviews but I was just not impressed with my stay at this massive hotel. I really could not wait to go back home.

Room Tip: Get a map and good luck finding your room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Katladyunc
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and Ii stayed from Nov 3rd through 7th. All personnel were "5 star"! The hotel is beautiful and impressive. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, and well appointed, but the bathrooms were small and the overall room was OK...but nothing special.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely!!! This is a 5 star experience and the only reason I gave is a "Very Good" rather than a higher rating is the size of the overall room and bathroom...Rooms were average...everything else was 5 stat!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so you have a view of the interior...stunning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here for a convention. This place is massive. I love the atriums and the numerous restaurants. There is a mall very close. Save $20 parking fee and park at the mall and walk to the hotel. The room was nice and clean and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kjsayers
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great Conference center, but it could use a little more internal street signage and directional arrows on the interior. Located away from Downtown making it easier to get in and out of, but not convenient to the Nashville nightlife.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business