This hotel is amazing. I have now stayed there 4 different times and each time for numerous days. There is much to see and do here. Even this time I walked paths I hadn't before. We were in the Garden section of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the garden atrium. It was all decorated for Christmas. Very nice. There is tons of walking in the hotel. I was here for a convention and we were a long way from the convention rooms. I didn't mind as I loved walking through the place but one of my friends had a bad knee and found she struggled with all the walking. Non-the-less we managed fine. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. We loved our balcony and got a good rate through the convention. Everyone should stay here once. If you can't afford to stay come and walk through the place. No charge for that as far as I know. The down side of the hotel is that it is quite a drive from downtown Nashville but they do offer shuttles and also cabs are a $25 flat rate plus $1 per person. The airport is quite close though but is the same rate. If you go with 2 or more people it's cheaper to cab it than use the shuttle. With your room key you get free admission to the Wildhorse Saloon downton.
The rooms aren't fancy but a balcony is definitely nice. If you are getting one ask for a higher floor. Some do not have good views. Also watch out when you walk around the beds. They put wooden decorative boxes around the beds and me and all of my friends bumped into them at some point and got bruises. We were having a little "count the bruises" competition by the end.
The Opry Mills Mall is back to full operation as it was before the 2010 flood. It's a great mall with lots of stores to choose from. Something for everyone. Lots of restaurants too.
Our group went to the Rockettes Christmas show that was on at the Opry House. It's a fabulous show with a nativity that brings tears to your eyes it's so real.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our Nashville hotel's climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. Near our hotel, take in some of the top attractions in the country like the Grand Ole Opry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel