“Bad customer service”

Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Russellville, Arkansas
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I want to start by saying this is the first negative review I have ever written. The hotel is beautiful and clean but I had such a bad experience with customer service that I have to share. We booked the Dreamworks package. They sent an email with he charges summary. There is of course parking and a resort fee so that was no surprise. The surprise was when I checked in and the charges were more than the estimated charges they had sent to my phone. There were additional charges and fees that were for the Dreamworks package that I still do not understand. The worse part was when I called to ask what those charges were and why the website did not disclose those, I was treated like some idiot who did not have enough sense to know what I was talking about. The customer service guy had the nerve to tell me that I needed to read the fine print. He couldn't tell me where that was just that he was sure it was there. I explained that I did not feel that you should need an attorney to book a room. He then told me that if I ever took a nice trip or stayed in a nice hotel like Disney or a cruise that I would find this. I really felt like he was talking down to me. I could not believe the lack of customer service. The amount of money that was in question was so insignificant in relation to the amount of money we spent there in two days but the rudeness ans disrespect shown by this employee was very significant. We will never stay the again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gennyc819

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,911)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The only conceivable reason to stay at this stupefyingly bad hotel would be that your firm or group was convening there, in which event you should demand combat pay. To go there of your own accord would be madness. It is an elephantine facility with interminable waits to check in and check out, staff that runs the whole gamut from vacant to surly, and tourist food that rarely rises to the level of mediocre (room service, in particular, is inedible). And don't check bags with the clueless bellmen if you need to get them back anytime before nightfall. There is nothing this place offers that isn't done a hundred times better by Disney, Universal Studios and/or Sea World, just to name three. Marriott has recently taken over, and if this chaos can be brought under any kind of control, they're the ones to do it. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 Thank darthwill
Cape Town
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my cousin who had organized a big business conference at the hotel. The day I checked out I forgot to empty my safe. I had left a few pieces of jewellery, keys and a white envelope with $2500 in it. When I realized this I called the lost and found twice to report it. They sent me the keys and the jewellery but no money. The following day I phoned the head of security who showed absolutely no interest in believing me. He promised to look into it but when he called me back he insisted that it must be in my bag or suitcase. There were many calls made to try and locate my money but nobody cared. It is disgusting that a hotel can go into your safe and remove valuables and get away with it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bantrybay017
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was able to get a deal thru Priceline otherwise we wouldn't have stayed.

Hotel is gorgeous. Although yes it is very easy to get lost in without the map they provide. Even with that it can be hard. Trying to find the business center to print something took a good 30 minutes just to locate.
The rooms are beautiful and well appointed.
Their shuttle service to downtown ( yes it costs but was reasonable) worked great for my daughter and her friend that were attending a concert at Bridgestone.

Just be prepared even if you have a good deal or with a convention you still will be paying a lot.
Room service for a Club Sandwich and one slice of Cheesecake came to $30. They advertise free wifi but considering each day you stay you are charged a $18 "resort fee" it's not really free. Then of course the daily parking fee.

Otherwise a wonderful experience. But won't stay again without another price deal to cover the costs of other charges that incur.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife reserved a balcony atrium view room for a weekend away from home. At check-in the lady who helped us was rude. Acted as though we were inconveniencing her by being there. We checked in at around 3:00 P.M. and it was busy. (Throughout our stay, several other employees seemed to have the same attitude as the lady who checked us in. That says to me that the management of the hotel does not concern itself with making sure the staff is hospitable.) She told us that the room we reserved was not available however an atrium view room without a balcony was available. We told her that we didn't really want that and asked if they could upgrade us to a better room for free since they didn't have our room. She refused saying that the have been instructed not to provide complimentary upgrades. Reducing the price of the room was not an option either according to her. She simply told us we were out of luck, take it or leave it. My wife had reserved the Dine-Around Tour so we gritted our teeth and took the room we didn't want. Don't get me wrong, the room was very nice and clean but it was not what we had reserved. Also the hotel is very nice in many respects. The Dine-Around tour was very fun and I would recommend it to anyone who is going to be staying in Nashville. (You go to 5 different restaurants in the hotel and get a drink and specially prepared dish.) It was really good. The staff during the dine around tour was great.

Room Tip: Do not expect to get the type room you reserved.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place ain't cheap; luckily I didn't pick up the tab. But the complex is great for a rain or shine event. Atrium after atrium of quaint towns with Southern charm under glass. You can feel like you've been outside without actually being out from under a roof.

The condition is pristine and it's all very well-done. However everything is insanely expensive --from the room to the meals. But the hotel isn't very conveniently located so you're kind of strong-armd into paying exorbitant rates for what you need. Key example: an $8 toothbrush.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff were lovely, but the resort is too far from downtown Nashville, and even quite a hike from the Grand Ole Opry. We made the mistake of driving to and from the latter, and what would have been a 15-minute walk in the heat turned into a half hour by car. The resort itself is huge, very confusing to navigate, and garish. Food is over-priced. The staff, however, are excellent -- always friendly and helpful. The rooms are like any ordinary run-of-the-mill 3-star hotel. $20/day to park and an $18 "resort fee" were rip-offs. If we go to Nashville again, it will be to a downtown hotel.

1 Thank Ellen H