My son and I stayed here for Memorial Day Weekend 2013. The place is great. The staff is attentive and friendly. There are still some noticeable hiccups in the Marriott/Gaylord conversion.
Great Staff. Easy going people with a "can-do" attitude. I am glad that I I was a member of the "Gold Elite Level" of the Marriott Rewards program. It easily saved me 45 min at check-in. The standard line for check in was HUGE. I would have never expected such a long line at check in. However, this was first symptom that I noticed that this place is too big.
After checking in, I tried to follow the map to our room. Fourth Floor of the Delta Island. I had to navigate past the first atrium, past a few shops until I found the "red" carpet. I then had to walk about a third of a mile down the halls of the hotel to the third elevator set. This was no easy task for my six year old son, and I got lost a couple of times. I rarely get lost, and I know how to read a map. This was when I determined that this place was just too large.
We finally arrive at a room, about an hour after we valeted the car. The room was small for my standard. This is when I figured out that this is a business travelers hotel, and not a family resort. This is where I viewed my stay in a very different way. If I would have only viewed it through my "parent" lenses, I would have been dissatisfied with my stay.
There wasn't much on location at this property that was truly fun for kids to freely do, though my son did enjoy hearing Shrek's voice on the phone during the "wake-up" call. However, a business traveler or convention goer would love this place. Great food options for foodies and very few for kids. Moderately suitable spa, that is free for use by Marriott Rewards Elite Members. Lots to see and explore.
I would not consider this a "romantic" place. It's bathroom and rooms are just not equipped or appointed in a fashion that would inspire the word "romance". This hotel is "business class" on a very large scale.
This place is too large to get in and out of efficiently. If you want to go downtown, or out and about, there is no easy way to do it. This place is so large that it's impossible to get anything you want in a quick time frame. Whether it be room service or just going down to pick something up, everything just takes "too long".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Prestigia so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel