“Excellent First-Time Experience!”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband's company had their Annual Convention at this hotel so we decided to extend our stay and make it a family vacation! This hotel is UNBELIEVABLE!!! From the indoor river, to the numerous waterfalls, to the shops and boutiques all the way to the amazing pool... we were very happy we decided to stay! We took our 2 year old son who was simply fascinated by the fish and the "jungle" as he calls the indoor topiary system. The hotel has a "Consider It Done" button on the phone in the hotel room... for whatever need or request you may have. I had to use it three times, and each time after the call I received a message from one of the staff following up on my request and if it was done. The only comment that I do have is if you want your bed sheets/linens changed each day to specifically request it (for those staying a long period). We stayed for 6 days... I noticed our sheets were not changed so I called... they made note, however.. while my sheets were changed, the pillow cases were not.

There are many restaurants inside the hotel. Please make sure you verify with the restaurant before going to make sure they are open. There were two instances when we wanted to grab a quick bite to eat at Paisanos and then Stax Burger and they were not open.. which was disappointing.

This was a great hotel... the staff was hands on and very friendly.... I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to experience great customer satisfaction and a wonderful "home away from home" experience!

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although pricey, this hotel provides a fantastic experience for its guests. It has over 3,000 guest rooms. Our room had a refrigerator and high definition television. Air conditioning is adjustable for temperature and fan speed. The room was very clean and quiet. There is an $18.00 non-negotiable charge per day for Wi-Fi, 2 bottles of water and a newspaper (which we didn't receive). There are huge indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and a well equipped exercize room. This hotel is divided into 3 parts with waterfalls, a syncronized fountain that's lighted at night, a boat ride through jungle flora with Coy and restaurants in the middle. All are covered with a huge glass ceiling. Parking costs $20.00 per night. The hotel is within walking distance to the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills Mall and a Cumberland River Showboat paddle wheel river cruise. We stayed one night, just for the experience. I think this is the largest non casino hotel in the United States. Bring your camera!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Gaylord Opryland Hotel is a behemoth of a property. It is configured with four pods of rooms intermixed with fountains, waterfalls, rocks, etc. under a giant dome. The place reminds you of the big Las Vegas hotels where you check in and STAY there to eat, gamble, etc. just because it is easier. If you are there for a meeting, be sure to get a room in the pod (Magnolia) closest to the convention center; otherwise, you will have quite a walk from your room, not to mention that for the first 24 hours, you are perpetually getting lost in the maze of activity.

You tend to end up eating every meal here, which is not a bad thing, but it does seem expensive if you are eating three meals a day. On the plus side, the food in all venues and service is exceptional, so you get what you pay for. The Cascades Restaurant (Cascades Pod) is a superb place for breakfast and lunch. If you want a little more privacy, be sure to ask for a table in the rear.

For dinner, the top-of-the-line spot is The Old Hickory Steak House which is serving much more than just steak. I ate here two nights in a row and it was marvelous. Be sure to ask for Amir if you want flawless service.

I was here for three nights and, all in all, enjoyed myself and all the walking (exercise). BTW, the fitness center is awesome, too.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an atrium/courtyard room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was skeptical after reading many reviews and I use trip advisor religiously. You have to stay here. It is really only 10 min to downtown and has great shopping and restaurants outside the hotel if you don't want to spend $$$ on the hotel food. We had a blast exploring and getting lost in the gardens and pools. This is a simply beautiful hotel. It is worth the money even just for 1 night!

1  Thank erinkbrown26
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was there in August for a convention. The convention staff was outstanding, but the hotel and hotel staff were average at best. The property was enormous, and very confusing to navigate - after a week I still got lost. The staff at the hotel seemed truly bothered by guests and many wouldn't look up from personal conversations to even acknowledge customers. Rooms were rather small and don't allow the ability to control temperature. Rooms were average in terms of cleanliness, but they didn't pass my "wet wipe" test. I had to use a Purell wipe from the gym to wipe down countertops. I had an exterior room in the Cascades section, it was fine, close to spa, gym and pool. Pool was a highlight, gym was expansive and well air-conditioned. The hotel is close to the Grand Ole Opry venue. I walked there one evening and it was very nice, would definitely recommend. The Opry Mills Mall was adjacent to the Opry venue, I didn't go in, but it was certainly convenient to the hotel. The sushi bar was excellent and the bar next to the Italian restaurant was also great.

Room Tip: Magnolia seemed to be most convenient for a convention. The pool and spa are in Cascades.
1  Thank AshleyKMT
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were completely impressed by this hotel. It's just enormous and has just about everything you need under one (big) roof. I was also impressed by the gluten free items that the restaurants had to offer. I had a wonderful pasta dish that was gluten free and also buffalo wings (two things that I can rarely order in a restaurant). We had a nice quiet stay in our clean and comfortable room. It really is an amazing property. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Gaylord Opryland Hotel is a beautiful, large hotel. As others mentioned, it is somewhat confusing to get around. You can get turned around very easily but at least it is beautiful and you see something different. The conference center was plenty big enough. The prices in both the restaurants & bars were very high. It was disappointing that even after paying for the room for 3 nights, you still had to pay for parking daily (although it was discounted a bit). The hotel had many people throughout assisting you with directions, information, etc. which was helpful! I don't think I would choose this as a vacation hotel but they are well prepared to handle conferences.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the center area with a balcony knowing that nightly events would be he...