“Great resort for business or pleasure”

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Such a fun place. I was there on business and basically never had to leave the resort until I wanted to explore downtown Nashville night life. The resort has everything including a little boat ride around the indoor river! It's gigantic, a mini city. The only thing is it is easy to get lost but other than that...
Everyone there is super nice, food and drink was very good but expensive. Definitely something forveryone. Great for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center far exceeded my expectations.
We booked this as a last minute trip in January 2013 and just traveled February 17th thru the 22nd. The Hotel could do no wrong. We stayed in the Delta Wing and it was a perfect location to everything. The Restaurants are great and we didnt have any problems getting a reservation. The only thing is that if the hotel is not booked at 100% then they will close a restaurant. we never had a problem finding something to eat and you have 24 hour room service. The hotel is fabulous but you also do pay for what you get.
We didnt have to leave if we didnt want to as you had everything right at your fingertips.
Overall I would stay here again. The feel of the resort was very warm and inviting.
Great hotel experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Delta Section of the hotel. close to the Cascades.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a convention in May 2012. The property is gorgeous and HUGE to the point of being overwhelming. It is like being inside a giant city enclosed in a series of atriums...you can see the outside, but may have to walk a mile to get to it.

The restaurants onsite and other amenities are all very nice, but there is very little here for the budget traveler. The rooms are nice, the convention center is top notch, and the service is extremely attentive and friendly. If you don't mind spending money on all the extras, this is a great place. If you are on a budget and want someplace that is easy to get around, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was extremely excited about staying at this hotel. There had been several occasions, where I would go to have a drink at one of their many bars, but never had I planned a stay at this hotel. However, this trip I stayed at the hotel and planned to go to see the Rockette at the Grand Ole Opry. Check-in at the hotel was awful. We got to the desk to speak with the customer service person and she seemed very confused. It couldn't have been our reservation, because I had my confirmation in hand. She excused herself and went to "the back office" to check on something and didn't return for 15 minutes. It took about 30 minutes to check-in. As I stood there I heard other guests, that were also checking in, having major issues with their confirmed reservations. The hotel was packed and it was hard to maneuver through the walkways due to the crowds. Many people that I spoke with said that this particular hotel always has a problem at check-in. While we were there they were hosting a youth conference, so there were kids of all ages running up and down the hallways without parental supervision. The room was small and it was adequately cleaned; it was nothing special. The restaurants and bars were highly overpriced. I did go see the Rockettes with my husband and brother. This show was like watching a version of the Disney production of the Country Bears to include the Rockettes. Needless to say, we left during the intermission. I titled this review Grand Facade, because the hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays, but once you started the check-in process and proceeded with the stay, it was nothing special at all! I was highly disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Summer W
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I knew this property would be large and it was more than expected. The ground are beautiful, the stores interesting and the food was great. Prices high as would be expected but the quaility was excellent. Everyone from the Valet to the clerk in Fed Ex office went out of thier way to make me comfortable. I traveled alone and had no worries at any time. Be sure to remember the color of your hallway! :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a King room 3 months in advance of our New Years Eve arrival. Needless to say, that is not what we got. As most properties do, they will sell the room you booked at a lesser price to another party that will pay a higher price.

We received 0 compensation for this inconvenience.

The room was average, at best. Everything was brand new, post-flood, except for the 1950s smoke-stained yellow telephone.

That aside, the property itself was 5 circles all-day long.

My recommendation? Stay somewhere else, but spend the day and/or evening walking and doing everything within the grounds, and you won't regret having spent as much money as most do, who stay there on the ground.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for a conference. The hotel is massive and I literally got lost several times. As far a conference center hotel you can not ask for anything better. Great meeting space during the day and plenty of good restaurant and bars at night. You do not have to leave the hotel for anything. The beauty of the venue is stunning, I have never seen anything like it. The pros are there for attending a conference or something that is business related. As far as staying there while visiting Nashville for pleasure, I do not think this will be my first option.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business