Wow. When they announced that this property was the largest hotel in the country that didn't include "gaming," they were not kidding. I literally carried the hotel map with me at all times, and still managed to get lost on several occasions. Now, that was not really a bad thing, as the grounds of this hotel are stunning and the gardens and foliage there are unlike anything I have ever seen before.
Many restaurants to choose from and I did order room service one night, and I was happy with my choice. A resort fee is mandatory, which included Internet, and I will say that I was disappointed with that. The service was slow, and I had to constantly keep logging on as the service would disappear while I was working on my laptop. I do not mean once or twice, but many times within a very short time frame. I would then be asked if I wanted to "upgrade" my service for an additional $6.99?" I figured if I was already paying more than $18 a day for the service, I should be getting better coverage that what I was getting.
The staff there was very helpful and the check in process took less than 10 minutes. And, I was there while several large conferences were going on, yet I never felt that the property was crowded in any way. I paid for the RT shuttle from the airport to the property, which was $30 dollars. The other hotels in that area had free shuttles I later found out, and considering what I paid per night to stay at this property, I think that their shuttle should be complimentary for paying guests. The other hotels in that area were less $$ per night, yet their guests were taken to their destination free of charge. I found that strange.
I would stay here again if ever in Nashville for another event, if the price is right. I will have to think about that shuttle fee though!!!! Just saying......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our Nashville hotel's climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,888 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. Near our hotel, take in some of the top attractions in the country like the Grand Ole Opry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel