Spent 4 nights last weekend at Gaylord Opryland – in a Cascades Interior Room . I didn’t realize that the hotel was so spread out – however once we were there for 2 days we had it all figured out. It did remind me a little of an “adult” Disney World type hotel. We ate in a few restaurants on site and enjoyed them all.
They offer free transportation to the Wildhorse Saloon – Grand Ole Opry - Shopping Mall and the General Jackson. We used it for all except the Mall. We did rent a car and used the onsite parking. It is $20.00 per day but you can come and go as you please.
I found that everyone in the hotel was helpful – we did not run into anyone who was negative. One evening I went down to get a cappuccino in the cascades coffee bar. It was a little after 700pm and they were closed. I told the girl that was cleaning up that I really needed one – and it was my birthday – and she did make me one – I was very thankful !
I guess the only thing in my eyes they could improve on is the Concierge Service in the lobby. Every time I went down there I had to wait 15 minutes or so to speak with someone. Since so many things are offered through them you really need to speak to someone to book anything or figure out whats going on. One day I went down and the line was very long so I called from my cell phone and got right through to them. I would like to see a few more people on staff in the lobby to avoid the long lines.
Also – across the street is the Willie Nelson Palace. We actually ended up going there a few nights at one point or another. They had a wonderful band and good prices on drinks. We didn’t see Willie though ! We walked over – about 10 minutes and we were very glad we did. There are also a few other places within that area that you can go check out too. Prices over there are much better than inside the Gaylord.
So all in all we enjoyed our visit to Nashville. If we go again we would stay at the Gaylord Opryland. It is about 15 minutes from downtown – but in checking out other hotels downtown – I am glad we choose Gaylord.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel