Massive disappointment doesn't begin to express my feelings after convincing my company to blow over a thousand dollars for two rooms for 3 nights. In addition to the hotel placing me literally as far as possible from the convention they knew I was coming to attend, there was exactly one point of entry to reach the room which involved going up and down stairs each time, circling the escalators which don't reach the first floor. The service access door (2 doors away from my room, was closed exactly once in the four days I was there, turning the nice painted, carpeted hall instead into linoleum and cinder blocks. The humidity never fell below 70% in the room...much less the conservatory. The bathtub drain was rusted, the window, which led to a view of the back side of plants, was covered in condensation drop marks, never cleaned while I was there. The center of the hotel which I was forced to trek across for every meeting of the convention was completely shut down for 8 hours for a two hour event in the afternoon, leading to 7 extra flights of required stairs each direction. The food within the resort, excepting a small desert or drink was beyond the per dorm allowed for by my company's travel policies. I was greeted by their personnel exactly 4 times in 4 days, twice by the same valet on the last day.
All in all, I was exceptionally disappointed. Had I paid personally instead of my company, I would have absolutely left and demanded my entire cost be returned to me. The were no apologies for any of the shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel