Unfortunately, we only had one night to stay at the Gaylord Opryland before flying home, but I have to say that this property was the most impressive thing that we encountered in Nashville. The Opryland resort sprawls out over 9 acres of beautiful, tropical gardens - it's actually designated as an Arboretum site by the state of Tennessee. The property is stunning, and we spent a few hours walking around just exploring all of the paths and waterfalls and looking at the beautiful plants and flowers. There are also a menagerie of restaurants on the premises. The only one we had a chance to try was Cascades, and our meals were delicious (go for the shrimp & grits). The night we arrived we ordered in-room dining because we got in so late. Despite the late hour, our server went the extra mile and set up a table on our little balcony, and we ate overlooking the atrium, which was really nice. If you're going to stay at this hotel, I highly recommend splurging for an atrium view room - it's worth every penny. The gardens are that impressive, and it's great to be able to leave your balcony door open and listen to the waterfalls outside. Our bed was SO comfortable that we researched the pillows and featherbed topper used at the Gaylord when we got home, and bought the same ones for our home. Yeah, seriously - they were that good. I'd describe this resort as Nashville meets Disneyland and Vegas, but that's not necessarily a bad thing . . . if you're looking for a very nice hotel with tons of amenities for the whole family, this is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel