“Love this Mega-hotel!”

Ranked #49 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Bloomington, Illinois
“Love this Mega-hotel!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel with a convention and now returned with my family. The hotel has so much to do, you need a few days to take it all in - great restaurants, the indoor atriums, the shopping, all without leaving the hotel. Walking distance to the Grand Ol' Opry and Opry Mills, or take the resort shuttle. You don't get mega stuff without being mega huge, so there is a lot of walking and it can get confusing. Try to enjoy the sights while you walk around the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,957)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Novato, CA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently attended a seminar held at the Convention Center of this hotel. The organization of the seminar rooms was excellent as was the food supplied throughout the three days. The Convention Center is set away from the major part of the hotel, walking to it through areas of palm trees, streams, bridges and cute shops. My room with two queen beds was very nice. The room and bathroom had all the amenities I needed and I ordered food from in-room dining twice which was delivered in an appropriate time and was quite good. The staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. I only wish I had more time to try a few more restaurants and check out the spa and fitness center. It is located very close to Opry Mills, a gigantic mall with every store immaginable. Perfect for an afternoon of shopping and an early evening movie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived to the hotel very late and we were still greeted by valet and the front desk agent. We had been driving for twelve hours and were very tired. We got to our room and had a traditional view, which ended up working in our favor because when we woke up the next morning, it was snowing outside! This was a big deal since we are both from Florida! The next day we had fun exploring the hotel and around Nashville. We are moving up to Nashville soon so, we needed to look for a place to live. The concierge was very helpful and friendly with not only areas that we should look for a place to live but also for the restaurants that are local and well known. That night we tried a couple of the bars and restaurants in the hotel and they were amazing! The drinks were great and the sushi was delicious; some of the best sushi we have ever had. My boyfriend and I work in hospitality so, we understand the demands of the guests and how things should work around a hotel. The staff was friendly, helpful and overall a pleasure to interact with. We have a different view of hospitality since my boyfriend works as a housekeeping manager and I work at the front desk so, it is hard not to rate our experience; but if we had to rate our experience, we would give the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel a 100% and the staff a 100% for going above and beyond. Our experience at the hotel was perfect and we wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: As a front desk agent, I get all kinds of requests: near an elevator, away from an elevator, close t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KellyG52
Springfield, Kentucky
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a night at the Opryland Resort for our birthdays. Overall we were pleased with our stay. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and we had a balcony that overlooked the garden area. There were lovely amenities including an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and nice workout center. Check-in was laborious as we had reserved a room in the atrium ahead of time only to be told that you "can't reserve a room" even though we had been told otherwise when we made the specific reservation and put down a hefty deposit. Needless to say, it took about 30 minutes to sort out and we still didn't get the reserved room. If you are looking for a Disney like hotel production with fake waterfalls, elaborate restaurants, rivers, and shopping this is the place for you. It is not about charm, but instead about over the top impressions.

Room Tip: Go for the atrium if you want quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is magnificent, however, that being said - you have to walk a country mile to get anywhere! I am attending a convention and it takes a good 30 minutes to get from the convention part of the building to your room - IF you can find your room quickly. Forget it if you are handicapped, they charge you a daily fee to rent out a scooter and have wheelchair service like at the airport where you have to tip up the rear end.

They have four conventions going on at the same time and at lunch time, the restaurants are PACKED. I ended up ordering a kids grilled cheese and soda and it cost me $19 bucks!!! If the hotel had mini shuttles etc.. like other large resorts do, I would rank it 4 starts or above - however, being handicapped - this was not pleasant. My foot is the size of a melon and my employer will not pay for a power scooter or tips!!!

Room Tip: Get one close to the convention center if you are going there for business.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's almost like a mini city under one roof.... water falls and indoor river with boat rides.... rooms are spacious and plenty of resturants to choose from.... Service is great and not too far from airport.... Plenty of convention space but also nice for families..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jesco74
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but very hard to navigate when you are pushing someone in a wheelchair. We were celebrating our 48th anniversary. I had to push my husband in his wheelchair for a long distance just to get to the section we were staying in. Then they put a person in a handicapped room way at the end of a long long hall. Don't they know that this is difficult enough to do, let alone being older and pushing someone on carpeting. You pay enough to stay at the hotel but they also charge for the parking. We always valet park because of my husband being in a wheelchair.
By the time the hotel adds the resort tax and all the other taxes, it is really expensive. Although it was a nice place, we would rather stay somewhere that doesn't charge extra for everything and have more money to spend on other things so we aren't exhausted just getting to our room.
I am not lying when I tell you that I had to take a nap from exhaustion from the long distance to the room.

Room Tip: If you are in a wheelchair, check first to make sure your room is not so far away from everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple